It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Jazeera Cartoons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Lots and lots of them:

]Al Jazeera

These are either a very good example of how the people of the Middle East view the US, Britan and Israel - or very good examples of the propaganda that they're subject to.

Some of them are kind of funny.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I keep meaning to rent Control Room and watch it because I hear it sums a lot of this up pretty well. But anyway, is it any wonder how the Middle East sees us and a lot of the world for that matter when their media puts out stuff like that. I mean, just look at what our media puts out and what you have to go through these days to get to the truth. Now throw in medias that are often times controlled by their governments and like the propaganda roll. I know that there are plenty of people that take the time to search out the truth, but for the average person just catching tidbits or readint the headlines its no mystery that they have a bad opinion of the U.S. or the West depending on where they are.

One thing, it was the American Al Jezeera site. Are you sure those weren't just created for our benefit to fume over and are in fact tranlsated versions of what people view in the Middle East?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
so what the average american doesn't search for the truth much do they, they just catch the tidbit, "oh all terrorists = middle east, well i spose we can invade them then", remember it works both ways

BTW I thought those cartoons weren't too bad, I've seen more anit americanism (well more anti-bush really) in European Newspapers

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I didn't mean to exclude Americans who do the same from scorn or from the abilty to be swayed by agendas. I wish everyone would take the time to do research and learn the truth instead of trusting others to spoon feed it to them. We'd be a lot better off, on massive amounts of anxiety medication, but better off lol.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by jukyu]

new topics

top topics

join