It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge for Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Salaam.

I want to ask Christians something, challenge them/you to answer some questions.

Galatians 3:13

"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law by being cursed for our sake, since scripture says "cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree." 14.This was done so that in Christ Jesus the blessing of Abraham might include the pagans, and through faith we might receive the promised Spirit.

So...

1. God's Law was "the curse (of the Law)."

2. Jesus pbuh was "cursed for [y]our sake."

3. Cursed. Period regardless of why this is so absurd it is two issues at least. How was he, "God in the flesh", cursed?

That is my first challenge, explain how it can be imagined the Law of God is a curse, how do you justify such nonsense?

What good does a cursed Christ pbuh do pagans? Maybe Gentiles in other translations but I am using a very honest translation.

How can God (you believe Jesus pbuh is God) be cursed?

Who cursed "God" in the flesh?

And I won't burden you too much but:

3:19 The Law was promulgated (ordained) by angels.

Now, tell me, what passage in any book in the Old Testament makes such a preposterous claim as this alleged "curse of the Law" that was really given Moses by God Himself at Sinai, says "Ordained by angels." Or justifies even saying it? None, I already know.

Inspired.

Is it the law of angels Paul is talking about and not the Torah, the Law given at Mt. Sinai?

What is the law of angels and who was it for?

God is Greatest!

God doesn't curse Prophets, Messiahs, it's anathema. Even Isaiah, sawed in two, was not cursed. They all had it rough at times and some died horrible deaths, but weren't cursed.

Such an accusation to make against the Most High God, no?
edit on 26-5-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Disturbinatti

The law being called a curse is because no one can keep it . You can try but you will fail and fail until you turn to the one that did keep the law perfectly and took the burden of our sins and the punishment dew to us and God is able to forgive our sins and be justified in doing so .

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Jesus pbuh kept it.

He is someone.

Doesn't make sense or make the Law a curse.

It's free will, not the Law, that causes the transgression of the Law.

Curse has nothing to do with it.

You are accusing God of making a Law that was impossible to obey?

Quite an accusation.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Without the law there can be no transgression .The more laws you make the more transgression there will be . do the math

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Without the Law is chaos with no punishment.

Kill, steal, do whatever you want, with no retribution or justice?

Some ideology!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Without the law there can be no transgression .The more laws you make the more transgression there will be . do the math

You could have just as many transgressions with fewer laws. I did the math.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You are confusing yourself by not reading the text properly.
The phrase "curse of the Law" means "the curse announced in the Law". Nothing to do with the Law itself being a curse.

Just go back and read the text with all due care and atttention;
V10 is a quotation from the Law, and that quotation announces a curse;"Cursed be everyone who does not abide by all things written in this law..."
Then v13 explains that Christ has redeemed us from THAT curse, the curse announced by the Law in Deuteronomy and quoted in v10.

It's all explained in this location (qv);
The promise to Abraham

edit on 26-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

But I asked many questions and I can assure you that you will never justify accusing God of making a Law that causes people to sin because it can not be obeyed.

It's injustice at the highest level and slandering God.

Try answering another is my suggestion..

Good luck though.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Some ideology!
Its not a ideology but is a fact . Prior to someone deciding to make a stop sign and attach a law to it ,it was not illegal to not stop . It could be deemed unsafe but the creation of the law carries the weight of the law . Cain killed Abel before the law not to kill was made . It was because killing was wrong .

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I assure you I read it many times and understand it.

You are going to force it to make sense with sophistry and accuse me of not comprehending?

I understand fine. You just can't answer.

Not in a way that makes sense. It's nonsense.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I don't see you answering my questions.

Just telling me to read again and understand as you do.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

How is it a fact?

Now you're​ being ridiculous.

God never said "My Law is a curse."

Did He?

God doesn't do injustice, which is what you are accusing Him of doing by saying that the Law can't be obeyed and that makes it a curse.

That's a confused ideology, not a fact.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

God punished people for violating impossible to obey commandments/laws?

You believe this AND worship this misguided view of God Paul has of the Righteous God of Abraham pbuh?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"Sir, I have given you a reason- I am not obliged to give you an understanding"; Samuel Johnson.
All the explanation you need is in my post and at the linked location.

You need to learn how to read things with a genuine willingness to understand what they say, and that's how one arrives at the truth.
I have done my part in this thread.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You could have just as many transgressions with fewer laws. I did the math
We run into statue laws such as with the Motor Vehicle Act ...If we break any of the statute laws we can be punished under the law . Now go remove these laws and see how many can be broken . The commandments are considered laws and the first commandment is to love God with all your heart and mind and soul . There is also the law not to covet . How would it be possible to figure out not to covet ?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Thanks for not answering my questions then.

It "justifies" my making this thread. Like a "cursed" Jesus pbuh "justifies" your salvation.

Salaam.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I think the point of the thread is to question how Jesus became cursed when he is supposedly God. How can God be cursed and how is accepting a curse a good thing? Also if we accept Jesus then does that mean we have accepted a curse?
edit on 5/26/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I was intending to answer, and have answered, this part of the opening post;

That is my first challenge, explain how it can be imagined the Law of God is a curse, how do you justify such nonsense?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I challenge you to read Isaiah 52-53, as it explains how Jesus (pbuh) was cursed. Isaiah 53:11 is the key. I wont quote any NT epistles for you, because I know how uncomfortable Paul makes you guys feel.

edit on 26-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Assalaamu alaikum.

"Who cursed "God" in the flesh?"

The Imposter Paul.

"how it can be imagined the Law of God is a curse, how do you justify such nonsense?"

Jesus taught that he did not come to destroy the law or the prophets. He then says that all the law of the prophets is based upon love:

Matthew 5:17-20

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 22:36-40

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Jesus warned against those who seek to corrupt his message:

Matthew 7:15-20

“Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them."

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join