It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University Hires ‘Social Justice Advocates’ -snip- to Police Students

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
So, we have official jobs at a University to enforce leftest blasphemy rules now? When can we drive one sided biased politics out of our education system? Is that too much to ask.

Who died and made these Social Justice jack@sses the thought police? Seriously? And with taxpayer money to boot?

Let me ask you a question, If these schools were hiring The Tea Party Student Association, or the Conservative Free Speech Council, or the Young Republicans to police speech, thought, and actions on campus that complies with THEIR beliefs, would that be OK for the leftests? I bet not.

Get these extreme politics out of our education system.

www.zerohedge.com...

Administrators at the University of Arizona are now accepting applications for “social justice advocates,” whose job it is to snitch on other students accused of bias. They’re also expected to hold educational programs about “the mosaic of diversity, multiculturalism and inclusivity” and maintain “social justice bulletin boards” in student residence halls.

The job, which officially calls (archived link) for the advocates to “report any bias incidents or claims to appropriate Residence Life staff,” pays the student workers $10 an hour. They’re expected to work 15 hours a week, which means they could be making as much as $600 a month to police their fellow students.

The University of Arizona is a public school, and so these positions are funded with taxpayer dollars. At least until the state legislature reads about it.

edit on 13-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 14 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

+19 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
THIS is why I despise these people. "If we can't convince you, we'll force you".
The Left has/will resort to whatever tactics they can, to force people to follow their agenda. What I'd like to know is, what's the penalty for not following the group? Cause we all know you're not supposed to think for yourself or God Forbid!! have your own opinion. Especially if it goes against the SJW line of BS.

I really want to see those on the Left defend this.

+15 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Gestapo.
Pure and Simple.

+31 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

This is what full-retard looks like when viewed from a rational and logical position. To go from an institution of free thought and free speech to a Madrasa because 'feelings'. I should be impressed by this, but I'm not, at all.

+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I hope whoever this person is has their dorm room door papered with giant "PUBLIC SNITCH" signs every. single. day. Then, people should slide post-its with "SNITCH -- KICK ME" on their back and other such harassment.
edit on 13-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The fact that there is a need to force students is a great sign.

These clowns are jack asses and must not have been punched in the nose enough to keep it in their own business.
edit on 13-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Their first application was from a person named Winston Smith from London, Oceania.

“Orthodoxy means not thinking–not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”-- Ministry of Truth

+17 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It would appear the Jugendbund has been reborn.

It won't be long before laws governing speech also become a part of our system beyond the schools. Anyone not in lockstep will eventually be denied an education I'm sure.

History repeats because it's always ignored and I'm sure the inconvenient books containing real history will quietly disappear off the shelves of libraries over time, if many have not already.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

No, no, no, they're not Nazis because they'd never dream of voting Republican!

+6 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The ideology that is removing freedom is unimportant, but I suspect you know that.

The pattern is the same. People will either wake the hell up, or be absorbed and indoctrinated.

+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

The ideology that is removing freedom is unimportant, but I suspect you know that.

The pattern is the same. People will either wake the hell up, or be absorbed and indoctrinated.

Oh, I know. No one taught them how to recognize the signs only who the Nazis are and since they aren't a part of the Nazis ... then they don't have to worry about how Nazis actually behave.

It's part of modern education being based on what to think and not how to think.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Their first application was from a person named Winston Smith from London, Oceania.

“Orthodoxy means not thinking–not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”-- Ministry of Truth

How many fingers am I holding up Winston ?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Perhaps it's one way evolution reduces our numbers by never allowing us to progress beyond tribalism; assuring a constant state of war between ideologies. It does seem to be in our nature to want to force our own idea's on others, instead of learning from each other.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

They are called Zampolit

The political commissar (also politruk from Russian: политрук from политический руководитель, "political officer") is the supervisory political officer responsible for the political education (ideology) and organization, and committed to the civilian control of the military.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I must be the only one that doesn't think this is any where near as bad as it's being made out to be...

Are all conservatives such chicken littles?

The gestapo? Really? Do you need a safe space to rock yourself to sleep in?

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This program is going to get someone hurt.
Snitches get stitches.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh the irony. They try to prevent Trumps 1984 from becoming the reality and they bring it up on themselves. I have no words for this except they are all idiots. These people deserve everything what the sane amercian people have in store for them. How long until they knock on your door and brand you with the letter O for Outsider because you questioned their gender? This is reaching dangerous and borderline mental illness levels. America sit down we have to talk. I lived in a dictaorship and Trump is definitely no longer the problem here. Wake the f#ck up!

+11 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

The comparisons are not saying they are Nazi's or Gestapo as I'm sure you likely understand.

What if it were reversed and those who share your personal ideology were the target of speech regulation? Would you approve of that also? Probably not I'm sure.

The conversation needs to get beyond ideology and people need to wake up the fact that regulating speech leads down a dark path, no matter which ideology is trying to silence another.

It's blindness to that that has and does lead to some of the darkest parts of human history.

+5 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Wow. I went to UofA... It was nothing like this when I went a mere 10+ years ago. This whole culture change, when I step outside my front door anymore, is terrifying..

edit on 13-5-2017 by Redwookieaz because: s&g

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: pteridine

How many fingers am I holding up Winston ?

I thought I'd like the Ministry of Love.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join