It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Given Wings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nowhere in the Bible are we told that the dearly departed saved ones are given wings. The saints in heaven do not become angels, they will rule over the angelic host according to the apostle Paul. But, it’s certainly a fascinating and emotional story for those uneducated in the Word of Truth; those who are looking toward experience and the tweaking of their emotions rather than studying for themselves rightly-divided doctrine. In each instance, somebody went and somebody saw in direct contradiction to the Paul’s very clear statement that “we walk by faith not by sight.” Why do books based on so called experiences of going to heaven become best sellers? Could it be because the time will come as Paul states so clearly in 2 Timothy 4:3. We might call them “emotional cravings, abandon sound doctrine preferring instead to have their ears tickled. The reason they sell so well is because in the minds of the vast majority of so-called Christendom today emotion trumps doctrine. Take note of which churches grow the fastest and where the multitudes want to congregate in your city and you’ll see meetings designed with emotion in mind. We walk by faith not by sight. We can rely upon nothing we see because the enemy is able to provide miraculous manifestations and we can rely only upon what we hear from others to the extent that what others say aligns itself with the Word of God rightly divided.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: newnature1

Someone made a comment once that angels in the Bible are not really good agents but harbingers of death.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
What about harps? Bunch of people trying to learn that at once has to be heavenly... we know there's a ton of cows and bees there meaning grass and flowers have to be as well since the rivers are flowing with the milk and honey... I mean like a lot of grass flowers and cows and bees.

Of just a lot of puff puff pass grass making up all sorts of nonsense... Jesus Christ what are we smoking? Shut up and eat of my body dude... Thomas all in the corner; I doubt Ima homosexual Jesus... Hey what are you whining about over there? Ha ha thats a good one without a doubt try some of my wine.

Don't mind me, I'm in a Jovial mood... taking things so seriously. Hey when you die and if you are reborn as something with wings? Cheers... all leaping out the nest; I'm dying I'm dying! Oh no wait a minute... I'm flying!

edit on 4-4-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

it may have been I, but I did not say it about Holy angels.

My statement was "that nowhere in the Bible are Angels said to have wings. And in the one instance of that in which the Roman Catholic image of angels is taken from "having hair like women and wings of a stork" are the the harbingers of evil, that is they carry her off to her place.

Zec 5:7 And, behold, there was lifted up a talent of lead: and this is a woman that sitteth in the midst of the ephah.
8 And he said, This is wickedness. And he cast it into the midst of the ephah; and he cast the weight of lead upon the mouth thereof.
9 Then lifted I up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came out two women, and the wind was in their wings; for they had wings like the wings of a stork: and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heaven.

edit on 4-4-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: newnature1

Human who die do not get wings.

Most angel do not have wings BUT the Cherub, Seraphim, and the four beast that circle God's throne do have wings. Some have two, others have four and a few select have six wings (the four beasts) ....

These wings are not symbolic and do have meaning - mostly it has do with authority and their job.

new topics

top topics

join