It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost, the band...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I just discovered this awesome band. I'm still new to their library, but wow...what a find. I stumbled onto them via Spotify and checked them out on YT...which led to me clicking another song and then another song...and you know how it goes.

The only thing I'm not into with the band is the dark imagery, however, every band has it's own schtick...
Ghost: wiki entry.

Hope you guys like them...nice rocking, tight band with a mysterious edge.

The song that started my spiral

the second click.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think they are a cool band. But I can't get overly into them slightly too operatic for me..

I think their dark image is the best part about them, super tongue and cheek but somehow more convincing than most..

I also like how the Ghouls (name of the musicians with masks) stay fairly anonymous and have changed over the years without alnowledgement.. there are rumors that Dave Grohl has filled in as the drummer Ghoul..

Downside to that is rumors that the boss man does not pay them fairly...

Anywho I think their love show at an indoor venue would be a riot.

a reply to: kelbtalfenek

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Heard them a couple of years ago on a local rock station although this is all I've heard of theirs.

I think it's a hauntingly good song.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I will be seeing Ghost in August, during my yearly pilgrimage to Bloodstock Open Air, a heavy metal festival for the fans, by the fans. This annual event is the highlight of my calendar, and my only time off during the year. Spread over four to three days (depending on how many bands wish to sign on during a given year) it is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of festival living for Metalheads in my country.

Ghost will be headlining the second day of the festival, something to which I and my brethren are very much looking forward to. I appreciate the style of Ghost, the old school manner in which their riffs are arranged and the way the band leader delivers the vocals, although they are not my usual cup of tea. The tunes are catchy, but also deeply dark and ominous, and that will create an awesome atmosphere for my fellow Bloodstockers to bathe in.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I like it! Very nice. It's like soft rock.
edit on 22-5-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I have seen them live several times in small venues, and I may say with certainty that they are far heavier than they sound on the albums. Also, the Satanism stuff is tongue in cheek. They are one of my top five favorite bands. Welcome to the Clergy!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Pretty standard pentatonic minor metal progressions and riffs but... love the keys, lyrics, big harmonies and stage presence.

edit on 22-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still riding the wave of this find and I am enjoying hearing real ROCK music, very similar to the stuff I grew up with in the 80's. It's kind of like listening to Venom meets Maiden meets Priest...But a bit more sophisticated in the production.

Thanks for letting me share it with you all.

posted on May, 22 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

This whole album..just....marvelous. The theater, the music, the lyrics. Just beautiful.

top topics

join