It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cable is entering the marvel movie universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
toofab.com...

josh brolin going to play cable in the new deadpool.
im cool with that. been wanting to see cable for a while now....josh brolin is a good actor. i think he will do well. strange he is playing 2 different marvel characters at the same time.
he will be playing thanos again as well.

im hoping with cable will will see rachel summers at some point but she is from earth 818 so who knows

he is credited

www.imdb.com...
edit on 15-4-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The Colonel from Avatar would have been great as Cable but awesome regardless. My first appearance issue is just going to keep going

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I saw this the other day.

I like Josh Brolin as Cable much better the the reports of Michael Cera last week.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I saw this the other day.

I like Josh Brolin as Cable much better the the reports of Michael Cera last week.

oh for sure.
i like michael cera but not in a role like cable

good call not going with him

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Bwhaha I hope that was a massive typo and you meant John Cena.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Hmmm... I'll need to see him in full costume before I make up my mind. If they do it with the flair given to movies like the Avengers series, then I'll probably love it. But if it's like the crappy "non-super hero" looking style that's usually done in the X-Men movies, then heck no. I'm talking about the screwed up non-costumes, the lame version of Gambit in the Wolverine movie, the weak teen angst Rogue instead of the beautiful powerhouse version, & the old wrinkled up Magneto in the early movies (my brother and I say "that's not Magneto, that's Magnetar hurr hurr hurr").

I was a big reader of most of the X-Men related series back in the 90s & Cable's clone "Stryfe" is one of my favorite comic villains of all time. So when I see Cable, I automatically imagine Stryfe as well. In other words, they better not screw this up. Cable needs the full oversized guns, the flame thingy glowing around his eye, and all. hmph!

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
strange he is playing 2 different marvel characters at the same time.

Very strange although you don't really see much of Brolin as Thanos as he's most CGI/Makeup but it will be strange knowing he's 2 different characters.

Like Rainbow said Stephen Lang would have been perfect for Cable, he even said he wanted to play Cable but I think because he's in the next 4 avatar films he wasn't approached

Brolin is a solid actor though, thought he was great as young K in MIB 3 so hopefully he'll do Cable justice

top topics

join