It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite knives...CUSTOM...carry rotation...I'll show you mine...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ok, so I haven't really gone into a lot of my past here, but here goes.

I am a fanatical lover of custom knives and have collected for years.

I have slowly but surely narrowed down the knives and makers I really trust to carry and perform when I need them every time.

10+ years in the making here but it is from actual experience that I post this.

These are my EDC's depending on the day.

Top - Brian Goode. Look him up and order a freaking knife now. I can literally take my belt off and strop this to hairpopping sharp in a couple minutes.
Brian Goode

Middle - Mad Dog Knives. CIA asset and child prodigy. Insanely talented kingmaker and known for his 0-1 tool steel and hardchrome treatment and contoured handles. Oh....and also a private contractor for the Navy SEALs....he made their knives.

MadDog Knives

Bottom - Jim Burke. This is the single knifemaket in the world that I would trust my life with a folding knife. This particular one is a Prototype I helped design a deep pocket clip for....it is Stellite with Ti handles and overlay.

Anywho...the are just three of a couple hundred that I own and examples of what I rotate carry EDC.
edit on 5/1/17 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Oh and custom 1911's are my favorite.

C.T. Brian - Chopper....just insane. Check out this guys site for some mind blowing work.

CT Brian

He works with this insane few of talent Louder Than Words crew.

Louder Than Words

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

You might find hundreds, if not thousands more here: Reddit

Scnr, but I think that Knife-collecting is a Special hobby

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Pretty cool knife collection? do you study or train any blade art?

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Hard to go wrong with a 1911. I'm a fan of Kimber, but the old gold cups weren't bad either.
Still working out addictions with10mm and .38 super right now, but maybe soon I'll play with the old girls again.
Props to you for a fine collection. I will be be calling that Brian Goode fellow, as I've been looking for a new skinner. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Either of these ... my EDC knives (today's pocket lint on the top one ... LOL)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oh...both fixed blades are full tang. Mad Dogs grips are actually molded to the tang then contoured on a sander.

Brian Goode makes some of the most well contoured wood handles with pins I have ever held...they literally feel like a part of your hand.

The folder by Jim Burke feels like an extension of the hand as well. This one I have some sentimental value in because I helped design part of it. I used to hang out in Jim's shop a lot and really got to know him. He was an operator in the private security sector and trained a lot of truly scary good mercs and military.

The story is I sweat like a cow and have a high ph content so I rust almost any metal in hours. The only gun I can EDC is a flock because of coating...i have tried SIG, H&K, S&W, etc...

So I had him make this in Stellite....a bit heavier than most bus the edge they take is crazy sharp. We did the handles in sabdblasted Ti and the overlays heat colored in Ti. Then my part came in because I wanted deeper pocket carry so I came up with a bent one piece Ti bolster and voila...super deep carry. This was probably 10 or 12 years ago I think.....

Anywho...I digress...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Pretty cool knife collection? do you study or train any blade art?

I have done a good bit of CQC with edged weapons and some with pistol/edged weapons. Nothing martial arts style though I have kicked around the idea of krav maga a bit...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Nice knives, particularly the top 1.

I've got a couple of This Guys knives. Very pretty, and keeps an edge well.

Also have a Friction Folder from a US based maker called Michael Morris. Lovely little knife. Apparently UK legal Every Day Carry, but wouldn't risk it anyway.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Hard to go wrong with a 1911. I'm a fan of Kimber, but the old gold cups weren't bad either.
Still working out addictions with10mm and .38 super right now, but maybe soon I'll play with the old girls again.
Props to you for a fine collection. I will be be calling that Brian Goode fellow, as I've been looking for a new skinner. Thanks for the heads up.

Ugh...I had a major hang up with 10mm....couldnt get enough for a long time.

Yeah...Brian's skinners are sick....his chef knives and "choppers" are pretty insane as well. And he is a REALLY cool guy too.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Knife is the Pocket Bushman by Cold Steel.

Normally I don't like folders. But this one did a hell of a job on deployment.

I still carry it as a matter of course. But it isn't carried as a weapon. I'm still trying to figure out a decent fixed blade knife that would satisfy both my defensive needs and state legal needs.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Natas0114

Oh...check out the Kimber K6S.....yeah...a Kimber revolver....it is yet another insanely great carry gun.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

I do pekiti tirsia which has a large focus on cqc blade and impact weapons work. Fascinating stuff. I primarily use spyderco enduras. Ive found often smaller is better. That jim burke is nice me envious.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AbdulAlhazred
Nice knives, particularly the top 1.

I've got a couple of This Guys knives. Very pretty, and keeps an edge well.

Also have a Friction Folder from a US based maker called Michael Morris. Lovely little knife. Apparently UK legal Every Day Carry, but wouldn't risk it anyway.

Love me some friction folders! Have a few in my collection.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Knife is the Pocket Bushman by Cold Steel.

Normally I don't like folders. But this one did a hell of a job on deployment.

I still carry it as a matter of course. But it isn't carried as a weapon. I'm still trying to figure out a decent fixed blade knife that would satisfy both my defensive needs and state legal needs.

Ha...EDC check! Nice...I see the guys from Cold Steel every year in June at Blade Show in Atlanta. I wish Shot Show would do an East coast show out here too...

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

I do pekiti tirsia which has a large focus on cqc blade and impact weapons work. Fascinating stuff. I primarily use spyderco enduras. Ive found often smaller is better. That jim burke is nice me envious.

Very Cool! I did do a bit of training with karambits but found the style was not natural for me.

I grew up on Spydercos...some of the best designs I've seen.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

...it is Stellite with Ti handles and overlay.

Stellite is very hard and wear resistant, but it can shatter like glass.
I have a tomahawk forged from a rail spike that sharpens up quick.
I can shave my face with it.
It has cleaned more than a few hogs and deer like a champ.
edit on 2-5-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

...it is Stellite with Ti handles and overlay.

Stellite is very hard and wear resistant, but it can shatter like glass.
I have a tomahawk forged from a rail spike that sharpens up quick.
I can shave my face with it.

Yes it can, but in a situation which I need this knife I have never come across anything that would shatter it. It is 1/4" thick.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Primary

Backup

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

My EDC has since changed. I have the same pistol but with taller night sights for indexing the dot at night faster, and I carry a can of pepper spray.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join