It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump to make decision on Paris Agreement next week.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

One expert group ran a worst-case computer simulation of what would happen if the U.S. does not curb emissions, but other nations do meet their targets. It found that America would add as much as half a degree of warming (0.3 degrees Celsius) to the globe by the end of century.

Scientists are split on how reasonable and likely that scenario is.

Another computer simulation team put the effect of the U.S. pulling out somewhere between 0.1 to 0.2 degrees Celsius (.18 to .36 degrees Fahrenheit).
[url=https://wattsupwiththat.com/2017/05/27/scientists-predict-0-3c-of-dangerous-warming-if-president-trump-pulls-out-of-paris/]Link[ /url]
edit on 28-5-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

My point exactly, nuff said...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

One expert group ran a worst-case computer simulation of what would happen if the U.S. does not curb emissions, but other nations do meet their targets. It found that America would add as much as half a degree of warming (0.3 degrees Celsius) to the globe by the end of century.

Scientists are split on how reasonable and likely that scenario is.

Another computer simulation team put the effect of the U.S. pulling out somewhere between 0.1 to 0.2 degrees Celsius (.18 to .36 degrees Fahrenheit).

Simulations aside, the threat of global pollution is very real, systemic and ongoing.

They want to increase the levels, not reduce it as world population increases. No matter what they say, there will be more mountain top removal coal mining, resource extraction in the form of metals mining, oil and gas extraction, and nuclear power plants.

The more people the more energy, required the more money they make, who gives a crap about pollution and disease? The wealthy elite control the worlds governments now, they live in secure fortresses, ride in armored cars, lear jets and helicopters, breathe filtered air and eat and drink different food than us.

The only thing they care about is themselves.
edit on 29-5-2017 by intrptr because: edit

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It does appear that the accord will have a signifcant impact on industry if it does get implemented, primarily the Oi & Gas and Coal industries as developed nations switch to renewables
Renewables like biomass, yea, lets cut down the forests and burn them to generate electricity! Food vs Fuel, seed down our farmland for biodiesel and Ethanol!

Fingers crossed he kills The Paris Agreement or sends it to Congress to get defeated.

It' Monday today, will know this week.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
“We’re going to cancel the Paris climate agreement and stop all payments of United States tax dollars to UN global warming programs.”
— Donald Trump, Bismarck North Dakota, May 26, 2016

Now one year later, we’ll soon see whether this president keeps one of his most salient binary promises. It will be very, very disappointing if he does not. But I am very hopeful.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A reply to: D8Tee

Heard on radio this am that he did, but havent verified that.

Doesnt do much but buy time however. Next Dem prexy or next RINO prexy will sign on.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
A reply to: D8Tee

Heard on radio this am that he did, but havent verified that.

Doesnt do much but buy time however. Next Dem prexy or next RINO prexy will sign on.

Next Dem prexy might be a long time coming.

I searched and cannot find confirmation that he's announced a decision yet.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I'm just back and haven't had a chance to look for confirmation. I just scanned search results and did see one interesting thing, Exxon is urging Trump to NOT ditch the agreement.
money.cnn.com...

But I can't find anything definitive. Maybe my radio station was wrong? Its altogether possible.

As to the next Dem prexy? I got no idea. I was wrong about the election going to Hilary, although she did win the popular vote. I really don't know what to think. However, I'd have to think that whenever/whoever the Dems put into the White Hut next will make Obama look like a Conservative because it seems these elections are swinging ever further to the extremes...........and maybe that's all a question of who turns out to vote.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Latest tweet indicates he is going to make the announcement soon.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 6h6 hours ago
More
I will be announcing my decision on the Paris Accord over the next few days. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

Leaks again. Always leaks....

Reuters

President Donald Trump plans to make good on his campaign vow to withdraw the United States from a global pact to fight climate change, a source briefed on the decision said on Wednesday, a move that promises to deepen a rift with U.S. allies.

White House officials cautioned that details were still being hammered out and that, although close, the decision on withdrawing from the 195-nation accord - agreed to in Paris in 2015 - was not finalized.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 8h8 hours ago
More
I will be announcing my decision on Paris Accord, Thursday at 3:00 P.M. The White House Rose Garden. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join