It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The latest Feminist deflection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
The following article appeared on the News.com.au Website this morning (11:21am):
Dendy cancels screenings of The Red Pill

Which was the top story soon after it was released.

As of this evening (5:42pm), the top story is now this:
Miss World Australia finalist Adau Mornyang says she was sexually assaulted at age 17

Is it really just coincidence that a story that came out in the morning reporting how a cinema cancelled the screening of a Men's Rights Activists documentary called 'The Red Pill', after extreme pressure from feminists to not allow the documentary to even be screened in which the cinema owners caved in...on the same day an article urging us that "we must not fear discussing these terrible stories about rape" becomes the featured story? Was News.com.au really intending to publish such a graphic rape story at the start of the day about a crime that has provided so much political capital for the movement in the past just by chance?

I can just see the feminists reading the second article and screaming: "SEE! SEE! We do still need femiism when events like this KEEP happening SO often in even countries like Australia! These Men's Right's Activitists want to take away women's rights and want this rape culture epidemic to continue! We must stop them! Agree or you are a rape apologist!"

Even if you think I am COMPLETELY overreacting and think I am seeing a pattern where non exists, answer me this: what good does such a graphic story achieve besides making the victim mentioned in the story and OTHER victims who read it more traumatised?

Perhaps her chances of being sexually assaulted might have not been so high if she had not got drunk to the point where her vision became blurry and was in no position to fight off her attackers? Oh wait, the point isn't to help future potential victims avoid a similar situation by what was just suggested, what good would that do? Let's just reinforce the idea that "no matter if he is a complete stranger, a close family member or trusted friend, any men near you at any time are potential rapists!"

We are seriously headed for bad times if this gender war is not stopped soon.

edit on 20/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

“The reality of The Red Pill, however, is much more sinister. This documentary is decidedly anti-feminist and anti-woman, focusing not on the ways in which the systemic issues of patriarchy may also adversely affect men, but instead placing the blame on women and feminism specifically for men’s issues.”

Oh dear, logic fail 101.

So Men's Right's Activists are anti-feminist and anti-women because instead of focusing on the ways "in which the systemic issues of patriarchy may also adversely affect men [wait, why would MEN face any issues if they were truly all in power and control and responsible for pushing gender stereotypes?] but instead placing the blame on women and feminism [actually, they SOLELY place the blame on feminism, NOT women] specifically for men’s issues."

This misrepresentation of criticism towards feminism follows a very familiar pattern:

1) Deflect away from the potential merit of the criticism
2) Blame men for their hatred of women
3) Then pretend they should be angry at "the patriarchy" not feminism (after they cannot deny that men's issues do exist)

The only thing missing is the usually present "feminism is about equal rights for everyone" BS.

This really is a glorious example of the core value of feminism being demonstrated in one short statement: "if you do not believe in the patriarchy [which is not discernible by empirical evidence or facts of any kind], then you are anti-feminist. And anti-women. And you don't believe in equal rights. Until you accept that the patriarchy is real, we cannot discuss anything."

edit on 20/4/2017 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

I read everything over and over.

This lass will be the next Miss Australia. Good move.

Kind regards,

bally

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This type of rhetoric makes me ashamed to be female.

S&F

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It is as if the world the past 5 years have gone total bat s# crazy.

To be honest I don't think the internet is good for us human beings.

SJW's, femi-nazi's, gender-fluid, people attacking each other over stupid stuff..

Anyhow, I'll be sitting here and sipping on my drink while I watch the world being stupid.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I haven't seen the documentary, so I can't comment on it - but I would like to say a few words about your disgusting victim-shaming comments.

Let me clue you in on something. It doesn't matter if a woman gets drunk. It doesn't matter if a woman wears skimpy clothes. It doesn't matter if a woman walks down the street completely naked. A man has NO RIGHT to rape a woman. Period.

Same goes for a woman raping a man. The victim is not at fault. The rapist is ALWAYS the ONLY one to blame. ALWAYS.

I'm also a little upset that you think it's a waste of time publishing a story about a woman getting raped. Using your logic, why would we publish stories about victims of any crime at all?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I haven't seen the documentary, so I can't comment on it - but I would like to say a few words about your disgusting victim-shaming comments.

Let me clue you in on something. It doesn't matter if a woman gets drunk. It doesn't matter if a woman wears skimpy clothes. It doesn't matter if a woman walks down the street completely naked. A man has NO RIGHT to rape a woman. Period.

Same goes for a woman raping a man. The victim is not at fault. The rapist is ALWAYS the ONLY one to blame. ALWAYS.

I'm also a little upset that you think it's a waste of time publishing a story about a woman getting raped. Using your logic, why would we publish stories about victims of any crime at all?

And women have no right to pretend to be a "victim"

But they do.

Way more than some would suspect.

Noticed your emphasis on men raping women, and the lack thereof for women that rape men.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueyedevilwoman

But they do.

Noticed your emphasis on men raping women, and the lack thereof for women that rape men.

And men have no right to pretend to be a victim either.

Did you not see my statement that everything I was saying applied to men being raped by women as well?

The victim (male or female) of a rape is not to be blamed. Ever.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I agree that no one should be raping each others.

But they do know that there is a lot of horny stupid guys, so why live on the edge?

You know we are just mere animals, living with animal instincts.

Woman like attention, men like getting woman pregnant so we can pass our genes, its pretty simple eh'.

Also just something to ponder about, rape is one of females most sexual fantasies.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ypperst

Sure. Why not force all women to wear burkas from head to toe so as not to tempt the poor horny men to rape them?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

But they do.

Did you not see my statement that everything I was saying applied to men being raped by women as well?

Yes I did.
I also noticed the emphasis you put on men raping women.

If they are indeed a "victim"

How many times have you heard of a male falsely claiming he was raped by a woman?
edit on 03 23 2017 by blueyedevilwoman because: spelling

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Sure. Why not force all women to wear burkas from head to toe so as not to tempt the poor horny men to rape them?

Thats not what im saying.

Woman for me, are allowed to wear what they want, I dont really care.
I love looking at a woman, thats for sure!

But why the # live on the edge??

"Oh yeah, im going to the cluuub to see if I can get some guys attention. I'll wear this very tiny skirt, high heels, show my stomach, pushing my breats up, getting drunk as #" And then they wonder howcome they get raped when they walk home alone in the dark. Thats pretty stupid to be honest.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

I have a better idea.

Remove the tounge surgically of ANYONE that falsely accuses another person of rape.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   

But they do.

A man has NO RIGHT to rape a woman. Period.

Same goes for a woman raping a man

Remember this?

Your emphasis, not mine.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yes I did.
I also noticed the emphasis you put on men raping women.

Because the OP specifically mentioned an article about a woman being raped by a man.

How many times have you heard of a male falsely claiming he was raped by a woman?

Well, men don't like to admit they have been raped by a woman at all, because it makes them look weak. That's sad, and we should work to change that attitude. But men can falsely claim to be victims of things other than rape.

Are you trying to claim that no woman has ever really been raped?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dark Ghost

It's perplexing to see articles like this. The crazy never ends. People are purposely being taught to behave like idiots, there is no logic to any of it. I think the gender war thing began as a Woman's Rights issue, with good purpose like Voting and equal rights, however, now it's nothing more than a freakish 3 Ring Circus.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
"if you do not believe in the patriarchy [which is not discernible by empirical evidence or facts of any kind], then you are anti-feminist. And anti-women. And you don't believe in equal rights. Until you accept that the patriarchy is real, we cannot discuss anything."

99.99% of CEOs are white males. Woman make 60% the rate of pay as men in the same jobs with the same job experience. I do not have a problem with women trying to pass public policies to address any real grievances.

Woman are the most beautiful thing on the planet. Nothing is more satisfying and fulfilling than being with a woman that wants to be with you. Because of this great power, there are many men who are misogynists. Feminists may have some legitimate grievances. Especially ugly women with bad attitudes. I think we can acknowledge feminist issues exist but it certainly is not clear how to address them.

I've seen countless beautiful 20 year old girls driving much better cars than I drive. Does that mean we need men's movement to address the issue? I don't think so. There's probably many women out there who do not even support feminist issues.

I think the wage issue is legitimate. I think anything we can do to address making wages higher is a good thing. CEOs are sucking up an ever increasing percentage of the GDP. Workers making the median wage continue to be driven into poverty wages. I don't have a problem with government policy designed to increase woman's workers wages. Some kine of passive incentive policy like tax break or just appealing to CEOs to have enlightened self-interests. High wages means more customers. More customers means a CEO's money becomes more valuable. Greed makes money worth more.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You make a great point. I am pretty confident I will not see my half of the $30,000 my first wife took from our checking account when she left me for another man.

My brother-in-law is going through a bitter divorce right now. His wife has taken much more. Plus she beat crap out of him one night. He has lots of pictures of his injuries. He's a powerful man and could have destroyed her physically but he did not. I still can't believe he was able to constrain himself. Anyway, he has it all documented and at some point his soon to be ex-wife will face the music. She also had multiple affairs with other men (and one woman) which he has tons of documentation that she doesn't know he has. Many times she has inappropriately used the children to leverage him for more money or to get what she wants. She really stepped over the line with the children several times. He's going to bury her in the divorce.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ypperst

"Oh yeah, im going to the cluuub to see if I can get some guys attention. I'll wear this very tiny skirt, high heels, show my stomach, pushing my breats up, getting drunk as #" And then they wonder howcome they get raped when they walk home alone in the dark. Thats pretty stupid to be honest.

Just because you go to a club and want guys to admire your beautiful body doesn't mean you want them to rape you against your will.

We should be focusing on how horrible it is that a guy is following a woman home in the dark so he can rape her. Why are you not focusing on that? Why are you focusing on what you think the woman is doing wrong? Why aren't you focusing on what the man is doing wrong?

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Oh I've never claimed that women are all angels. There are plenty of bad women out there.

It goes both ways. My mother had more than one female friend who worked to help their husbands through school and supporting them with their careers and raising their children, only to have the husbands dump them for younger women 20 years later.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join