It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh My God, Look at Saturn's North Pole

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: gortex

So its a drain then, like a whirlpool?

I see floaters.

Those are alien cruise ships.
But I shall tell you what I see. The shell of Saturn is swept with the super sized storms that appear like Hurricanes, just like the shell of the Universe is swept with galaxies.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Happy April fool's Day !

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

These two natural color images from NASA's Cassini spacecraft show the changing appearance of Saturn's north polar region between 2012 and 2016.
Scientists are investigating potential causes for the change in color of the region inside the north-polar hexagon on Saturn. The color change is thought to be an effect of Saturn's seasons. In particular, the change from a bluish color to a more golden hue may be due to the increased production of photochemical hazes in the atmosphere as the north pole approaches summer solstice in May 2017.
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Groot

These two natural color images from NASA's Cassini spacecraft show the changing appearance of Saturn's north polar region between 2012 and 2016.
Scientists are investigating potential causes for the change in color of the region inside the north-polar hexagon on Saturn. The color change is thought to be an effect of Saturn's seasons. In particular, the change from a bluish color to a more golden hue may be due to the increased production of photochemical hazes in the atmosphere as the north pole approaches summer solstice in May 2017.
www.nasa.gov...

Yes, I already saw that. Can I not wish you a happy April Fool's Day?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
That hexagon is one of the most beautiful and mysterious things in the Solar System.

It's clearly visible in my infrared Cassini colour image which, I'm happy to anounce, will be the APOD picture in a couple of days: apod.nasa.gov...

The infrared view provide some extra detail of those spectacular clouds. I've just created this false-colour image from those recent shots of the hexagon:

edit on 2-4-2017 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
interesting photo definitely looks like a weird whirlpool or eye of a storm or something like that.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

That is impressive

Assuming NASA or whoever showed us the real image

Who do you believe now a days ?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: dragonridr

I know you mean well, but I can guarantee you cannot prove that.

It is really cool and fun though that people believe they know the makeup of planets and stars when they cannot even figure out the one they live on.

Yes, we do.

Fusion is an easy and simple subject when it comes to the process in a Sun.

Saturn cannot be turned into a Sun under any circumstance - The pressure, weight and makeup of Saturn itself is not enough to sustain any type of Fusion process.

While I am a person who says anything is possible, in Saturn's case, it is not.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Looks like a skiing tournament ground ready to go!

Hehe jk, looks amazing! But does look like is freaking cold there, with the color, is it safe to assume that?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Why is it blue, are those real color images and could it be ice/water that we see this blueish color?
Very sharp picture nice..

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
Why is it blue, are those real color images and could it be ice/water that we see this blueish color?

It's what they call a polar vortex. Each pole on Earth becomes one in Winter. The hot and cold convection currents fro. the mid latitudes separate from the pole, so it becomes an ixe vortex that gets increasingly colder and colder. The air just circulates round the pole at hurricane speeds.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I hope that in the future we can have space burrials.

I want to be laid to rest in there...or shot by a cannon into it...

edit on 4 2 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

Just throw a hydrogen bomb "match" big enough to ignite the thing.

It'll compress and make a little sun...or hell ball that'll burn out, irradiating everything in the outer solar system.

Its kind of like a doomsday machine waiting to explode.

A cosmic Ford Pinto gas tank.

edit on 4 2 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

Just throw a hydrogen bomb "match" big enough to ignite the thing.

It'll compress and make a little sun...or hell ball that'll burn out, irradiating everything in the outer solar system.

Its kind of like a doomsday machine waiting to explode.

A cosmic Ford Pinto gas tank.

impossible there just is not enough mass to sustain fusion. and you think a hydrogen bomb would ignite it? you do realize that huge asteroids hit it all the time which causes megaton explosions on the planet. In other words if it could happen it would have all ready.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

Saturn cannot be turned into a Sun under any circumstance - The pressure, weight and makeup of Saturn itself is not enough to sustain any type of Fusion process.

Heck Saturn's density is so low it would float in water if you had a massive cosmic bathtub.

Maybe something Like The Monoliths from 2010 could turn Saturn into a star. Anything is possible with million year old alien tech.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SolAquarius

Maybe something Like The Monoliths from 2010 could turn Saturn into a star. Anything is possible with million year old alien tech.

Indeed.

Reminds me of a Stargate SG-1 Episode when they show a future Earth with some pretty nasty bland people.

They increased the mass of Jupiter and then compressed it into a second Sun so the farming crops yield on Earth would increase massively...then they found out those people were making the Earth humans sterile over generations to gradually take there planet.

Maybe if we could tunnel a wormhole of some type connected to another sun and link it to Jupiter and transfer some extra fuel and mass over and use some type of Negative energy particle to compress the mass....

Yeah...but by itself at the levels we are and how we will be for generations, it's not possible and if we had the tech to do it we would be using interstellar travel to shuttle between systems for our colonies.

Might make for a cool science experiment though in millions of years time.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

It's blue because of the scattering of sunlight in its hydrogen atmosphere - pretty much the same mechanism as what gives us the blue sky.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I can see the Ty-D-bol (Tidy Bowl) Man in his boat!

Note: I think you need to be an American of a certain age to get that.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Does anyone remember Sleeper's comments on Saturn from many years ago?

He said if we were able to truly see Saturn from close up it would be the most awesome, wondrous, inexplicably beautiful sight in the solar system. Or, something to that effect.

Images of Saturn have always lacked detail and definition. Blurry, striated, like time-lapse photos that go on too long so everything mushes together.

This image more than hints at what must be a truly spectacular celestial orb.
edit on 4/3/2017 by 0001391 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

If you are interested in these magastructure concepts and the science behind them. I would highly recommend Isac Arthur's youtube channel. He covers many topics from blackhole starships to dysons swarms.

here is one of his videos on star lifting something that I didn't even know of as a concept until today.

edit on 3-4-2017 by SolAquarius because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join