It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An example of how working hard doesn't necessarily pay..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This guy is explaining quite well what I've been trying to say for a long time here on ATS.

While he's mainly talking about social security, it is just as true for anyone who is earning an income of around 1200- $1300 a month compared to someone who is only earning around $800.. and how the person earning the lower wage is really making out better.
of course, this guy will be in a mass of hurt if, at some point in the near future, the gov't decides it just doesn't want to, or can't keep the giveaways going.
but at the moment, he is making out better.
now, place yourself in the position of a married couple, with a kid or two, that is finding itself struggling to do the impossible, living with a standard of living that is less than the gov't is giving away... to be honest, I am not sure if this is still happening but I do know it was when I was raising me kids... can you see how it might encourage those couples who find themselves in that position to just kind of split up? oh ya, dad is screwed royally because of the child support, but mom and kids kind of make out better.

what he is saying might not be true in all states though...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Not to attack the guy? But he is on disability due to COPD? Did you happen to take a look at the walls in the background? The dude smokes like a freakin chimney and he wonders why he has COPD?

Why go to college to be a lawyer when you have a deathwish?

Anyways, he definitely has the system figured out and how to take advantage of it!

edit on 10-4-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I don't understand some of what he's trying to explain.
He only gets 190 something for food a month. Fifty dollars a week wouldn't stretch too far, depending on how/what you choose to eat,, I think.
I understand that he qualifies for medicaid and if you are unhealthy, that is a big savings.
I think the child support is granted to whomever maintains the custody of the children (likely the majority is women) and in my state if you are not working it is charged at minimum wage (as if you ad a job). That is my experience from BILs who owe.
His opening did make me chuckle when he said he gives 'pick up artistry' and 'teenage girl' advice.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is why the government needs to stop the handouts, except to those who truly, actually can not work for physical or mental reasons.

Too many handouts result in a lazy, dependent population.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well my mother worked her ass off and when she goes into retirement is nearly left with nothing. I'm in early retirement due to a serious problem with my back and left with nothing. Meanwhile some syrian refugees run around with the newest iphone and burn down there home because they got a PS4 instaed of the pro version. It's just seriously messed up and i'm still wondering why my fellow citizens are not on the streets right now protesting. The whole system is rigged.

I had to fight for every euro meanwhile some illegal immigrant gets his benefits without even questioning where he comes from. They raised the retirement age to 67. 67! Don't get kids and a divorce btw because then you are really f#cked. They don't even care if you can pay the alimony or not they just take your money. Merkel the lying pos bitch promised so much and failed to deliver on nearly everything meanwhile the stupid american people(mainly SJW,Liberals,Left) complain about a president who actually tries to keep his promises.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
This is why the government needs to stop the handouts, except to those who truly, actually can not work for physical or mental reasons.

I can only speak for my country but you get the benefits pretty easy if you fit the profile of some certain nationalities. Just state your foreign sounding name and here we go.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

My latest employee paid me 17 bucks an hour to bust my back with no sick days yet his daughter complains that he and her husband only makes over 100 thousand a year.

People are complaining about not being to afford a second house.A second house. I've lived on 15 dollars of food budget a week so when I hear sob stories about how some they can't afford an investment home I laugh.

Machines will take their jobs and people like myself will be there to clean up the mess, and then we can be the ones looking down on those born with a silver spoon in their mouths. Rant over, focker out.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Why go to college to be a lawyer when you have a deathwish?

it gives him something to do, outside of working of course??
and a lawyer, how many years of college doesn't that require?
paralegals make a decent amount of money, and requires less education..

but I was centering on just the numbers he was giving... kind of wishing that people would realize just how self destructive it is to have it so that people can get more by working less.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
there was a time when I was trying to feed a family of five on $30 a week...
ya, I could live on $50/week in food really quite easily and painlessly. of course, my mom probably would be better at that, she was real good at stretching the grocery dollar.

link   
I enjoy hearing this talk....at the end of the day the harder you work, the more you think you can make. The problem is the government always wants more the more you make. The middle class will forever be the poor class.

link   

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The dude smokes like a freakin chimney and he wonders why he has COPD?

Your powers of observation are useless.
This guy can't smoke, it would kill him.
If he smoked, the ash tray and other items would be on the table.
Its a filthy rundown apartment that needs painting and with flies crawling everywhere.

As far as checks go, if you can get one you better do so.
They'll not be around much longer.
A 30% cut is in the works as we speak.
The wealthy will be the first to lose 100%.

The government spends millions of dollars every year printing all this and nobody, I mean nobody ever reads it.

Buck

edit on 10-4-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

you don't need to cut assistance to the people, you just have to rectify the system when the handouts exceed the resources of those that are working.. either extend the handouts by increasing the income limits, or reduce the handouts. but the give aways should never exceed the incomes of those who are refused, that is how you end up with things like healthcare systems that no one can afford, not even our gov't!

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I remember those days.
It's about 10-15 a week for lunches at school depending on what/if my daughter eats there.
Yeah, too lazy to pack a lunch, most days.

I suppose when I was thinking of the 'grocery bill' I was including paper products, cleaning supplies, pet food etc. I really didn't make myself clear.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Dudes not lazy! Hes worked his fare share and is on disability I dont have a problem with him. Its impossible to pay rent on $850 dollars a month! Now i have personally witnessed people who dont speak english collect social security disability and snap and section 8. The real question you have to ask is how did these people who cant speak english work during the 70's! How the hell did you get a job spend 3 decades here and never learn english ever yet can access these services without anyone questioning how you did it.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
... i'm still wondering why my fellow citizens are not on the streets right now protesting.

Let me guess: your bad back keeps you from protesting yourself, right?

No it's because nobody gives a sh!t about my people. They are all hung up on helping the poor refugees or signaling virtue and how much they hate Trump. The only protesters we have are the ANTIFA scumbags and they accomplish nothing except destroying property and assault people. Oh wait of course people protested for Islam being the religion of peace and supported the useless womens march. We are a very priviliged country and women have all the rights here but hey we hate america. They loved Obama for whatever stupid reasons but hate Trump for putting americans first. Go figure. Merkel and her foreign politics dumbed down the masses so much that i now have to worry again that the same morons vote for her again. I would take Trump to replace Merkel any day.
edit on 10-4-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Here is a crazy documentary about an entire family...generations worth who abused the system by being on welfare, disability and in prison...

Give it a watch....It screams MURICA!!

edit on 10-4-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great how these refugees look like they are capable of fighting the war but we give them money and houses and send our troops into battle

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy
That must be synchronity. Servus. I was thinking the same exact thing seconds before reading your post. Refugees are financially better off than a single mother who works half a day, while at the same time, they lounge for free and do not have to put up 500-800€ for a flat each month constantly. Some register several times to get more money, but I know you know that...

Angela Merkel, rhymes on little ferkel...

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

...The wealthy will be the first to lose 100%.

How naïve... the wealthy will be the LAST to lose ANYTHING. That's the way the system is built. Look around. Even as we came out of the economic crash of '07-'08 the wealthy increased their share of the wealth. The wealthy own the largest percentage of all wealth than at any time in history. And the rate of wealth accretion to the top has accelerated. You're dreaming.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join