It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 teenage girls from Frisco charged with spray-painting racial slurs on Plano West Senior High

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
You can see the intelligence in their faces...can't you? Simply put, it takes a real ignorant person to say "I feel like white people don't like me" and then go out and do something to prove why they shouldn't. These two just proved a point for all the actual racists out there...and those of us who aren't too.

Excellent way to prove you're not ignorant criminals...by becoming ignorant criminals.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Here is a website for all of you interested in the truth.

FakeHateCrimes.org

It is a "database" of hate crimes committed by people in efforts to spread the lie of the depth of racism, hate, homophobia, Islamophobia, etc. To make it simple...we are at least being lied to at some percentage by criminals who wish to convince they are victims...yet they commit crimes to prove their innocence.

Pitiful.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I respectfully disagree with many of your points. Kids are not getting away scot free today. I'm in the criminal courts all of the time. When I was a kid and you got caught with a case of beer, the cops took your beer and tried their best to scare the # out of you. (Which didn't work with me because my father was a cop). If you got in a fight after school, if anything at all happened, it was that your parents were notified. Etc., etc.. Nowadays, these kids are arrested, prosecuted and have a criminal record that can affect their lives greatly.

Relative to your point that harsher penalties bring greater obedience to the law, in my experience, this is incorrect. When you treat an young and impressionable person (usually someone who hasn't had a lot of quality parenting) as if they are a criminal, they believe it and act accordingly. However, when you treat them with understanding and services, meanwhile explaining to them that what they did was wrong and why, they have a chance to get out of the cycle. I believe that too much of our criminal justice system is wrapped up in revenge and punishment and very little is geared toward the reduction of recidivism.

One point I do agree with you on is that the pair should receive some sort of punishment, community service or a fine. If they complete that, the matter should be wiped from their records.

I do not defend these woman nor the actions they took. I don't think we should just let them walk. However, to say what stupid teenagers do is some sort of reflection of some horrible issue is absurd, IMHO. If we, as white people, really want to end racism, we need to have the thicker skin that we advocate for others.

They defaced public property. They need to pay for that. The content of the spray painted message should not play a role in the charges or the punishment. Since they like to paint, they can fix what they ruined and then go do some painting for the community.

This is why "hate" should never be mentioned in any law. It is simply not the way our law is supposed to work. It is the action that deserves punishment. One can control one's actions. Hate is an emotion---no amount of punishment is going to change that emotion. Only love and happiness can take away hate. The court system isn't known for being dispensers of either.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Agreed.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Ya I agree with your main point..but your first line,dude that's not nice. Ima mother,i don't like to see other's people children go down,and these two young women are never going to have a good life..It's just not a good feeling,when you have 2 well settled daughters with good prospects,to see other people's children go down. It is always a sad thing. That's how i feel anyway.
edit on 21-4-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join