It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Jennings Reporting: UFO, Feb 24th on ABC.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I know that 'they' mean us no harm

I'm glad you're so optimistic... Personally though, extra-terrestrial intruders who are secretive, invade airspace around defense installations, nullify such defenses, and abduct, experiment on, and then brainwarp citizens IS my definition of intending harm...what is yours exactly?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
Mind you, I doubt that they would tell us if a meteor was about to fall onto our heads. Nobody got warned about the tsunami.

This is stretching a little from the 'TV' subject, but it should be clarified that tsunami warnings were released after the initial earthquake. WE knew that there would be tsunami. WE apparently had little measures in place to warn the now victims of the disaster.

It's my opinion that we may never be able to predict earthquakes accurately, so it's likely that any said alien technology wouldn't be able to either. However I'm in agreement; if they could detect an impending earthquake they wouldn't warn us.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Sorry to you Diana. I have much respect for the job that housewives do. I would guess that, among housewives, you are in the minority though.

Peace

Well cool. Thanks Dr. Love, I appreciate it. I guess there aren't many alien buff housewives out there, heh. Well what can i say, I'm a special one.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Another piece of the puzzle.

President Bush has stated on numerous occasions lately of ending tyrrany in the world by spreading democracy.

I think this may tie into the larger picture somehow.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Hmm...for some reason, the fact that they're actually interviewing real UFO researchers worries me. Does anyone remember the hack job NOVA did on Budd Hopkins a few years back? Obviously don't the same to multpile researchers on ABC primetime would do even more damage.

Anyway, have you noticed how and the end of these debunking programs they always talk about SETI. It's like they're throwing us a bone...
"For all you nuts who want there to be real allien contact, there's the slim chance that we'll pick up a radio signal from space. But of course we'll never meet them and they'll never be able to come here. Because we say so..."

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   
well, if the Prophet of Yaweh didnt rack up so many points in a month, I might think him/her simply a hype man for ABC - or Jennings.. bringing it right to the desired audience.

but im sure everybody here is playing by the rules.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
What a coincidence they air the show on my birthday.I hope I get to see it.You people have some good theories.I hope it is to prepare us for disclosure but I think I solved the mystery.I think its a marketing ploy to hype up the war of the worlds movie coming out.Someone said abc is owned by disney and i believe disney is making war of the worlds.Just a thought hahaha

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drew Da General
I think its a marketing ploy to hype up the war of the worlds movie coming out.Someone said abc is owned by disney and i believe disney is making war of the worlds.Just a thought hahaha

Another good theory!
Now that you bring it up, I do have a question about the upcoming movie 'War of the Worlds'. I saw the trailer in the movie theater the other day, and at the end of the trailer it said on the screen "They're already here". What was the point of that? Could this film be more meaningful to the public than we think? The movie is being made by the #1 director and actor in Hollywood. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that phrase seemed to not make a lot of sense to me if they're just hyping a movie. Just a thought.

Peace

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
No Dr Love you are right.It is pretty weird how the slogan for that movie is "they're already here".Perhaps they are trying to imply something.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Maybe the government is finally ready to acknowledge the fact that it is very arrogant for us to believe that we are the only ones "out here".......

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Another good theory! Now that you bring it up, I do have a question about the upcoming movie 'War of the Worlds'. I saw the trailer in the movie theater the other day, and at the end of the trailer it said on the screen "They're already here". What was the point of that? Could this film be more meaningful to the public than we think? The movie is being made by the #1 director and actor in Hollywood. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but that phrase seemed to not make a lot of sense to me if they're just hyping a movie. Just a thought.

I wondered the same, as them "already being here" doesn't jive with the plot of the original, and by most accounts of critics, this was a pretty faithful adaptation of the book..... Still, I'm not so sure it ties into the Jennings special. The hype for the movie is a pretty good point though, and such things are hardly unprecedented.... The good news is, if it's hype for the movie, then it will likely be a lot less of a UFO slam-fest, so I'd actually take that as GOOD news, not bad.....

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
*********FROM STAN FRIEDMAN*********

I sent him an email, this is what he said about this ABC UFO Documentary:

The show will be on Thursday, Feb. 24. I was interviewed for it and so
were at least 100 others. Nobody seems to know just what approach will be taken. They spent a lot of money. I will watch with interest and concern.

Stan Friedman

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have stickynoted my tv to remind to watch this show.
I think ABC/Jennings are going to go with the neutral approach to the ufo phenomenon and basically just rehash alot we here already know. I don't expect anything new or disclosure to come from Jennings.

As for "They're already here" in physic Sylvia Browne's book Prophecy which I did a thread on, she stated that aliens are already here and integrated within our society, and in the public eye. She said disclosure will happen in 2020's I think.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
The real search for aliens will begin around 2012.

Aliens are here and visiting us often, but over the next ten years or so by 2015, their transports will be more frequent and visible and less likely to be dismissed by skeptics. Areas they land: Death Valley, the Mojave Desert, the oceans and they use the Bermuda Triangle vortex to go and come undetected.

2018, aliens who are already on earth, and those visiting will begin stepping forward and identifying themselves to various intl orgs, particulary the UN, NATO, Scotland Yard, NASA.
These aliens are men and women highly visible and respected in their various fields. One of them is a Nobel Prize winner.

We will greet their disclosure with disbelief, confusion and finally outrage. Eventually, thousand of aliens willingly will be quarantined/isolated in western Europe, where they undergo a battery of testing.

Early 2020's, we'll begin to accept the aliens and start working with them.
By 2060, alien visits will be as common as airliners flying around the country.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
It also makes me wonder if movies like 'Independence Day' and the upcoming 'War of the Worlds' are meant to plant a seed in the public's head that aliens are malevolent and mean to do us harm. For what reason, I'm not sure, but the government might know that they're gonna need the public's help when this all goes down.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
*********FROM STAN FRIEDMAN*********

I sent him an email, this is what he said about this ABC UFO Documentary:

The show will be on Thursday, Feb. 24. I was interviewed for it and so
were at least 100 others. Nobody seems to know just what approach will be taken. They spent a lot of money. I will watch with interest and concern.

Stan Friedman

That rocks!! That guy is so good and makes so much sense that of course they'll leave him on the cutting room floor.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So, we have replies from Disclosure Project people and Stan Friedman, both saying that they ahve been contacted and interviewed, but have been given no info on what exactly the special will cover. At least they are contacting some knowledgable people. I gues it comes down to what will make it to air.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes, Dr. Steven Greer and Stan Friedman were both interviewed for this ABC documentary back in July of 2004. Here is more of what Stan Friedman told me in an email I received today:

I was interviewed for well over an hour last July. We covered many
different points and I have no idea what they will use if anything.

STF

20 days and counting until we get to see if ABC is serious about the subject or not...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I haven't read all the replies, but I have been thinking that we are indeed getting primed for something...scientist are announcing that there was or is the probability of life on other planets...everything going on with mars at the moment.....I think it's part of getting people ready.....it's being done systematically.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You'll note that Stan also conceded he'd watch with "concern", I'm assuming because he's been burned in the past by some of these specials...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Yes, the History Channel has been a bitch when it comes to UFOs and ET shows. They're always so sceptic, and they don't present ALL the facts. This has made Friedman mad in the past. He wrote a letter to the History Channel which you can read on his web site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join