It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official Bill Nye the Science guy ruined my Childhood.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
After watching video, I was in very complete shock. When I was in Middle School, Bill Nye made Science fun in this TV Show called Bill Nye the Science guy.

However, after Billy Nye made this video, I will never see him the same way again.

My reaction:

Interestingly this video is so bad that in the comments even some leftists, atheists, and agnostics are agreeing with Christians that Western society is that degenerate

Here are examples of such comments from youtube:

This is the best example of why we shouldn't "throw the baby out with the bathwater" when it comes to religion. Just because we reject the supernatural aspects doesn't mean we reject the sociobiological and cultural aspects. The West is kinda like a lost wandering puppy without a compass in the gaping vacuum left behind with post-Christianity.

I'm converting to Christianity. I don't even believe in god, but I'll make it work somehow

Holy ***** im an Atheist and this **** converted me to Christianity as I've just realized we need a new crusade to purge this cancer from the planet

You want to create more republicans? Because that's how you create more republicans.

I've been a stone cold agnostic atheist for the last ten years but this video had me so #ed up that i got out of bed and went outside at 3 in the morning to stare at the stars and contemplate if I need to start going back to church.

This video led me to looking up all the Orthodox churches in my area. Not even memeing. The degeneracy is that strong.

Here is how the world react to this video:

In reddit, a guy wonder if maybe Radical Islam has a point after watching this video:

Islam does have a point. The idea that Western media is exporting insane sexual mores to Islamic societies via its control on entertainment is factually correct. I fully expect to see Bill Nye referenced in ISIS, MB or al Qaeda literature/video in the very, very near future (they used Miley Cyrus MTV bit where she was eating out a fat woman's ass and that's nowhere near as objectionable as Nye's schtick to a person of conscience). The reason they will is because they don't have to twist anything to make their argument. "Muh Sex junk" is exactly what they will say it is. That Islamic societies' sexual mores are also insane and that the people who are making this point are more violent than Bill Nye could ever be (mostly due to capabilities) doesn't contest the specific point they're making--that the West is intentionally trying to indoctrinate youth in degeneracy. That's what makes # like this effective as a recruiting tool. The salafis don't have to lie or mischaracterize anything. Nye's message is verbatim what they're a few weeks from saying it is. Islam's solution/response is evil, but the grievance, itself, is not BS. Not as long as Netflix/Hollywood is funding ***** like this and holding up people like Nye as some sort of person to be admired

Source: www.reddit.com...
edit on 5/13/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What the eff did you just have me watch ?

So liberal retardation is now "science" ?

Just kill me now, let it end, I want off this planet even more

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well I'm not a Christian but you what, I agree with them that Western society is going downhill after watching this video.

In fact here is another comment from Reddit:

The point is Islam offers a clear alternative the the degenerate western lifestyle being pushed down on us from lefties on high. The more ridiculous it gets, the more attractive Islam becomes to those who are disenchanted with western culture. Our own religions have all either joined forces with the looney left by cherry-picking jesus quotes that are congruent with their libertine lifestyle ("just love everyone man"), or completely waived the flag. [Note, I am not part of any organized religious group, btw]

Conservatives have completely lost the culture wars. Everything since the early 90s has just been delaying actions, putting up minimal resistance, and eventually giving way.

My point is that there is no existing culture or religious structure to counteract cultural Marxism and for many disaffected people, Islam provides an attractive alternative. [By no means am I supporting Islam itself---just noting the reality that it presents a cohesive counter to the current cultural narrative]. Also the same reason why orthodox religion is seeing a resurgence in Russia and why Putin is so popular among many conservatives.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wasn't Bill fully corrupted a long time ago? He was always a performer and spouted what ever the sponsor of his camera time wanted him to say at the time.

What was his college education again? Before all of the meaningless honorary awards.

In other words, Nye's shtick about being a "Science Guy" is based on him being a performer, not someone who has done extensive studying on science.

He is just part of the lies. Selling his soul for fame and money.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
At the end Bill says "that's exactly the right message, Rachel."

Uh. Someone help me out... what was the message?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
He has a BS in Engineering, so he does have a STEM background as far as that goes, but I am not sure he really has much practical experience in a science related field.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

But I never thought I will never see the day where he will be starring in a garbage so bad that it's not only worse than the Kardashian show but causes atheists and agnostics to convert to religion en masse.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

That she does a voice for her vagina and so do the rest of us. Obviously.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I tried to watch but had to stop. It was making me feel ill. It's just gross and i consider myself a tolerant person.

Thanks for posting this. Now i know not to watch Bill Nye "destroys" the world.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

This is by far the most cringe-worthy thing I've seen in a long time.

WTF Bill Nye, I used to like you.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

It is the message of our times. The message that will free us from our eternal suffering. /sarc

The message is PC. The removal of our heritage. The removal of what made us strong and unique as a nation. It is the deliberate tearing down our stable society so ruling over the sheep will be even easier.

It is the removal of our power of association in telling us we need to accept this complete #*(@*& and smile while we eat that #*$& sandwich.

It is the battle.
edit on 13-5-2017 by ClovenSky because: needed a /sarc tag just in case of misunderstanding

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And sadly as some Reddit poster say in another post, Radical Islam is filling that void.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm taking it no one else noticed the part where she says to :

"give someone new a handy, be proud about it"

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Well that made my ears want to migrate to another county, but if you truly want Guantanamo style torture then watch Karl Rove Rap with comedian Colin Moriarty of Who's line is it anyway? fame on the turntables who appears to have broken his funny bone.

Cringeworthy.

edit on 13-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I'm 27 and scared chitless of what I have to go through the rest of my life.

Its already bad, I hate MTV, most of the Dumbasses my age, and most of what society projects.

I'm fuc*ed
edit on 13-5-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Liberty!

What happened to conservatives talking about liberty all the time??

Oh, they were lying.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

And sadly as some Reddit poster say in another post, Radical Islam is filling that void.

I would hate to call it a 'void'. We had a very stable environment for a long time. We had numerous religious and philosophical groups living together in this country that existed together without bloodshed.

I would say this is a very deliberate attempt at creating strife among the populace and not something that just appeared on its own.

There is nothing innocent about this movement. It ties directly into the brainwashing and dumbing down of the sheeple.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Bill Nye the non-science guy.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My eyes! What have you done to my eyes?!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Turns out you can scan a brain.

And there are female and male brains.

A study in 2013, areas of the male and female brain

ARE DIFFERENT.

But Gender is just a feeling, RIGHT CLARENCE THE CLOWNFIsH who can change their gender, therefore so can humans!

The video says star fish can grow arms back, do you wish to cut your arm off?

edit on 13-5-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join