It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead bat found in salad bought at Florida Walmart prompts recall

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

hey (ricky)mouses carry rabies too - equal opportunity

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Some bats sleep after camouflaging themselves so they look like flowers.
Hard to imagine even a fruit bat not noticing it was perched on produce destined for the table though.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Quick note for you food snobs in here: my choices range from bags of mixed/spring greens, or a head of iceberg lettuce (iceberg lettuce is a nutritional zero). Otherwise, there is no salad green options.

I buy a bag or box of greens a few times a week. I don't shop at Wal Mart, i shop at HEB

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Unwanted protein in a salad labelled ORGANIC?!

Grow your own greens, learn the wild edibles in your area...

Best salad you will ever have!!

Yeah but growing lettuce is like super hard and stuff...

You have have order seeds from amazon. You have order scissors from eBay to open the seeds.
You have to order soil. You have buy pots. You have to order gardening knee pads and a big floppy hat.

Then you actually have to use all that stuff....

What if there's no app for that?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Or, if you live where i do, you have to risk a fine to water your stuff to keep it alive and edible.

Where I live is desert....not exactly the kind of place you find lots of tasty wild leafy greens, or that lettuce just grows like crazy in.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The hay bale and solar still method might work for you. Never lived in the desert. Getting a fine for watering your plants is crazy.

You might be be to do aquaculture though. Basically a fish tank that you pump the water through grow beds that get their nutrients from the fish waste, then the plants filter the water for the fish.

Depends on how much fish you like to eat, and how much free time you have I guess.

Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The problem with growing your own lettuce is it takes a lot of surface area. Probably more than people are willing to allocate space wise in their back yard. A head of lettuce wont last you all year if you like salads. Your going to need to grow 50 or so and thats at least 75 square feet of growing space which for most urban veggie gardens is more space than most people going to allow for just one type of plant.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Yes it does. I'm lucky, I bought land that allows me room to grow produce for my family's needs.

I'm in a state forest that's surrounded by national forest, so I can live the way I choose to.
I'm not rich by any means, I just worked my ass off and did my homework on what I could afford.

But I really like gardening and hunting/fishing, so that's why I am where I am.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

i have zero free time...but if i did, aquaculture would be fantastic. I love fish (i would eat it every meal) and I love leafy green veggies. I don't know why i struggle with weight, given what i like eating the most. I guess its all the smothered and covered that gets served at restaurants (and that my family prefers)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I think Bat salads is personally a waste of good bat, especially when there are so many more creative ways to serve bat.

One of our local favorites is bat enchiladas with a nice cheddar cheese and salsa.

Another creative way is to cook bat in the microwave on a paper plate covered in orange marmalade with just a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg depending on your personal taste.

And I probably don't even need to mention our salty pig buttermilk and bat biscuits. yummmmmy

Any one interested in more delicious bat goodies can u2u me.

edit on 10-4-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've bought a bag of spring greens that came with a tree frog.
I didn't realize that "greens" included frogs.

I found a big dead frog in a head of romaine once. Wasn't dead too long, tho.

It was out of a case that I was prepping. So not off the shelf.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join