It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Times up korea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

By rhetoric I mean all this war talk with NK... the military is tired... the equipment needs work, the huge personnel cuts means time is needed to get the new people up to speed.

We do not need any new wars... let SE asia handle it.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Rather than start WWIII, just give them the effing food they want.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

So what did North Korea do to you, your loved ones and your country that got your knickers all in a twist?

You and your friends with the same mindsets looking for another bogeyman to splap all your own countries problems onto again?

Maybe concentrating on your own countries problems might be a good start is all I can suggest as an outsider of the USA!?

Warmest

Lags
edit on 5-4-2017 by Lagomorphe because: Crap editing

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It sounds imminent to me. But what happens if we move on nkorea and makes china or other countries upset?

The same thing that happened last time. The Chinese will wait for US forces to extend all the way north to the Yalu Rifer, then send bazillions of chinese troops swarming south to overwhelm them.

The winter weather will preclude airstrikes, the mountanous terrain will preclude nukes and the US will be wearing its ass for a hat all over again.

Only bullies hand other nations ultimatums anyway...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Sounds like an assumption of opinions,from all indications Trump is being stonewalled when trying to deal with a crisis,all I hear from liberals is how much money he is going to make,when in fact the liberals always lie to make a story sound better,with people of this attitude,nothing can be accomplished,all negative non progressive

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

So what did North Korea do to you, your loved ones and your country that got your knickers all in a twist?

Geo strategically speaking, the Korean Peninsula is a toehold on the Asian continent. Makes it easier to invade from an already established host country with a port to off load supplies and air bases to protect it.

For, you guessed, it to invade the Asian continent.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Geo strategically speaking, the Korean Peninsula is a toehold on the Asian continent. Makes it easier to invade from an already established host country with a port to off load supplies and air bases to protect it.

For, you guessed, it to invade the Asian continent.

I agree and thanks for your opinion and comments Int.

However, my stand is the same... up until now NK have not hurt anyone... tons of sabre rattling etc, but no need to go to full blown out war with them!

My post was aimed at the OP and people with the same mindset... It seems that "certain " people in the USA always need a bogeyman to fight with?

Maybe I am wrong?

Warmest

Lags

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My post was aimed at the OP and people with the same mindset... It seems that "certain " people in the USA always need a bogeyman to fight with?

That was my point. Strategy is about conquering the world, politics is about pretending that isn't whats happening.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

Interesting that you entirely failed to actually respond to ANYTHING I actually said.

I mean, maybe next time you should use the quote function, so you can read what folk have written, then type specific responses to particular points, might stop you drifting off the mark quite so much

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I do not think the usa is realy that daft to go to war in NK. Cause realy you do that and you become the enemy of close on 1/4 of the world population as China and Russia will not allow it. Japan will have to been bullied into helping usa. The rest of south east asia i bet you my left nut will not dare support usa. They know they do that and they will become a waste land. And if by some sort of ignorance the us politician and army think they can win this one, hopefully thare is enough american citizens with 2 working brain cells and balls to stop them. As we know it is one thing to talk smack and be positive but reality is a whole different thing

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Our idiot president is going to get us into a war, and people will support it until they start getting their loved ones back in shiny metal boxes.

...Too Late...

People forget so quickly that China was the reason we have a DMZ between North and South Korea.

That war never really ended, and it never ended because of China.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That was my point. Strategy is about conquering the world, politics is about pretending that isn't whats happening.

Right on

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
China does not want a unified Korea, so keeps North Korea going.

Only trouble is that they canot control the North Koreans. China's support of the North Koreans perpetuates a criminally unjust and repressive regime.

NK is Chinas Israel. There to iritate the West as usa use Israel to iritate the real free world with.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner

Our idiot president is going to get us into a war, and people will support it until they start getting their loved ones back in shiny metal boxes.

...Too Late...

People forget so quickly that China was the reason we have a DMZ between North and South Korea.

That war never really ended, and it never ended because of China.

usa strugling for the best part of almost 20 years to try and beat a bunch of farmers with ww2 weapons in Iraq. Why do you think you can won a fight with a country with nukes?
Please remember you not gonna have the same support you had when you illigaly invade Iraq. And this time you gonna fight a real army not a bunch of farmers. We in the real free world aint gonna sit by and let you destroy another country. NK have not done anything wrong but build weapons to protect themselfs. They have not in the last 30 years illigaly invade and destroy at least 5 countries.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: therealfreeworld

The U.S. has been bullying little weak countries until now, and will make the mistake of thinking they can do the same to Korea.

...And it will be a big mistake...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The same thing that happened last time. The Chinese will wait for US forces to extend all the way north to the Yalu Rifer, then send bazillions of chinese troops swarming south to overwhelm them.

The winter weather will preclude airstrikes, the mountanous terrain will preclude nukes and the US will be wearing its ass for a hat all over again.

The American populace wasn't all in on N. Korea, it was more of U.N. policing the world with American forces.... It would of been Asia wearing it's ass if America was committed, there was no strategic significance to be all in, other than Japan.

The U.N. knew way ahead of time that Chinese forces would swarm in, the U.S. had counter measures that where never used, one of them was wiping China off the face of the Earth.

If there is a second time with N.Korea, it will be a totally different story.

edit on 5-4-2017 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

This is what North Korea does for me... Some people are concerned by world affairs, not just parochial concerns.

Under the rule of Kim Jong-Un, North Korea remains among the world’s most repressive countries. All basic freedoms have been severely restricted under the Kim family’s political dynasty. A 2014 UN Commission of Inquiry found that abuses in North Korea were without parallel in the contemporary world. They include extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortions, and other sexual violence. North Korea operates secretive prison camps where perceived opponents of the government are sent to face torture and abuse, starvation rations, and forced labor. Fear of collective punishment is used to silence dissent. There is no independent media, functioning civil society, or religious freedom.

Source HRW
edit on 5/4/2017 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Like I said, North Korea terrain is too mountainous to employ nukes.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

If you are under the impression that the US government, regardless of who leads it, is anything other than very happy indeed to have the hub of a global criminal network on its door step, then you have not been paying very much attention over the last few decades.

The US government has agents inside narco-terror and cartel groups, because the US government uses their resources both with and without their knowledge, for all manner of shady practices, from using smuggling routes to move people and material it should not have, to getting agents from place to place unseen.

The CIA actively assists in drug running. I suspect very strongly that this where the Bush, Clinton, and Obama families got their wealth from. It's an open secret that Joseph Kennedy made his fortune smuggling booze during prohibition, and does anyone seriously think Obama made enough money during his brief stint as a college professor to be able to afford to send his daughters to a private school, take a yearly Hawaiian vacation at a rented villa, and take a months-long vacation at an exclusive island resort?

What's different about Trump is that we actually know where his money came from.
edit on 5-4-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: Need to add a question mark.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

The American populace wasn't all in on N. Korea, it was more of U.N. policing the world with American forces.... It would of been Asia wearing it's ass if America was committed, there was no strategic significance to be all in, other than Japan.

The U.N. knew way ahead of time that Chinese forces would swarm in, the U.S. had counter measures that where never used, one of them was wiping China off the face of the Earth.

If there is a second time with N.Korea, it will be a totally different story.

You right it will be. This time the war come to usa soil and shtf onus soil. You yanks will look like iraq when this one is over. I realy hope i live long enough to see this one to the end

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join