It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News (cable) Falls Hard to 3rd Place Last Week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Fox News on Cable TV fell down to 3rd place last week according to viewership ratings !!

Looks like CNN and MSNBC actually beat 'em for once !!

We know that Fox has been "De-Conservativizing" themselves lately and they've been mired in some controversies that have removed some popular hosts and shows.

Apparently it's MSNBC's Rachel Maddow and CNN's Anderson Cooper leading the "Charge" of new popularity !!

So, is it Conservatives disgusted with the Fox moves ?

Or is it more "Liberals" watching CNN and MSNBC because of all the Trump controversies ?

Or is it both Conservatives and Liberals watching CNN and MSNBC for the wild sensationalism ?

Cable News Ratings Upheaval: Maddow and Cooper Dominate, Fox Slips With Rare Week at No. 3

A week filled with developments from the Trump administration has MSNBC leading primetime and CNN boasting total-day demo victories.

There hasn't been a horse race like this in cable news in quite some time ... if ever.

A week of humbling headlines for the embattled Trump administration proved to be ratings paydirt for CNN and MSNBC, each of which scored significant victories in different dayparts. Simultaneously, Fox News Channel posted its first five-day streak at No. 3 in primetime since 2000.

Both CNN and MSNBC nabbed big wins among adults 25-54, with CNN winning total day in the key demo for the workweek and MSNBC scoring in primetime. Though it was a tight race between 8 and 11 p.m. throughout the week, FNC ranked below the other two for the first time in almost 17 years.

Primetime Averages for May 15-19
1. MSNBC: 611,000 adults 25-54; 2.44 million viewers
2. CNN: 589,000 adults 25-54; 1.65 million viewers
3. FNC: 497,000 adults 25-54; 2.41 million viewers

*NOTE*: _ Keep in Mind, the Big3 Broadcast Networks Have a far higher viewership than all of Cable News

edit on May-22-2017 by xuenchen because: cabledout

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
Its a combination of the things you say.

First, Fox, despite there reputation as being pro Trump, is actually more pro estblishment Republican (though they undoubtedbly have pro trump people). The getting rid of O Reilly combined with much of their coverage having a sort of pro republican establishment anti trump spin has upset much of their base.

Liberals hate Trump, and can't get enough of negative coverage of him. This drives them to MSNBC CNN etc.

There is a third group that just hates the people in charrge and is sort of nonpartisan. These groups will shift depending on which party is in power. If dems are in power, they will watch the coverage that is anti dem, aka FOX. Now that repubs are in power, they have swung the opposite way.

The best news is that more people in total are switching off the MSM because they know it is garbage on all sides.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I'll give it a both.

The liberals I know well, really never watched the news until the past six months. Now they are fixated on it.
Contrary, most of the conservatives I know have stopped watching the news on television and go to other sources.

Odd, but that is my observation here in the south USA

Personally, I read much, much more than any television news now. Even the radio shows I listened to once have polarized into extremes. If I want to watch or listen to an interview, I'll catch it no matter the station affiliations.

mg

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
There is also the possibility that the T.V. ratings are as fake as the pre election polls that gave Hillary the win.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
There is also the possibility that the T.V. ratings are as fake as the pre election polls that gave Hillary the win.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

True!! ... but ... Fox News has tanked.

To not admit that is to deny reality.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
With all of the craziness of this political coverage, I have increased my personal consumption of news and expanded my sources to include news channels that I have rarely watched in the past.

edit on 23-5-2017 by abago71 because: I didn't mean to click on reply.

edit on 23-5-2017 by abago71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Maybe it's possible that liberals are tired of not having anything to fall back on when someone questions their narrative.
They've been screaming accusations for months and they can't seem to find proof for, so they stay glued to any anti trump outlet waiting for the proverbial bomb to drop, but it never does.
The MSM and newspapers keep claiming it will, but it NEVER DOES.

This keeps them glued to the TV, Desperately waiting for any small piece of evidence they can scream in a trump supporters face when they get the chance.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
They dropped O'Reilly.
That is what happened.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I`m not trying to deny it, I`m just bringing up the possibility that none of the news shows were ever as popular as the T.V. ratings claim that they were.
if they can fake election polls they can fake T.V. ratings

personally I don`t know anyone who actually watches the news so it makes me wonder if maybe the T.V. ratings are fake.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
How is this even surprising fox fired everyone. Does anyone even still work there?? You can't fire everyone and expect to maintain ratings it's going to take a while to build up viewers again.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

I`m not trying to deny it, I`m just bringing up the possibility that none of the news shows were ever as popular as the T.V. ratings claim that they were.
if they can fake election polls they can fake T.V. ratings

personally I don`t know anyone who actually watches the news so it makes me wonder if maybe the T.V. ratings are fake.

Look at the total numbers and think about the US population. Only a small percentage watch the news.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have to admit that the new show line-up is not that great.

I used to watch The Five sometimes after work. Now they are on too late.
The people on the new program at 5 are... annoying.

I like Tucker and Hannity.
The other programs seem to go out of their way to be boring.

Fox blew it removing O'Reilly and changing the line-up.

However... CNN and msnbc are still much, much worse.

edit on 5/23/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

top topics

join