It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Matthews: White House Staged Slain Marine Mom's Hug

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It would not surprise me one iota that it was staged. The Bush Cabal is nothing but war mongering liars, that will use every opportunity to blind their faithful supporters. Pathetic.

Matthews: White House Staged Slain Marine Mom's Hug
Newsmax | February 4 2005
MSNBC's "Hardball" host Chris Matthews suggested last night that the high point of President Bush's State of the Union Address - the emotional hug between grateful Iraqi voter Safia Taleb al-Suhail and Janet Norwood, mother of a Marine who died liberating her country - was staged by the White House.
Link

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It was not staged. The people involved have been making the news circuits denouncing Matthews for these statements.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It was not staged. The people involved have been making the news circuits denouncing Matthews for these statements.

How do you know this for fact!? It's one person's word against another.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Of course it was staged. That was not spontaneous. An act- there's nothing normal about politics, specially the Bush administration.

I really have no doubt that a lot of Iraqis are pleased, but this is a show, to let the world know that King George is T-H-E Man. He's the saviour.
Lots of people buy into this crap...and then there were the Bush crocodile tears...yep.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

It's not one person's word against another. It's one person's speculation against the word of people involved in the situation. Matthews was wrong.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Well this type of things are done for "image control" and "public opinion" is part of politics and is done to attract good polls results and get the best reaction from the good compassionated Americans that will not be able to see through the tactic.

Now don't get me wrong they are the people they said the are but the hug moment was probably chosen for that particular time in the speech.

Even I got hart warmed about it.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   

It's not one person's word against another. It's one person's speculation against the word of people involved in the situation. Matthews was wrong.

Whatever....we all believe what we want to, you choose to believe it was real, I think it was fake.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Even I got hart warmed about it.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by marg6043]
Thats exactly why it was done.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Whatever....we all believe what we want to, you choose to believe it was real, I think it was fake.

I thought it was probably preplanned as well. But after hearing the testimony of the women involved and seeing the replays of it, I accept that it wasn't. I never doubted the genuineness of the emotion however.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The hug was genuine enough but the fact they were all put there for the address was convenient ripping good PR, i.e staged meeting for PR, planned deliberatly. Like I said in another similar thread, where was the iraqi who lost her/his son/daughter/mother/father as a result of Bush's glorious work in iraq, where are the surviving relatives of so called "Casualties of war"? where were the parents of a dead marine, who emphatically disagreed with us involvment in iraq?
Too convenient I say .
very biased planning.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Obviously their attendance at the speech was preplanned, it's not like some chicks from Afghanistan and Iraq just showed up and got in and sat next to the First Lady!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Djohnsto77, I admire your patriotism but can't say I understand your complete inability to recognize when you're being gotten over on. Are you for real? How many s**t sandwiches does George Bush have to feed you before you realize what you're eating?? Remember, propoganda only works on the closed minded.

Peace

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Of course it was staged. Duh. They were both put there and both put close enough to each other so that there'd inevitably be some sort of reaction.

I doub they said 'here is a hundred bucks, go hug them, cry a little' tho. Why would they need to, its obvious that some sort of emtional thing would happen.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They were placed there during the speech as "heroes" a practice that has been done in many State of the Union speeches by many Presidents, including Bill Clinton.

The hugging was not scripted or planned.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

They were placed there during the speech as "heroes" a practice that has been done in many State of the Union speeches by many Presidents, including Bill Clinton.

The hugging was not scripted or planned.

I rest my case. You must have bought up all that oceanfront property in Arizona!

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And, of course, it happened while Bush was President, so it has to be fake, or bad, or negative or stupid. Right?

Would you expect Bush to fill those seats with war protesters?

Staged or not, (I think not). It was quite a moment. and I can see that it's really bugging the lefties. That made it worth the price of admission.

First, I cried, and now I laugh..

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Totally agree spacedoubt...I'll post this again just to annoy Dr Love!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Staged definitly.

Don't you know that every image, every pause in a speech, every nook & cranny, every subtlty is planned to the uttmost degree. I work in marketing and assure you when dealing with the general public perception is EVERYTHING!!! Truth is secondary. Do you how hard and comprimising it is to sit in marketing meetings, listening to all the BS, how we can "distract" consumers from actually "thinking" about the product we want to sell and keep them focused on the "pretty lights & effects" th eoh's and ah's, the humor,...

The point is it's all about perception... and the gov's payroll regarding all matters PR related is quite staggering I'm sure.

Don't think for a second, the women weren't primed with a little ".... and it would be nice to lean in a give a hug... it would mean alot to the president"

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Serum39]

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Serum39]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Djohnsto77, just to let you know, you've succeeded.

Serum39, the ignorant beast will read your post and the beast will only hear the sound of crickets in it's head.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
matthews "suggested it" as have many people have on these boards.

I'm going to suggest world hunger will end tomorrow. does that make it so ?

of course not, and neither does matthews' comment

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join