It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seth Rich, Craig Murray and the Sinister Stewards of the National Security State

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: alphabetaone

If journalists were held to standard you expoused then "Muh Russia" would certainly be in jeapordy.

Also journalists would be reporting facts of Piss poor police work, missing cam footage etc. that makes Seths case different from garden variety crimes that get actual investigation.

Seems double standard to me.

Super post.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Why is it a “conspiracy theory” to think that a disgruntled Democratic National Committee staffer gave WikiLeaks the DNC emails, but not a conspiracy theory to think the emails were provided by Russia?

Why?

Which is the more likely scenario: That a frustrated employee leaked damaging emails to embarrass his bosses or a that foreign government hacked DNC computers for some still-unknown reason?

That’s a no-brainer, isn’t it?

Former-DNC employee, Seth Rich, not only had access to the emails, but also a motive. He was pissed about the way the Clinton crowd was “sandbagging” Bernie Sanders. In contrast, there’s neither evidence nor motive connecting Russia to the emails. On top of that, WikiLeaks founder, Julien Assange (a man of impeccable integrity) has repeatedly denied that Russia gave him the emails which suggests the government investigation is completely misdirected. The logical course of action, would be to pursue the leads that are most likely to bear fruit, not those that originate from one’s own political bias. But, of course, logic has nothing to do with the current investigation, it’s all about politics and geopolitics.

We don’t know who killed Seth Rich and we’re not going to speculate on the matter here. But we find it very strange that neither the media nor the FBI have pursued leads in the case that challenge the prevailing narrative on the Russia hacking issue. Why is that? Why is the media so eager to blame Russia when Rich looks like the much more probable suspect?

And why have the mainstream news organizations put so much energy into discrediting the latest Fox News report, when– for the last 10 months– they’ve showed absolutely zero interest in Rich’s death at all?

According to Fox News:

“The Democratic National Committee staffer who was gunned down on July 10 on a Washington, D.C., street just steps from his home had leaked thousands of internal emails to WikiLeaks, law enforcement sources told Fox News.

A federal investigator who reviewed an FBI forensic report detailing the contents of DNC staffer Seth Rich’s computer generated within 96 hours after his murder, said Rich made contact with WikiLeaks through Gavin MacFadyen, a now-deceased American investigative reporter, documentary filmmaker, and director of WikiLeaks who was living in London at the time….

Rod Wheeler, a retired Washington homicide detective and Fox News contributor investigating the case on behalf of the Rich family, made the WikiLeaks claim, which was corroborated by a federal investigator who spoke to Fox News….

“I have seen and read the emails between Seth Rich and Wikileaks,” the federal investigator told Fox News, confirming the MacFadyen connection. He said the emails are in possession of the FBI, while the stalled case is in the hands of the Washington Police Department.” (“Family of slain DNC staffer Seth Rich blasts detective over report of WikiLeaks link”, Fox News)

Okay, so where’s the computer? Who’s got Rich’s computer? Let’s do the forensic work and get on with it.

But the Washington Post and the other bogus news organizations aren’t interested in such matters because it doesn’t fit with their political agenda. They’d rather take pot-shots at Fox for running an article that doesn’t square with their goofy Russia hacking story. This is a statement on the abysmal condition of journalism today. Headline news has become the province of perception mandarins who use the venue to shape information to their own malign specifications, and any facts that conflict with their dubious storyline, are savagely attacked and discredited. Journalists are no longer investigators that keep the public informed, but paid assassins who liquidate views that veer from the party-line.

www.unz.com...
My roommate pushed back on me about this last night. He knows two people that knew seth rich, one that worked at the DNC. They basically said it is unlikely that he had a position that would give him access to the material leaked.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

If journalists were held to standard you expoused then "Muh Russia" would certainly be in jeapordy.

The above isn't even a thing...wtf is "muh Russia" supposed to be? Enough cryptic hyperbole, seriously. They do hold themselves to that standard, except when you've got a small majority yelling loud enough about "FAKE NEWS" then the more gullible tend to simply believe it sight unseen. I guess you're one of them.

Also journalists would be reporting facts of Piss poor police work, missing cam footage etc. that makes Seths case different from garden variety crimes that get actual investigation.

Who, exactly, are you to judge properly executed police investigations from "piss poor"? unless you hold a degree in crime scene investigation and evidence collection, I would certainly take their word over yours in that regard.

Seems double standard to me.

No, seems like a poorly informed and complicit public reaping the benefits of the ignorance they've embraced.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Acting ignorant about "Muh Russia" reporting standards demonstrates a special kind of ignorance sometimes referred to as obfuscation of one's own facts to suit a predestined outcome.

The facts or glaring lack thereof requires no degree in criminal justice for anyone to question the efficacy of investigation or lack thereof.

Claiming journalists "know better" obviously shows you missed post about how "hard drinking and stupid" journalists are compared to general public - if that's who you rely upon then I have to hold an even lower opinion.

The last Para screams DNC propagandist claptrap or more likely RR rad rule of attack messenger.

The hero, Obama time after time wrongly opined on criminal cases that later were to show public was smarter than he and journalists put together.

So what is vaunted journalistic reason according to left "nothing to see here, move along" isn't that what they said when Wasserman denied favoritism or when Donna B said didn't pass debate questions - yet you implicitly trust in them when it suits.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
You guys dont get it...even if Rich was the source of leak...he was obviously payed off by the Russians...who wanted Trump.

There...narrative remains.
Proof please

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenixyet you implicitly trust in them when it suits.

No. I trust in them when what they are saying makes sense versus hyperbolic drivel. I evaluate what is reported and use critical thinking to discern. Apparently it seems you may believe that because even if a "FAKE NEWS" source reports that they see a duck, when in fact they HAVE seen a duck, that it shouldn't be trusted simply because of your belief about them.

That's far more scary than any conspiracy theory....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well if you like the minority position of believing reporting, crime investigation, organizations involved and rewards offered add up to drivel - that's your problem.

Like A1, covers up bad taste,

Back in the day before refrigeration the taste of bad steak was covered up with A1 sauce.

I have refrigerator and buy fresh steak so no longer need A1 sauce but some people's habits die hard and they still ruin good steak with A1.

You desire to cover up Seth Rich's case is as A1 covers smell of bad steak.

Bad steak at DNC, always with an aftertaste of media collusion.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well if you like the minority position of believing reporting, crime investigation, organizations involved and rewards offered add up to drivel - that's your problem.

Well, herein lies the problem. I'm not in the minority, I'm only in the minority here at ATS....which in my estimation should be exactly the opposite. I never thought I would see the day where the people and neighbors and other states people and neighbors, actually make more sense than (what used to be) the great minds at ATS.

Like A1, covers up bad taste,

Back in the day before refrigeration the taste of bad steak was covered up with A1 sauce.

I have refrigerator and buy fresh steak so no longer need A1 sauce but some people's habits die hard and they still ruin good steak with A1.

Trying to ignore the theatrics, but it's really difficult.

You desire to cover up Seth Rich's case is as A1 covers smell of bad steak.

Bad steak at DNC, always with an aftertaste of media collusion.

I have no desire to cover up a damn thing, and I resent you making that proclamation as it's abjectly false. But simply because I see the Seth Rich case precisely for what it is, does not mean I'm willing to falsely claim that there is anything more there than meets the eye just to satisfy a political leaning, which I have none.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

DNC leaks could have been an inside job, and anyone thats looked at the story knows that.

CrowdStrike CEO: No Way to Definitively Prove Russia’s Involvement in DNC Hack BRENDAN BORDELON | AUGUST 16, 2016 | 02:01 PM

The head of the cybersecurity firm leading an in-depth probe into the hack of the Democratic National Committee said his company is confident the Russian government was involved in the cyberattack, but that it’s impossible to be certain.

“We talk about having high confidence, but there’s no absolute in cybersecurity,” CrowdStrike Chief Executive George Kurtz said in an interview Monday on Bloomberg TV. Kurtz said his firm’s report speaks for itself, “and people can read into that whatever they like.”

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Since you have no political leanings
and just simply believe Seth Rich's murder was just an innocent street crime then maybe you can explain Media Matters interest or DNC interest.

Maybe you can explain why you have such an interest in holding an official line of reasoning that's chock for of holes big enough to drive truck through.

All I see from your point of view is,

My hang abouts share opinion
Media says, therefor true
Police say, therefor true
La, la, la, la kumbaya, therefor true.
Not political, but accuses others, therefor true.

My view is fitting this boards seeking of truth over ignorance by questioning the mobilization of powerful interests surrounding Seth Rich murder and issues hidden or in sight that action denotes.

Whether or not the outcome of information the public or ATS members finds in regards to Seths murder is detrimental to politicians agendas is irrelevant if not involved, but if they are then my fellow ATS members and country will be well served by people who care take the time.

Your version seems to say "embrace ignorance" and seems very politically motivated even when carefully couched in concern as it were.

No A1 sauce for me, no thanks!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: abago71

For example, Kurt Cobain and Henry Rollins were on Unsolved Mysteries.

Wait what? When did Henry Rollins die?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Since you have no political leanings
and just simply believe Seth Rich's murder was just an innocent street crime then maybe you can explain Media Matters interest or DNC interest.

It could be simply to jump on the bandwagon to make a political statement? Is there only one option?

Maybe you can explain why you have such an interest in holding an official line of reasoning that's chock for of holes big enough to drive truck through.

Oh, I don't. It just seems to me that the official account makes a little more sense than a nobody DNC staffer who VERY LIKELY could not have had access to information that anyone would care enough about to kill him for was the target of an entire party-line assassination.

All I see from your point of view is,

My hang abouts share opinion
Media says, therefor true
Police say, therefor true
La, la, la, la kumbaya, therefor true.
Not political, but accuses others, therefor true.

See above please.

My view is fitting this boards seeking of truth over ignorance by questioning the mobilization of powerful interests surrounding Seth Rich murder and issues hidden or in sight that action denotes.

Well, that's my problem with what you've been saying....its not that I don't believe that powerful interests have been mobilized, but in your perception of what that means. Just because you believe it means what you think it does, may or may not be a reflection of the reality. I simply don't think youre accounting for all possible scenarios.

Whether or not the outcome of information the public or ATS members finds in regards to Seths murder is detrimental to politicians agendas is irrelevant if not involved, but if they are then my fellow ATS members and country will be well served by people who care take the time.

I agree. With all of this.

Your version seems to say "embrace ignorance" and seems very politically motivated even when carefully couched in concern as it were.

I can say precisely the same about you and your motives as you only seem willing to believe one-side of it. Unlike your position though, I am open to all possibilities and not just one or the other. Right now the official account seems to make the most sense...BUT if something comes along to change that, then I will change how I feel.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
a reply to: abago71

For example, Kurt Cobain and Henry Rollins were on Unsolved Mysteries.

Wait what? When did Henry Rollins die?

Sorry, Henry didn't die. His room mate was murdered in front of him. They featured him on the show.

I repeat.
HENRY ROLLINS is alive. I misspoke in my OP and the window has closed on editing it.
Sorry for the confusion. (It was the Mandela effect)

edit on 26-5-2017 by abago71 because: Added 3 lines at the bottom.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Could have been. I agree....could have been. It could have been Hillary herself, or Obama, or Wassermans golf caddy.......it could also be exactly what was reported.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

See, we got somewhere.

I'm also open minded enough to entertain all possible outcomes.

Things I find not fitting,

I've heard DC police have bodycams, where's footage and audio.

I've heard DC is wired with street and security cams, but crickets.

Early reports were Rich died at scene or implied so, months later it's learned he was alive and talking.

Hospital Rich sent to is mystery.

Where's ballistics - were any done?

Autopsy is normal procedure on murders, seen that?

Why DNC handler for family

Why Donna B bird dogging Williams

Why Media Matters orchestrated boycott of Hannity advertisers for what amounts to jack on reporting.

Lots other interesting issues others may ad but there is enough anomaly here to peek interest given that WikiLeaks offered reward and rumor abounds Seth was one of if not source of DNC leaks.

Unproven as of yet but ramifications make the subject one of national interest.

Now were some low life show up and confess, given ramifications I'd still want to see public disclosure of cameras, ballistic evidence, audio and so forth as a matter of course and public confidence in outcome.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix
This is from the lawyer that attended the press conference the parents had last fall.

Trying to spin this around to be Trumps fault??tweet

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Shaun Lucas should be an imperative aspect to this case... Why is his name not mentioned in the OP?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I mean, I'm a tax-paying citizen, and I should have 100%, full access to the evidence, and all files and crime scene material on this.

I'm a concerned citizen, and should be allowed to know anything about this case that I want. Even though I don't live in DC and don't pay taxes in DC, I'm sure some of my stolen tax money is used there to investigate stuff...

And before anyone says it -- even though I don't have any formal training in forensics or law enforcement, I'm pretty sure I (and a bunch of people I know who are also interested in this) can do a better job than, you know, the so-called professionals!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
Shaun Lucas should be an imperative aspect to this case... Why is his name not mentioned in the OP?

Who is that and why are they important? Details would be appreciated.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
I mean, I'm a tax-paying citizen, and I should have 100%, full access to the evidence, and all files and crime scene material on this.

You should? Why?

I'm a concerned citizen, and should be allowed to know anything about this case that I want. Even though I don't live in DC and don't pay taxes in DC, I'm sure some of my stolen tax money is used there to investigate stuff...

You should be? Why should kettu be given special privileges into a personal murder investigation? It's none of your business.

And before anyone says it -- even though I don't have any formal training in forensics or law enforcement, I'm pretty sure I (and a bunch of people I know who are also interested in this) can do a better job than, you know, the so-called professionals!

Well, don't you think that if you have no formal training in forensics or law enforcement or evidence collection, that for you to proclaim that you or anyone else on your equal footing can "do a better job" rings pretty hollow?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join