It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I heard a really good song on the way into work: Dorothy Down To The Bottom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It's a great song with a strong driving rhythm. It has a really good sound and great vocals. What I really like is the second chorus at the 1:34 mark in YouTube below. I thought it was kind of unusual to have a second chorus after the first chorus. The second chorus really works well in this song.

edit on 24-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I love their song called Missile. Always gets me fired up! You should check it out.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Ya know, I've been going down a musical rabbit hole here lately.

Nearly 40, quit my career of eleven years, taking a tour through life with my best friend, who is leaving for Colorado.

I was a long time metal head, not very broad in my tastes. One day, I created the Milky Chance station in my Pandora. From there, a whole world of music has opened up to me. I was almost certain that music was dead in this modern era. I still think American music may be, but man, bands like Milky and Alt-J have really shown me that real, layered, complex music is thriving. It's just not on my continent. I've ventured into the modern swing stuff, the strange and somehow classic sounds that seem to be resonating silently in the earbuds of strangers.

I just never knew. Amazingly, this stuff is already old for many, yet new to me.

I'll find something that is classy to share. Has an almost Portishead vibe to it.

And just for good measure, I'll throw in a couple of my Alt-J favs. His voice is just..... It brings a unique flavor to a medley in the way Modest Mouse or Pixies does. In food speak, it would be the equivalent of adding a touch of stone-ground mustard to your peanut-butter and jelly sandwich.

edit on 24-5-2017 by Bobaganoosh because: the music, man... the music.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Down To The Bottom not playing on UK interwebz so adding this.

top topics

join