It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The hidden history of Mary and Joseph

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

No need to report you, you haven't said anything wrong or offensive as far as I am concerned, I was just a bit puzzled by your choice of vids

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: destination now

can you make up another sentence pls. just something

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Another sentence on what? Not sure what you want me to say?

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

this one was pretty nice, anything would do.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

People are usually telling me to stop talking..it's rare I get encouragement lol

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
If you want hidden history then Jewish sources should also be examined. If they are anymore truer, than roman gospels, is totally up to the reader to decide.

The skimpy information contained in the Baraitas is as follows: Rabbi Yehoshua ben Perachyah once repelled Yeishu with both hands. People believed that Yeishu was a sorcerer and they considered him to be a person who had led the Jews astray. As a result of charges brought against him (the details of which are not known, but which probably involved high treason) Yeishu was stoned and his body hung up on the eve of Passover. Before this he was paraded around for forty days with a herald going in front of him announcing that he would be stoned and calling for people to come forward to plead for him. Nothing was brought forward in his favor however. Yeishu had five disciples: Mattai, Naqai, Neitzer, Buni, and Todah.

In the Tosefta and the Baraitas, Yeishu's father is named Pandeira or Panteiri. These are Hebrew-Aramaic forms of a Greek name. In Hebrew the third consonant of the name is written either with a dalet or a tet. Comparison with other Greek words transliterated into Hebrew shows that the original Greek must have had a delta as its third consonant and so the only possibility for the father's Greek name is Panderos. Since Greek names were common among Jews during Hashmonean times it is not necessary to assume that he was Greek, as some authors have done.

The connection between Yeishu and Jesus is corroborated by the the fact that Mattai and Todah, the names of two of Yeishu's disciples, are the original Hebrew forms of Matthew and Thaddaeus, the names of two of Jesus's disciples in Christian mythology.

The early Christians were also aware of the name "ben Pandeira" for Jesus. The pagan philosopher Celsus, who was famous for his arguments against Christianity, claimed in 178 C.E. that he had heard from a Jew that Jesus's mother, Mary, had been divorced by her husband, a carpenter, after it had been proved that she was an adultress. She wandered about in shame and bore Jesus in secret. His real father was a soldier named Pantheras. According to the Christian writer Epiphanius (c. 320 - 403 C.E.), the Christian apologist Origen (c.185 – 254 C.E.) had claimed that "Panther" was the nickname for Jacob the father of Joseph, the stepfather of Jesus. It should be noted that Origen's claim is not based on any historical information. It is purely a conjecture aimed at explaining away the Pantheras story of Celsus.

link

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

We weren't talking US history, better reload that one cowboy

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i dont think age is a concern when the story you are telling, is coming from a narrative that is literally been told straight from what People see in the night sky. Not actual people, as religions try and make us believe!

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

whih eventually resulted with a quran verse prohibitting the burying or killing of newly born girl babies.

Ask that of any victim of child sex abuse ..... If they were better off dead

OR

alive and been sexually abused....

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

i didnt understand.you mean it is better if they are killed and buried? it is better off dead of course, I mean usually you think that way then.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xbeta

i didnt understand.you mean it is better if they are killed and buried? it is better off dead of course, I mean usually you think that way then.

I thought it was quite clear ....read it slowly .... Ask someone who has been

sexually abused as a child if they would rather have been dead than suffered

the sex abuse. You do know that there is a fate worse than death

As for Muhammed/the Quran saving female children from being buried alive

it could be said his reasons were NOT purely altrustic
www.youtube.com...

Maybe he was simply saving them to be the *playthings of dirty old men*?

.....*A fate worse than death*.....

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

ok it is clearer now. but then when you love somebody you always want to keep them alive, you should be knowing that from yourself...i mean it is like this for me.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

You have no proofs to back your claims regarding the age of people back then. The Bible says they lived well beyond 100. In the old testament people lived betweeb 300 to 900 years. Abraham was making babies even at 100.

the long life span of people in the bible started to drop after the flood. go read it, it's in there.

here i'll help

Genesis 6:3 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

and life spans began to drop steadily after that.

and if you knew the bible, you would know that both Abraham and Sarah had doubts about it having a child.

edit on 9-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

the long life span of people in the bible started to drop after the flood. go read it, it's in there.

I think it is opposite. until noah time death is more frequent.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
a reply to: deckdel

Its not my story.

Christian writings not in the Bible state that Joseph was 90 when he was emhahedy to a 12 year old Mary.

Doesn't matter what you believe. That's what the books say. That's Christian tradition.

Even assuming anything you say is true, how is it a 'Christian tradition' when Christ wasn't born yet and Christianity hadn't been created yet?

EDIT: I'm not even going to dispute that Mary was young and Joseph was older. That was normal at the time. However, that does not make it a Christian tradition. Nothing in the dogma of Christianity calls for such arrangements. It is an unspoken assumption that Christians can assimilate to the culture they live in so long as it does not overrule the commandments of God and teachings of Christ.
edit on 9-4-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So you are a Muslim, seriously, a Muslim reading apocrypha
You are just reporting the news are you

Your prophet was a nutjob and you want to make Joeseph look the same to justify your prophets perversion.

Yes it was common for girls to marry in Israel at 14

Aisha was a 6 year old and it's widely established that Muhomoud was a disgusting human being

Hi,

It took you this long to catch the OP being Muslim?

I KNOW you are a child of God...

Now lets get you charged with the Spirit of Discernment. I want you to pray for it EVERYDAY until 40 days after Easter. I too will ask God that you have this gift.....then use it or loose it.

God Bless.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I think the most bothersome picture here, that Christians choose to ignore, is that whether Mary was 12 or 14 or 16, she was impregnated through 'Immaculate Conception', is that assuming there is a god, he is a pedophile.

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

no it not, go read it.
here's a wiki cause it's fast and i don't have time to look it all up for you. besides you need to see it for yourself.

Noah died 350 years after the flood, at the age of 950,[6] the last of the extremely long-lived antediluvian Patriarchs. The maximum human lifespan, as depicted by the Bible, diminishes rapidly thereafter, from almost 1,000 years to the 120 years of Moses. (Genesis 6:3; Deuteronomy 31:22; 34:37)
Noah

posted on Apr, 9 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

originally posted by: Raggedyman

So you are a Muslim, seriously, a Muslim reading apocrypha
You are just reporting the news are you

Your prophet was a nutjob and you want to make Joeseph look the same to justify your prophets perversion.

Yes it was common for girls to marry in Israel at 14

Aisha was a 6 year old and it's widely established that Muhomoud was a disgusting human being

Hi,

It took you this long to catch the OP being Muslim?

I KNOW you are a child of God...

Now lets get you charged with the Spirit of Discernment. I want you to pray for it EVERYDAY until 40 days after Easter. I too will ask God that you have this gift.....then use it or loose it.

God Bless.

I discern I don't need a spirit of discernment, just the Holy Spirit
I will meet half way and eat chocolate for fourty days after Easter,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join