It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tony Bushby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Has anyone else out there read the following 3 books by Tony Bushby?

1) The Bible Fraud
2) The Secret In The Bible
3) The Crucifixion Of Truth

Have read the first 2 and halfway through the latter and they are storming!

Basically, Jesus was real but he:

a) Wasn't born of a virgin
b) Had a twin brother
c) Was not crucified
d) Did not rise from the dead and ascend to the right hand of God.
e) Was a Essene Rabbi and later was initiated into the Egyptian Mysteries and became a British Druidic high-priest.
f) Constantine needed a new religion to unify the Empire and asked Eusebius to collate tales from Jesus and his twin Judas (Thomas), Krishna, Buddha and other ancient dieties.
g) The crucifix logo was only made official by Pope Benedict XIV in 1754.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Tony Bushby started his "crusade" after interveiwing a lot of people that had near death experiances. one old lady had a heart attack, collapsed by her front door and the neighbors saw it and called the ambulance which took her and revived her. While she was "dead" she saw her mohter and father. When she later talked to her preist the preist said that was the devils work and she should not be tempted by it. When talking to Bushby she said she has thought about suicide and wants people to know what the Church teaches is wrong.

Bushky fouces on the supposed twin of Jesus, even tho there are metions of his older brothers. Even refered to differant people Judas iscariot, and doubting tomas as Jesus's twin brothers.

I find it hard to see in Bushby's patchwork a compelling reconstruction of the true origins of Christianity. He appears to ignore the writings of St. Paul the Apostle and other New Testament books besides the Gospels, though perhaps a treatment of this material is planned for a later book. Yet in carrying his two protagonists so far away from Jerusalem and the Near East ("One went to England and one went to India."), it becomes accordingly difficult to see them as "founders" of the earliest churches there.

What Bushby seems to say is that the "Mystery Schools knew about Rabbi Jesus" and that the "Roman Church incorporated into Christian beliefs the 'Krist' concept, which was part of diverse mystery traditions including those of the Essenes, Druids, Greeks and ancient Egyptians." Somehow this led to a lot of virulent disagreement about "true" Christianity that, because of its threat to public order, compelled Constantine to step in and resolve by creating a "state orthodoxy".

as fara s the crusifix logo
The use of the cross as a symbol was condemned by at least one church father of the 3rd century CE because of its Pagan origins. The first appearance of a cross in Christian art is on a Vatican sarcophagus from the mid-5th Century. It was a Greek cross with equal-length arms. Jesus' body was not shown. The first crucifixion scenes didn't appear in Christian art until the 7th century CE. The original cross symbol was in the form of a Tau Cross. It was so named because it looked like the letter "tau", or our letter "T". One author speculates that the Church may have copied the symbol from the Pagan Druids who made crosses in this form to represent the Thau (god). They joined two limbs from oak trees. The Tau cross became associated with St. Philip who was allegedly crucified on such a cross in Phrygia. May Day, a major Druidic seasonal day of celebration, became St. Philip's Day. Later in Christian history, the Tau Cross became the Roman Cross that we are familiar with today.

Besides, it is a symbol and really holds no power in itself

even The star of david wasn't accepted as judaic symbol until after the french revolution

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
are you saying that you believe these books or you believe the bible, or something else ?

of the things you list about Jesus, you believe those or not ?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I don't believe in the New Testemant. Closer inspection shows me it's full of contradictions and fallacies. Reading the Catholic Encyclopedia will confirm that many in the church agree.

Born and raised a happy Catholic I've had no reason to rebel against the teachings but I began asking questions a few years ago and could not get any satisfactory answers. I had a gut feeling I was not seeing the whole picture. Undertaking my own research since then has strengthened that feeling.

During this period I have become less religious and more spiritual and feel a whole lot better for it.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
if you have problems with catholics I can see your confusion on how the bible contradicts its teachings. Ever tried studing Luther's Catechism?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have begun studying Rosicrucian manuscripts and these teachings resonante much more clearly with me. They are logical, intelligent and not contradictory, like most Christian texts.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe, that a person would write these things, however I would also admit in tolerance that each to his own. Could some please tell me though how factually proven did he try to put these across. Did he have good evidence or was it like other anti-semitists writings. While I dont want to buy them in a normal case this might be an interesting concept to work against. I would like to know if the writter is worthy of the time it would take to debunk these books and , I would hope others at ATS would join with me in formulating a discussion Group here at ATS to discuss and dispute those claims. I would like to go at this with the intent of publishing findings so that both sides are heard. I would also ask a mod to prepare a space for such research project and as I dont have the books I would ask that I be given at least one week to prepare.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Link to belowtopsecret thread:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:19 AM
link   
For those interested here's the chapter listing from Crucifixion of Truth:

Chapter 1
The discovery of hidden church scrolls
What the two important scrolls are
Gospel of John unauthentic
Origin of the Book of Revelation
Plagiarism in the New Testament
Conclusion

Chapter 2
Who were the early church fathers
Many gods and goddesses
The nature of the early churchmen
Creating self-importance
Dishonesty in the early church

Chapter 3
Duped by charlatans

Chapter 4
Gods and the church councils
New research material
King Constantine’s bloodline
Reasons for the first religious ‘destitute of foundation’
The two gods of Christianity
Selecting a god
The earliest New testament
The untitled manuscript
The British ‘Roman church’
Church council meetings commence

Chapter 5
The essence of the Christian texts
Gospel authors imposters
Slain saviour-gods
Uncovering the ‘Christian’ cover-up
What did the priest find?
Suppression of the Book of Enoch
The ‘Secret Sermon on the Mountain’

Chapter 6
What virgin?
False verses in Matthew’s Gospel
Earlier virgin births
How Mary became ‘Mother of God’
Suppression of the Black Madonnas

Chapter 7
An ancient document feared by the church

Chapter 8
A glaring omission in the world’s oldest Bible
Disturbing elements at work
The other version of ‘raising of Lazarus’

Chapter 9
Gods on crosses
The dream that passed for history
A statement of truth
Ancient parallels

Chapter 10
Priestly fakeries
Ancient fakes still credited

Chapter 11
Messianic ‘prophesies’ false
The cancelled ‘second coming’
Origin of the concept of ‘messianic prophesy’

Chapter 12
Miracles ‘simply silly stories’
The day the Zombies marched to town
Stilling the tempest
Flying with the Devil
New Testament ‘contains fictions’
Fooling the people
Holy fools

Chapter 13
Cardial Mohammed

Chapter 14
Why the church banned the Bible
Gospels written by ‘idiots’
Enforcing belief
Certifying forged documents
Endpiece

Chapter 15
Papal forgeries
The Pope Sylvester forgeries
The ‘fiery cross’ in heaven
The ‘False Decretals’
The full fruition of forgery
Fake Apostolic Letters and Creeds
Forging historical records

Chapter 16
Empty pretence… Trinity
A forgery within a forgery

Chapter 17
New testament anomalies
Late appearance of the Gospels
Gospels withheld
Removal of reincarnation verses from Gospels
Mythical predecessors
Liber Pontificalis
Peter and false papal information
Words falsely attributed to Jesus
The false nature attributed to Jesus
The false nature of the Acts of the Apostles
Interpolations in the Pauline Epistles
The face-saving procedure
Lost books of the Bible

Chapter 18
The church censors
Christian history not honestly reported

Chapter 19
Apologetics and martyrs
Glorification

Chapter 20
Unknown cities
City of Jerusalem not yet built
Transfiguration a problem
City of Nazareth unknown
Non-existence of Nazareth… another possibility
Golgotha

Chapter 21
False sanctity
Rite of passage
Depravity of churchmen
1500 prostitutes hired for church council
The Pope who disbelieved Christianity
The church’s lowest ebb
The benefit of clergy
Mimicking holiness
The Fatima secret

Chapter 22
The development of enforcement of belief
Throat-cutting in church
Burning opponents
Ecclesiastical murder
The Pope’s waterloo
Shrieks of the innocent dying
‘Forgive us our sins’ (Pope John Paul II)

Chapter 23
Conclusion
Genizah
The forerunner writing of the Gospel of John
The forerunner writing of the Book of revelation

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A research Project is in the works to either prove, or debunk this mans books , membership shall be in the need of 3 team leaders and up to 3 members but no less than one member under each team leader, for more info U2U me , also space has already been arranged with advisor I just need people, so lets give it a go wether or not you support or dont support the views of these books, I want people from both sides it makes the group fair and impartial,.

posted on Apr, 26 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Has anything happened with this yet? Did the group start or was the project abandoned? I found this thread while searching before posting about Tony Bushby and would be interested in what results/conclusions were reached.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I, too, would like to know more about this before I add anything new to my 3 foot tall reading list.

I do find it interesting that anyone would throw down a challenge like "do you believe this or do you believe the bible?" - huh?

I figure I have about 20+ years more of study before I can even begin to form an opinion. To be fair about it, though, I was Southern Baptist for about 18 years so, Protestant Christianity had a more than fair chance to convince me and did not.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the wave of "us vs. them" - people attacking Christians; Christians attacking heretics (been studying the Crusades quite a bit lately so, that part is really scary); religionists/deists vs. pagans vs. atheists, yada vs. woof-woof vs. blah,blah, blah

I didn't come to this forum to persuade or be persuaded. I came here to share in the knowledge from as many sources as possible and to learn about new sources. I enjoy reading all kinds of stuff even if I think it's total bunk - at least I know what the bunk is about. ;-)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta
was it like other anti-semitists writings.

you are trying to equate questioning Jesus as THE GOD..

to antisemitism?

that is one of the most retarded things I have ever read on ATS..

Deny Your Ignorance...

ps..you must be very, very happy...
edit on 2-8-2011 by reeferman because: read "Insanity is Blissful" LMFAO

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Guys guys guys, please...calm down.

Many people online have read this author's blogs and all say he quotes things which actually are deceptions and taken from wrong sources, so as to mislead, and is not doing it accidentally but deliberately to push his agenda.
This guy has also deceived people searching for the 'vatileaks' site, as there actually isn't one, and the scandal which occured where the Pope's butler leaked documents, was nick-named as 'vatileaks' after the 'wikileaks' site, but there is actually no such site.
The leaked documents are about vatican bank corruptions and not about Biblical things or Jesus. But the opportunist and liar this author is, means he actually bought a website and calls it 'vatileaks.com' and so cashes in on people trying to find the 'real business of 'vatileaks' which is actually not an existing website. Instead this author sells his books and disinformation, and directs it not so much at the catholic church, but to christianity as a whole, twisting and fabricating things. He is possibly a shill, or some militant agenda pusher of some kind, but who knows who he is working for ?

I know that if any of what he wrote was true, he'd never have been allowed to live let alone publish anything, and it strikes me abit odd how he can be the only 'scholar' around to actually know it all and uncover everything, when there are so many learned archaeologists, theologians and atheist scholars out there would would truly love to debunk Christianity if they actually could, but cannot.

In anycase, what is more ludicrous is how he twists scripture on his 'vatileaks' site, and I did double check his Bible quotes and what he was accusing and it was nothing of the sort....and anyone can check this, as it doesn't matter what your beliefs are.... the guy can't be that ignorant but must truly be pushing lies for some agenda. At least Dan Brown's fiction was more believable and published as fiction, despite many idiots falling for that as 'true', but what actually is fascinating, is how many gullible people are falling for Tony Bushby's books.

It matters not what you believe, but the claims he makes are just really aimed at trying to make people with faith, lose it, based on his lies, and is cashing in on people's lust for conspiracies and gullible nature.

Check the comments section too, as it is probably a joke, but you never know !
www.petemccormack.com...

thedevineevidence.com...

www.tektonics.org...
edit on 13-2-2013 by 00777 because: extra info

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
yes the guy is fraud alright, a con man, and well he thinks he can fool people dispicably by twisting stuff....

Look at this, he wrote this on his site www.vatileaks.com...'drunkard'/
he claims 'Christ frankly admits that he is ‘a glutton and a drunkard’'

Of course this is nonsense, and if the Church really did corrupt Bible verses as he claims, wouldn't they have censored this one before any others ?! Of course, he only gives a short Bible quote:

Luke 7:34 (NIV)
"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners."

whereas it is taken out of context, as Jesus was basically answering to claims by Pharisees that he was a glutton and drunkard because he would share some food and drink with sinners who he was preaching to, which the jewish hypocrite elders didn't like.

The full quote, showing how Jesus wasn't saying he was a glutton and drunk, but that because he would have a drink and eat some food with those he help, he was falsely accused by hypocrites..

Luke 7:24-35 (NIV)
24 After John’s messengers left, Jesus began to speak to the crowd about John: “What did you go out into the wilderness to see? A reed swayed by the wind? 25 If not, what did you go out to see? A man dressed in fine clothes? No, those who wear expensive clothes and indulge in luxury are in palaces. 26 But what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 27 This is the one about whom it is written:

“‘I will send my messenger ahead of you,
who will prepare your way before you.’[a]
28 I tell you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet the one who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.”

29 (All the people, even the tax collectors, when they heard Jesus’ words, acknowledged that God’s way was right, because they had been baptized by John. 30 But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God’s purpose for themselves, because they had not been baptized by John.)

31 Jesus went on to say, “To what, then, can I compare the people of this generation? What are they like? 32 They are like children sitting in the marketplace and calling out to each other:

“‘We played the pipe for you,
and you did not dance;
we sang a dirge,
and you did not cry.’
33 For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and you say, ‘He has a demon.’ 34 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and you say, ‘Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.’ 35 But wisdom is proved right by all her children.”

That Tony Bushby is a fraud, and also one of his books made a fake quote about Pope Leo, which doesn't exist and was taken from some parody play !!! The guy knows how to trick people, but it doesn't work on us types.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
LOl, since debunking his post about Jesus being a 'drunkard', I noticed he took down that page and replaced it with some erroneous link. Just shows that when people actually stand upto him, he takes his fabrications down.
It's actually laughable anyone believes the rubbish he invents, which has no basis in truth.
he even attacks and slanders the saints, and good popes, and falsifies anything and everything positive about the Church or Christianity. I'd say the guy is a closet Theosophist/Mason, paid to shill and spread disinfo.
I left some posts myself on some of his ludicrous pages debunking the guy, and then found that my account needed to log in, as it uses Facebook for commenting. My account wouldn't log in and then got a message from Facebook saying my account was suspended dude to suspicious behaviour, as it had been phished !

I haven't been able to get my account back as even attempts to reset the password and use my birthday as verification have failed, so someone changed my details to stop me getting my account back. I then saw my previous posts have been deleted. Contacting others about this, i have found similar things have happened to those who have persistently debunked this website, and found their accounts hijacked and comments deleted, or pages taken down...

I don't want to accuse the owner of this website of phishing people's Facebook accounts, but Facebook said I was phished, and i was only on this Vatileaks site when it happened, so I don't know who else could have phished me, or the others Facebook posters who also complained of the same thing. So beware anyone who does comment and debunks the site, that you may be phished and will lose your entire profile... You could try it out with a fake FB account, but you will have wasted your time once you realise your hard work will be deleted and account trashed...

I wish I could have gained control of my former FB account and filed an investigation to see if it was this site for sure, and then have them reported for criminal activity, but I'd need to have managed to gain control of my account, but have not been able to do so, so it is futile.

That's one thing to beware of when using Facebook log-ins on such sites... you run the risk of exposing and pissing off the shillers and getting your account wiped !

top topics

join