It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone fight?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Would love to learn catch but there's nowhere near me that teaches it. Good wrestlers are a nightmare to fight against.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Would love to learn catch but there's nowhere near me that teaches it. Good wrestlers are a nightmare to fight against.

where you live?
i know of a place in florida. 1 in california. 1 in south carolina. florida and carolina i know personally.
it is definitely not taught like bjj or any other grappling.

the locks are brutal. i was always a pretty good wrestler but i really dove in when i started learning catch.

pretty cool site

www.scientificwrestling.com...

hit up youtube and watch some vids of erik paulson, josh barnett, kazushi sakuraba, and masakatsu funaki.

read up on frank gotch, farmer burns, karl gotch, ad santel, strangler lewis.

these guys were #ing killers man...
these originals would work in the mines for example and then after 12 hours underground they would grapple out in the dirt.

there is a book called say uncle all about catch wrestling. very good book.
ive not seen this yet because i cant find it but i desperately want to

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Hold_Not_Taken

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Boxed gold gloves , studied muy thai. Nothing currently though.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

London UK, all the legit catch schools with a lineage here are up north which is way too far away. Sakuraba was a friggin beast man.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

London UK, all the legit catch schools with a lineage here are up north which is way too far away. Sakuraba was a friggin beast man.

i loved watching him fight.
he has been through a lot man.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I studied Tang Soo Do for 5-6 years. I ended up hurting my back (not in martial arts) and the doctors shut me down...6 months before my black belt test. That was hard to swallow but it was the right move at the time.

More recently I've picked up a sword and started studying Iaido. It's hardly a practical art...and it's very old school but it's good for someone like me who's always been interested in swords and Samurai.

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ha! It happens. My broke knuckle was from breaking triple boards with bare knuckles.
Try to find guys that will hit you (That sounds funny out loud).
I'm 6' about 190. I fought guys that were 250+ lbs and taller than me. When I fought someone my size after that training it was nothing! My friend was the same way when she fought other females.
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
no I am not, not anymore

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

Interested in practical sword? Pick up pekiti tirsia or kali illistrisimo.

Interested in practical fighting look into panantukan or pangumut. For wrestling dumog..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join