It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warfare and Weapons in Ancient Egypt FREE COURSE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This is a re-doing of a course offered by the University of Manchester, where I am getting my Egyptology degree. The prof is one of my teachers who also field director of the Tell Nabasha Survey Project (so... not someone who sits in an office and reads books. He gets out, finds things, and does research.) It will run Apr 17 - May 15, 2017.

Link to course web page

It's free. Completely free. Takes about an hour or two per week - you'll read some things, watch a video, and interact on the boards. I *think* you get a "certificate of participation" or similar at the end.

After completing the course you will have gained a knowledge and understanding of:

The relevant historical and archaeological evidence, including in-depth knowledge of Egyptian fortifications in Nubia, Sinai and Libya.
Key figures, including selected pharaohs (kings).
Key events, including the Battle of Megiddo and the Battle of Qadesh.
The cultures against whom the Egyptians fought, including the Hittites, the Kingdom of Kush and various Canaanite city-states.
Selected aspects of ancient Egyptian art.
Selected aspects of ancient Egyptian literature.

I do try to take these when they come up. Even though my courses go into more depth on Egypt, these topics are focused on one specific thing rather than the broad overall picture of Egypt. If you're interested in ancient cultures, you might enjoy this one!

Typically, students are international and older, not young Americans.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Fantastic Byrd

Am signed up

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Thank you my dear, I look forward to what can be gleaned from this. The price tag is right as well!

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

First week completed and badge obtained on first quiz

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing this. I spent an hour and already learned a lot and for someone like me who never graduated high school getting through this will be quite the challenge. No slacking for me either it seems there's a deadline!

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Got my certificate and thanks again! I can honestly say that I know a great deal more about ancient Egypt now and some of the neighboring states. I give Egypt a lot more credit then I previously did. They had a very long lasting run compared to most other empires.

new topics

top topics

join