It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ICE Has Arrested Over 41,000 People Since Trump's Executive Order!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
According to information on the Department of Homeland Security's website, between Jan. 22 and April 29, 2017, there have been many "undocumented" people arrested:

In the 100 days since President Donald J. Trump signed Executive Orders (EOs) regarding immigration enforcement priorities, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has arrested more than 41,000 individuals who are either known or suspected of being in the country illegally. This reflects an increase of 37.6 percent over the same period in 2016.

Nearly 75 percent of those arrested during this period in 2017 are convicted criminals, with offenses ranging from homicide and assault to sexual abuse and drug-related charges.

www.ice.gov...

75%!! ICE has been averaging 400 arrests per day and last week ICE’s Homeland Security Investigations announced they had arrested 1,095 confirmed gang members and associates. It would also appear that Mexican migrants are thinking twice before crossing illegally into the US.

Fear of Trump Makes Migrants Disappear From Mexican Border Their border-town shelter used to be full of migrants on their way to the United States. Now it stands nearly empty, thanks to America’s president.

the symbolism of Trump in the Oval Office and the threat of extended detention has already deterred many migrants.

www.thedailybeast.com...

Illegal border crossings have dropped significantly too:

A new report shows that the number of illegal immigrants caught crossing the border has dropped by a stunning 93 percent since December. According to new numbers provided by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), around 16,000 people were apprehended illegally crossing the border in December, but only a little more than 1,100 were caught in March.

www.wnd.com...

I'm NOT a big Trump fan, but I do believe that his Executive Orders regarding immigration will make America safer. I doubt anyone would want illegally documented gang members, criminals and sex offenders moving into their neighborhoods. Oops, I guess my viewpoint differs from this March article from The New York Times. Time to get a tissue out in case I tear up.....

To hear many liberals and immigrant advocates tell it, most undocumented immigrants are productive, law-abiding members of society, deeply rooted in communities all over the country, working hard, living quietly, paying taxes and raising families.

Only a tiny fraction has been convicted of felonies or serious misdemeanors. Of course, as the Trump administration has emphasized, merely being here without authorization is a violation of the law. Even the wording of the issue is revealing: conservatives favor the term "illegal immigrants," which hardliners often truncate to "illegals"; immigrant advocates prefer "undocumented immigrants," a phrasing that they say prods the conversation back toward the humans in question, but that also has a whiff of euphemism. "Unauthorized" often shows up as a neutral alternative.

www.nytimes.com...

Well, I happen to approve of stopping the "tiny fraction" of illegal felons and gang members from crossing our border. Why does the author of this article make a big deal regarding "the wording of the issue?" News flash...when you break the law, you have done something ILLEGAL. I guess I'm a "hardliner" then for calling these people "illegals."

Definition of illegal : not according to or authorized by law : unlawful, illicit; also : not sanctioned by official rules (as of a game)

www.merriam-webster.com...

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
"But muh low expectations!"

I guess Australia is allowed to have tougher Immigration and border enforcement laws because they're an Island?.

Either way, I'm glad to see action.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yeah cage yourself, then do some inbreed, some generations later you all look like Prince Charles(inclusive the Dumbo ears), in adittion with red hairs...

I bet the original owners of the so called USA and Australia wish they had acted like the actual wannabe Nazis when the illegal immigrants from europe stole their land!

But please, build your walls and cage yourself, build a roof and we have the worlds greatest madhouse...

+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Yeah cage yourself, then do some inbreed, some generations later you all look like Prince Charles(inclusive the Dumbo ears), in adittion with red hairs...

I bet the original owners of the so called USA and Australia wish they had acted like the actual wannabe Nazis when the illegal immigrants from europe stole their land!

But please, build your walls and cage yourself, build a roof and we have the worlds greatest madhouse...

Don't force your Hitler guilt on others.

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

You are so 1700s...

Today the US still has big immigration. I have a sister in-law that been on the approved list for 12 years, that is how it works...lots of people wanting to come here. You want to remove borders, great! well as long as the other 180 countries want to do the same...can you name one? I would bet there are about 4 billion that would love to come here, are you willing to support some?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Yep, because defending and enforcing your countries immigration laws makes everybody and inbred racist.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter
You mean like Germany?I read in the news things are really great there lol,pot calling kettle black

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Australia is a continent but thats okay you werent asking for a geography lesson which is fine because I dont want to give you one even if you asked but its a continent not an island your welcome.

Only 41000? Lets see if they can make it 42000!!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Nice. Immigration has gotten way out of hand, illegal or legal.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:12 AM
link   
we gotta hope the next president does the same or at least enforce the laws set in place.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Alrighty, Russians cmon in and complete the take over for Trump. I like Mexicans better.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
we gotta hope the next president does the same or at least enforce the laws set in place.

Thats exactly what I was thinking too.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
delete
edit on 18-5-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Australia is a continent but thats okay you werent asking for a geography lesson which is fine because I dont want to give you one even if you asked but its a continent not an island your welcome.

Only 41000? Lets see if they can make it 42000!!

The absolute fail of correcting someone and using the incorrect wording.

You're = You are
your = Possession

It really isn't that hard.

So, you're welcome

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny
The problem here is that the bulk of America doesn't live in border states (including me, although I spend the first half of my life living in semi-Southern California), so they don't notice or see the direct impact that many of the illegal immigrants have on daily lives. In being this way, most/many Americans see these enforcement tactics as heartless and cruel--it's the nature of the out-of-sight-out-of-mind mentality of America.

It's similar with, say, people who live in Phoenix who are so water conscious trying to yell at me, living in lush, green Kentucky, about running the water while I shave. One person's daily problem is another's philosophical/ideological argument.

I applaud the efforts to secure our borders--we need to just keep this up or increase it and forget about an expensive wall.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You say a lot of things that are ignorant or tough to decipher, but this one somehow manages to do both.

Failure of an argument on so many levels. Sorry your city was bombed into oblivion, but maybe you should blame Hitler.

edit on 18-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You say a lot of things that are ignorant or tough to decipher, but this one somehow manages to do both.

Failure of an argument on so many levels. Sorry your city was bombed into oblivion, but maybe you should blame Hitler.

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: wickd_waze

originally posted by: Shamrock6

U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!! U-S-A!!!

It was the RAF, actually.

*crickets*

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

320 million people in the US. I think inbreeding due to lack of suitable mates isn't a real issue here. Is it a problem where you live?

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
"Undocumented immigrants"

As is some government bean counter will be along any minute with their clipboard to fill out a few papers and everything will be squared away.

I've lived in a community of illegal migrants. A lot of anti-American sentiment. Many pool their resources to undercut American businesses. Others turn to crime to make up lack of day labor gigs.

The status quo is not agreeable to them. The knives will come out, either figuratively or literally.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join