It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lying to VPOTUS as NSA should be a crime?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am a Trump supporter, however, Flynn, if while he was the NSA, lied to POTUS or VPOTUS, in my mind he committed a horrendous criminal act. As NSA and while in the act informing the VPOTUS or POTUS you are pretty much under oath at all times. In fact it is probably a traitorous act?

Am I wrong?

He should be in jail just for the act of misleading the POTUS/VPOTUS while being National Security Advisor?
edit on 8-5-2017 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
I am a Trump supporter, however, Flynn, if while he was the NSA, lied to POTUS or VPOTUS, in my mind he committed a horrendous criminal act. As NSA and while in the act informing the VPOTUS or POTUS you are pretty much under oath at all times. In fact it is probably a traitorous act?

Am I wrong?

He should be in jail just for the act of misleading the POTUS/VPOTUS while being National Security Advisor?

Perhaps your right. At the least, he personae non grata in a gov't role and reputation-wise, which is sufficient for me, for now.

Personally, I'm a bit tired of all the attention given these people, right through to Hillary and Obama. For that matter anyone who is currently not relevant in progress towards Trump's agenda for the nation.

Perhaps later. Now? We have a Republican party that is NOT acknowledging Trump's leadership and via the budget and lack of outright support in the ACA reform/cancellation is a far bigger issue which affects the tax cuts and the long term economic recovery of the U.S..

That's who we should be focused on, IMO. Not the small fry or the ancient history previous administration. JMO, though.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Was he even the NSA?

I think lying to the american people as a govt employee should be a firing squad prize.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Why? The VP is useless anyway, no more than a generic ambassador and spectator of the Senate. As an example, Truman didn't even know about the atomic bomb project till he took over when Roosevelt died, they are out of the loop. It's a good thing too for when people like Biden or Gore are benchwarming the seat.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
FLynn wasnt even in long enough to be blackmailed by the russians anyway. SO why the trying to say he gave russians anything now?

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
FLynn wasnt even in long enough to be blackmailed by the russians anyway. SO why the trying to say he gave russians anything now?

I am not concerned about weather he gave Russians anything. The crime is being NSA and Lying to the VPOTUS. Should be a crime for NSA to lie to our leaders.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Lying to all the citizens of this country, and the FBI, like Hillary did, is worse than Flynn lying to a single human being.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Was he even the NSA?

I think lying to the american people as a govt employee should be a firing squad prize.

You've just killed every American president since Eisenhower

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

All of them lie to each other constantly. Its par for the course. If no one was harmed there is no crime.

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I am not concerned about weather he gave Russians anything. The crime is being NSA and Lying to the VPOTUS. Should be a crime for NSA to lie to our leaders.

Like it should be a crime to have a private, unsecure server in your bathroom to store classified materials on?

*sigh*

posted on May, 8 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Not to worry...lots and lots of Trump's supporters here on ATS assured us that there is absolutely no truth to any of the assertions about his people and the Russians. It's all a dirty, dirty trick played by the Democrats.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

To be honest, before we or anybody else starts to throw stones on Flynn, lets start with the biggest liar of them all - Hillary Rodham. Once she is behind the bars and locked for good, then and only then, lets start talking about Flynn and what's been going on - if anything's been going on.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I believe that if the people of a country are daft enough to entrust their security and liberty to a bunch of elitist, corporate shills and billionaire sociopaths, that the least the intelligence services can do, is be honest with the untrustworthy pieces of effluent the people elect.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

To be honest, before we or anybody else starts to throw stones on Flynn, lets start with the biggest liar of them all - Hillary Rodham. Once she is behind the bars and locked for good, then and only then, lets start talking about Flynn and what's been going on - if anything's been going on.

I think Hillary should be in jail, however you should make your own thread. This one is about NSA lying to President and Vice.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Was he even the NSA?

Good idea, but it would cause genocide in Washington.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's my problem with this whole accusation that Flynn discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador:

What constitutes "discussion"? Did he respond to Kislyak's questions with a benign answer such as, "we'll talk about that later when the president takes office. Let's not get too worried just yet".

If that was the sum total of it all, then the screaming from the Dems, including Sally Yates, is ridiculous and my response is, "pffff!, big freakin' deal". That's not a discussion. It's a benign response.

If they went into details, if Flynn made promises, if there was tit-for-tat negotiations to lift the sanctions, then we have a problem. Even then, it's Flynn's problem because he then would have told a humdinger of a lie to the VP.

We need to know what the Dems, including SY, is calling a "discussion".

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I think you will find it depends on what side of the fence you reside. When democrats lie it is said they misspoke.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

It's very likely that Flynn will be seeing jail time after this investigation is over. There may be others, but for now I'd say that Flynn is thoroughly #ed; that is unless the investigators decide to give him immunity for testimony. But that is looking unlikely.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Was he even the NSA?

You've just killed every American president since Washington

Fixed that for you.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Sure...because she's currently in government and Trump is not in a position to cause...problems.
Yah. That's it! That's the ticket!

You guys crack me up!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join