It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia PM says Trump attack came within an inch of war with Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Trump goes on a rampage and fires 59 Tomahawks. More than 30 were intercepted by SA-22 Greyhounds near Tartus. Trump gave a short warning before the attack to minimize casualties on personnel at the Shayrat base but not enough time to move equipment out of the way. It's a good thing there were no Russian casualties although several SAA soldiers were killed by the attack.

twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Bloody hell , you mean the russians shot his cruise missiles down ?
Wow

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

That why they shot 60.

I'm sure they knew about SAM defenses and wanted actually hit something.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

i was just wondering how this whole thing works. so lets say hypothetically, daesh sets off chemical attack, msm says assad did it, then us attacks assad, making russia and iran irate. sounds like a whole can of worms, and the lids off....

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Trump goes on a rampage and fires 59 Tomahawks. More than 30 were intercepted by SA-22 Greyhounds near Tartus.

twitter.com...

Any source for that? I cannot find anything about intercepted Tomahawks, but that might just be me.

link   

I thought so : would confirm rough figures heard early : 59 shot off today , 23 reached targets
edit on 7-4-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

link   
The Russians claim the sa 22 can shoot down the f35 and the f22.
They sure let a bunch of old cruise missiles hit their targets and probably with warning they were coming.

Interesting

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

SA-22 is short to medium range. It does not shoot high flying planes. That's for S-400.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Early Friday, Russia’s Defense Ministry said the “combat effectiveness” of the airstrike was “very low,” according to its spokesman, Maj. Gen. Ignorances Konashenkov.

Of the 59 missiles dispatched by the U.S. on the Shayrat air base, Konashenkov said, only 23 missiles hit their target.

“The place of the fall of the other missiles is unknown,” said Konashenkov, according to a report by Russian state news operator TASS.

Source

The Russian military says nothing about being able to intercept the Tomahawks, they just claim that the did not hit their target.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

SA-22 is short to medium range. It does not shoot high flying planes. That's for S-400.

Just commenting on what I read.

www.military-today.com...

Who ya wanna believe? I don't know for surr.

link   

23 out of 59 , twenty something got there anyway //bbc
edit on 7-4-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

SA-22 at 1:21

edit on 7-4-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

i was just wondering how this whole thing works. so lets say hypothetically, daesh sets off chemical attack, msm says assad did it, then us attacks assad, making russia and iran irate. sounds like a whole can of worms, and the lids off....

Hypothetically?

I think you wrote exactly what happened

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

You just pinpointed why Trump should have stayed out of this.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Whoever makes the Tomahawks we used is going to be very happy, They just got more orders to produce some. I bet there will be some political contributions made shortly.

I suppose now the Syrians are going to boost imports of the missile defense system compounds now, good for Russian manufacturers too.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Is there a source for this other than twitter - I followed the links but no mention of any news source saying the Russians actually said anything

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

SA-22 at 1:21

"Published on Nov 26, 2015"

A video from the year before last year hardly works as a source for something that happened less than 24 hours ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme
This is why the whole practice of alliances and pacts and treaties is just a recipe for world war.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There is heavy Russian AD at the Latakia base. Most of the Tomahawks would have been shot down on their way to the Homs air base. Tomahawks are subsonic. Easy targets.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join