It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice. I need a little help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to ask, so mods please move this to the proper forum if needed.

I want to self publish an ebook. I've looked online on how about to do this. Every page I've read explains the basics. But I would like to hear from people that have done this and I would like to hear their experiences​, their expectations and what reality was.

I don't want to use my real name in the book. Both as the author and player.

If I sell one copy of my book, I feel that I have succeeded​. I just want to tell a story.

Thank you.
edit on 1-4-2017 by galaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

there is a member here who has a book published on amazon. You should consult with him. I will try to track him down for you. I think it was Missouriswamp something or other.

Oh I was wrong. Michiganswampbuck did a story online. I think it was TrueAmerican who published his book online.
edit on 4-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

i published a book using smashwords.

i wrote and edited it.
got a hold of someone via smashwords and sent it to them to format it. i uploaded it and that was it.
you can set your price. your book shows up in the barnes and noble store and the kobo stores among others....
i have since taken it down but it was easy.
you get an ISBN. its legit.

you can do it through amazon as well.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i could have formatted it myself but i wanted to make sure it was right so i paid the dude to do it. it was only $20. real easy

even if not formatted correctly you can still publish on smashwords but in order for it to be in the stores it has to be formatted a certain way. i didnt want to chance it.

i forget what percentage you get off each sale but it is pretty clear. i gave away several copies and sold a couple handfuls but never made any money.
money gets deposited every month.

i hope you do well but dont think youre gonna make a mint cause it probably wont happen of course you could be like e l james and make it huge.

i would recommend you get a piece of good cover art. it will make a difference. you want the book to look good on the site.

all in all very easy

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
Thats great advice. I hope OP is taking notes here.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Thank you for your input. I'm just at the beginning stages. I'm trying to figure out if I should write it in chronological order or just as a series of stories.

top topics

join