It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'F-117 Companion' data

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

But the AF rendering was not.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

Because, as stated in another post by someone, what is currently flying is a risk reduction demonstrator. Demonstrators don't always look like the aircraft that is going to become them, as changes are made for various reasons. Their big goal is to make everything work together and reduce the time and cost it will take to get the actual aircraft into service.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I realize that, I am just stating that because the Air Force gives us a rendering it doesn't mean that is what the real aircraft looks like. It might for all I know, but the rendering I would not consider proof.

The X32 and F32 would have been significantly different aircraft would be a good example of what you are saying if anyone was interested.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
What I saw flying over the North West of England certainly looked like the B21 rendering they released.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Flipper35

The rendering is pretty accurate. When coming from the Air Force, it tends to be more accurate than when it comes from the manufacturer. There may be a few changes that are found as they fly it, and need to make a few adjustments, but the basic shape is going to be the same.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

I think it might headed to one of the Scottish bases

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Also, I wasn't disagreeing with what you or he said, just that a rendering is just that. Well, that and the reply button on a comment makes it hard to keep track of which comment you replied to. I should use the quote more often.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic

I think it might headed to one of the Scottish bases
oh this wasn't this year it was either early 2016 or late 2015! Apparently it doesn't have wonky wings like my drawing..

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

It was visiting Scotland since at least late 2014 that I'm aware of.
edit on 1-5-2017 by SpeedFanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeedFanatic

It was visiting Scotland since at least late 2014 that I'm aware of.
Aye Zaph told me about that! My drawing is either in the what's flying in Alaska thread or the Hello B21 one! Don't laugh at my drawing I'm what I call art dyslexic.
edit on 1-5-2017 by Woody510 because: Autocorrect is evil

<< 3  4  5   >>

join