It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Around the year 3500 (A Feditary rebel)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
My dad doesn't know what (Earth One) year it is. He says it's around 3500. We are on Earth 13,218. It's just an illegal micro colony of humans that didn't want to live in the Feditary anymore. They hunt us now. It's illegal to leave. It's illegal to live on a planet because they say people on planets are trapped when the Tripidians show up.

The Tripidians (6 limped creatures) will wipe us out. The Feditary (Federal [Space] Military) says becoming a rebel and living on a planet is illegal and it's a crime punishable by death. How ironic!

I can't explain the rebel lifestyle. We're free until they find us. We live on a planet. We can go outside and breath air. We can see stars without looking through plex (glass). They always find us, though. There is little you can do to conceal a life signature. They know exactly what to look for to detect human activity so it doesn't even matter if we live underground.

It doesn't matter if the Tripidions find us or the Feditary. When you live on a planet, they are both the same. Neither thinks we count and there is nothing we can do to protect ourselves from them.

I see so many tiny lights in the sky. I wish I could see the Milky Way star before I die. My dad says we are so far away from it, you would need an electric interscope (telescope) to see it. I guess our ancestors are from the Milky Way Galaxy star. I think the actual star system was called the Son.

In 3213, Earth One was destroyed. I don't know if I believe the conspiracy theories about the Feditary doing it or not. I think the Tripidions did it but there is no way to know since the planet is gone. My dad says the whole Son star system might be gone.

I wonder what life was like on Earth One in the year 3500 or 3000. I bet it really sucked to get sick back then. My dad says they didn't even have biocomputers (computers that are partly organic) in 3000. How did they even survive back then? L! (Laugh!)

One of my friends showed me something called pepper (paper). It wasn't on plex. Pepper is really easy to break. He said they typed words by hand 1,500 years ago. That's cold. (That must have sucked.) That would have been around the year 2000. Oh my stars! Those poor people. It must have been terrible to be alive before the age of bio computers. I heard if you got sick back then, you just died and nobody cared. Not even your relatives!

I guess they wrote with something called salt (pen/pencil). That's what my friend says. My dad says the real words are probably all wrong but the meanings are right. Allot of archives were lost when Earth One was destroyed. They didn't trust the Feditary with any of their historical drives, I guess. That was a cold (dumb) move because now that information is gone forever.

My dad says we will probably die in a year or two because either the Tripidions or the Feditary will find us. I hope I live longer. He says I should enjoy it here as much as I can because nobody in the Feditary gets to see this.

I like it here but I don't want to die before I'm 200 and I guess I won't even make it to 20. It's not complete (it's not fair).

My teacher says Tripidions have three sexes and they have to get together at the same time to make an egg. IO! (Information Overload!) I don't understand how that would even work. I hate aliens. L! I'm an alien on 13,218.

I hope they don't find us. It's not fair that I can't live past 20 but just about everybody in the Feditary will live to be 200 years old. I hope they don't find us here.

I can't think of anything else to put on my plex. Turn off.

edit on 5/11/2017 by Genfinity because: (make story more consistent)

edit on 5/11/2017 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Just wanted to let you know I really enjoyed this! Is it just a oneshot or part of a work?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Thanks for the reply. It's part of a slow moving greater work. Problem is I work about 60-65 hours a week with a long commute so when I do get time off, much of it is spent keeping up the house.

Still, I keep poking away at it.

It seems like all aliens have two arms and two legs so I wanted to create something both terrifying and bizarre. Tripidions out perform humans on just about every level. Just like in "The Matrix", the best defense is to run and even then, you have to run in large numbers because most won't escape.

Tripidions don't hunt humans out of necessity. They seem to kill us for the sport and/or entertainment value it provides to them. We may as well be their ant or their roach or fly. They have no regard for us.

Tripidions have three eyes spaced evenly across their egg shaped head. Each eye operates independent of the others and each is equipped with a biological telephoto lens. Each eye has three eye lids that work together that filters. Nothing is more freaky then watching those eyelids open and close over those eyes when they are in telephoto mode.

They also have three ears that can hear above and below the human audio spectrum. They can turn their ears off much the way we close our eyes.

Each ear works independent of the others. Tripidions can actually listen to three conversations at the same time and understand every word spoken by each of the three entities.

Tripidions breath, speak and eat out of three different orifices. So a Tripidion never has to take a breath when talking. Everyone knows that one person the never shuts up. That would be nothing compared to a Tripidion.

Tripidions grow to be about 9-12 feet tall because they aren't menacing enough already.

Tripidions have three sexes and they mate by sharing spores that ooze out of the top of their egg shaped heads. It's enough to make a voyeur or peeping tom want to walk away.

Add to it that their technology is vastly superior to ours and you realize the peril humanity is in.

While the Feditary is kind of a dark organization with questionable morality, they are kind of forced into a corner by the Tripidions.

Still, there is that small sect of people that want to escape the Feditary and live in peace. The Feditary needs every soul on every ship and the Tripidions want every human dead.

Before Earth One was destroyed, you had these three human groups trying to survive a Tripidion attack. And none of them are successful in surviving.

Is there nothing humanity can do? The one thing we do have is hope; hope that we will survive just long enough to come across a break through that will at least even the inter-galactic playing field in some way. Some day. Maybe.

It's tough to describe the Feditary. Think of Star Wars were "The Empire" runs the top of the organization and people like Luke Skywalker and Hans Solo are near the bottom, fighting to stay alive and trying to make sense out of something so hopeless. The hope is that there is enough space between "Darth Vader" and "Luke Skywalker" that the two will most likely never cross paths.

The Feditary doesn't have a mysterious "Force" but they do have amazing technology compared to what we have in the 21st century.

So I guess it's a combination of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactic combined with all the running in near hopeless fighting in The Matrix. It's not anything like any of those but I suppose that's the best comparison.

Think of it as being a decent German living in Germany during WWII. You want to win the war and you want to survive but you really don't like killing anyone that isn't like you. You have to in order to stay out of trouble and protect your family but secretly, you hate doing it. It's complicated like that. Now you understand why some people illegally leave the Feditary despite the doom and peril doing so will bring.

Despite all the coming technology, the 36th century is nothing to look forward to. When every choice you have is a terrible one, what do you do?

I think the strangest thing about the Tripidions is the fact that they don't have a defined front or back like every living thing we are accustomed to does. It's as if biology through the rule book out and created life with a completely different set of rules.

edit on 5/12/2017 by Genfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Genfinity

That's really dope! In thing that always amazes me is the depth that people get into when they write. Did this just randomly come to you one day and you started writing it?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

More or less, yes. It's an accumulation of ideas developed over a lifetime. I have developed over 50 spaceships for the Feditary and probably close to 100 different ranks from the lowest position to the highest.

I have about 25 pages of skeleton to build the rest of the body off of. Very few people will ever see those 25 pages because they are the key to the entire book.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I went to the dermatologist to get a look at my feditary gland cause it's got a case of tripidion

I like the story a lot
edit on 12-5-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Oh. So this is more than just any old story then this is your legacy. Kinda like me with Fires of Inspiration though I've only just begun it.

So the way I write is stream of consciousness and it's mind boggling to hear how you work on the story, without actually working in the story if that makes sense. Developing the world, so you can write more of the story.

One if this biggest things of writing encouragment I've heard is that, "the assumption is that if you had a long enough block of time you could write a book. But writing is best when it is spaced around life, rather than the opposite" I bungled it but that's the gist.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Very good piece of science fiction here! I had left a flag and star when I first read it, but wanted to comment. I would enjoy seeing the development of this story.

new topics

top topics

join