It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the American Government is covering up what is the rest of the world doing?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
It seems the common idea here is that the US government is covering up Alien activity. Reasons for the cover up range from receiving war tech to NWO plans.
But what are other countries doing?

The Mexican Department Of Defense Acknowledge 'UFOs' In Mexico.
The Russians have a department researching UFOs.

If Aliens are only working with the US how long can they keep things hidden?
Will the rest of the world step up?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Some already have it seems...such as the aforementioned Mexico.

Russia is in a similar position to the US it seems, as regards to this, as they too have a long history of coverup on this. Britain is another that's always been big on this coverup. Yet others, like Brazil, share Mexico's feeling, that something is going on in their skies that they aren't privy to.

For me, the bigger question is WHY are they covering up, and then WHAT are they covering up. I suspect that we won't like the answer when we eventually learn it, either through disclosure, or revelation by them, themselves.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
If US keeps pushing it self away from the rest of the world then I don't se why other contrys should cover for the US

But I find it hard to se how the US is keep other countrys from disclosure if that contry wants to reveal whats going on.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think the reason that US, Russia and the UK tend to cover up there UFO stories is because they dont want the public to know that there airspace can be penatrated and there is nothing they can do about it unlike Mexico and Brazil who really dont care and the fact that millions of people actually saw the UFO's.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
How is the US goverment covering up more compared to other countries?

I mean, none of the countries are very serious in the matter. Even if Mexicos goverment aknowledge UFO's, its not like they are saying "OMG ALIENS ARE HERE, ITS 100% OFFICIAL PEOPLE!". Its nothing other than an "official" UFO report... Which if I'm not mistaken there are tons of in the US too.

Just curious, I dont really care. I just dont see it as being so much worse.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
IMO, countries that are involved in an ET coverup do so for the same reason that the US does. Protection (from the aliens themselves), and advancement of their technology. The gov'ts that are involved in the coverups most likely have made some form of contact, and have negotiated secrecy for new technology. The governments that do not seem to be involved in a coverup most likely have not been involved in any contact officially, and therefore obtain not advancements in technology. Thus they have no reason to keep the UFO sightings and such a secret from the rest of the world.

I really don't think that the rest of the world's superpowers are covering for the US. IMO, they have most likely struck the same kind of deals that the US has. I don't think that a race of beings would be foolish enough to travel across the universe to make contact with an exclusive group of people (the US). But, again, this is all speculative and perhaps completely BS

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Killak420
I think the reason that US, Russia and the UK tend to cover up there UFO stories is because they dont want the public to know that there airspace can be penatrated and there is nothing they can do about it unlike Mexico and Brazil who really dont care and the fact that millions of people actually saw the UFO's.

It is a possibility, as someone stated above, that US, Russia, and the UK, et al., know what it's all about. Perhaps it's not so good. While the South American countries don't have any real insight into what the gig is all about.

I tend to waiver regarding the purpose of the UFOs. Good? Bad? I think that the court is still out on it, at least for us mere mortals.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

Originally posted by Killak420

It is a possibility, as someone stated above, that US, Russia, and the UK, et al., know what it's all about. Perhaps it's not so good. While the South American countries don't have any real insight into what the gig is all about.

I tend to waiver regarding the purpose of the UFOs. Good? Bad? I think that the court is still out on it, at least for us mere mortals.

I met someone in iraq gov 4 years ago in a nightclub, we discussed iraqs ancient and present alien history , so I know top iraqi knew . but only a few.
whoever is in the UN has an idea or knows outright.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Todd
If US keeps pushing it self away from the rest of the world then I don't se why other contrys should cover for the US

But I find it hard to se how the US is keep other countrys from disclosure if that contry wants to reveal whats going on.

I hate to say this because they're so inept, but I think that the U.N. probably has something to do with it. There may even be a chance that the U.N. will be body that discloses everything to the people.

Peace

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It makes sense that if it's the testing of nukes that brought them here...it's those powers only that the aliens might have met with, and thus only those powers KNOW the secret to keep it. The others can only SUSPECT the secret (i.e. their existence)...and so have no trouble speaking openly about it.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don't know if its been mentioned, but publicly the U.S. operates around 730 military bases around the globe in 90 different countries. I'm not too sure on what types of military bases NATO or the UN has, if any, but the U.S. certainly has a large enough presence to be a global dominating force to tackle an issue like UFO/ET military engagements and evidence confiscation.

Its my firm belief that extraterrestrials are not working with our governments. They seem to be at war with each other as ETs try to contain humanity to this planet to protect themselves from our violent ways and our newfound weapons technologies that finally pose a threat to them.

[edit on 2-2-2005 by Frith]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was just reading about the Canadian government UFO research (googling will find many sites on the subject). It was established in 1950 and directed by Willbert Smith. He was the director from 1950-1954. Yes, 1954 the year of the Roswell crash. (EDIT: 1947 as pointed out by rwatkins I don't know what I was thinking of.)

From roswellproof.homestead.com...
In the interview on September 15, 1950, Sarbacher was to tell Bremner/Smith that Scully was essentially correct, flying saucers existed, they didn't originate on Earth, and the subject was the most highly classified in the U.S. government, at a level higher than the H-bomb.

If there is a cover up now in Canada I wouldn't know. In the past there was defiantly no cover up.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:43 PM
link   
From what I here there is an agreement among western countries to keep it covered up. Also, I don't think any government is in cahoots with the aliens, because I've read alot of reports of engagment or trying to shoot them down. By the way, the Roswell crash was July 4, 1947.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I believe it is a sort of treaty or agreement to not reveal the truth to the other countries.They mutually form a certain kind hush-hush cooperation and denies ever knowing about the aliens.Furthermore,most of the countries that are covering up this issue is the major powers of the world.For example,U.S,Russia and Britain.

Even the UN can't do anything because those three big nations are in the security council and they can veto any move to uncover the truth.Til today,I believe the UN is a big joke.The ones in the security council are making the trouble and then vetoed any country members that are against their agenda such as the invasion of Iraq.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I've found a bunch of sites on reports by Australian UFO researcher Bill Chalker. Apperantly in 1982 he had access to several government UFO files.
www.theozfiles.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...

While searching about Australia I also found some Australian Abduction Cases.

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There is just a big cover-up of a real big deal that NO countries or governments want you to find out...all the wars are very well organized, they want you to think that (this country and this country) hate each other but is not really the case! It's total and complete manipulation for the purpose of a dark agenda and everybody fall for it! Unbeleivable!
I f we knew everything, that would just cause a BIG paranoia out of control...people would go suicide themselves and mental illness, that is why you not spend so much energies trying to solve war problems or politic conflicts, it's just a big GAME! remember that!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 01:46 PM
link   
So Amelia

Your saying all the wars are orchestrated and millions of lives wasted for a game to meet what end?

The aliens are telling us to go fight a couple World Wars here and a couple Vietnam's there to through us off there trail.

I believe aliens interfere in world affairs, but I doubt "ALL" the world leaders would agree to such a massacre.

I could be wrong and am interested in your point of view, please explain more.

U2U me if you would like.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
they want you to think that (this country and this country) hate each other but is not really the case! It's total and complete manipulation for the purpose of a dark agenda and everybody fall for it! it's just a big GAME! remember that!

I agree , we call it " politics" , and power is the name of the game.
I belive CIA is involved in most coous* or gov takeovers.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by lizzardsamok]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Honestly, the way I view it, the aliens aren't in direct contact with any major world government (at least not a known government). Remember the shadow government. Not knowing the expanse of the shadow government here in the US, I can't say if it encompasses other countries or not, but if it doesn't, I'm certain there exist other shadow governments in other nations. Perhaps it's just a single shadow government the world over. These shadow governments operate outside of federal laws, outside of the UN, etc. I feel that it's these shadow governments that the aliens are dealing with. I also feel that it's these shadow governments that are orchestrating the coverups, wars, etc, to keep the general public blind to the truth.

Take the war with Iraq, for instance. Publicly, it was known as a war to destroy the "weapons of mass destruction" and to oust a dictator as the leader. Under the surface, but still pretty obvious, it was a war over oil resources, and the WMDs and Saddam had little to do with it. Digging further into speculation, under that... suppose there is some truth to ancient alien artifacts in Iraq, and a heavy alien prescence in and around Iraq. At that point, it could be a war designed by a shadow government to obtain further alien technology, possibly to gain a bargaining chip with the aliens, or perhaps it is all a military action to gain this alien tech since a war of men would be more easilly explained than a large alien operation to gain an artifact.

I feel that the shadow governments are responsible for the coverups, wars, etc. Perhaps this shadow government consists partially of aliens. It's really virtually impossible to do much more than speculate, since there is no hard evidence to be gained that either proves or disproves anything I've said. Perhaps I'm on the right track, and perhaps I'm just talking out of my a$$. It sounds logical, but I can't prove any of it.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It makes sense that if it's the testing of nukes that brought them here...it's those powers only that the aliens might have met with, and thus only those powers KNOW the secret to keep it. The others can only SUSPECT the secret (i.e. their existence)...and so have no trouble speaking openly about it.

Here's a thought gazrok, you said the testing of nukes is what brought them here, what if secrecy is what is keeping them here? Maybe full disclosure will make them go away (not in a bad way).

top topics

<<   2 >>

join