It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STEPOSAURUS World’s largest dinosaur footprint discovered Down Under/and it’s as big as a man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Found among 21 different types of dino prints was a meter long footprint in the Gobi desert. All the dino prints were the most diverse array of dino "footprints" in the world.

It was found among an “unprecedented” 21 different types of dinosaur tracks and dwarfs a metre-long footprint discovered in the Gobi desert by a team of Japanese and Mongolian researchers.

Palaeontologists from the University of Queensland and James Cook University said their find was the most diverse array of dino footprints in the world.
www.thesun.co.uk...

These prints are the only confirmed evidence for a stegosaurs in OZ. These prints are among the largest track ever seen. These tracks were almost lost because of the region is a preferred site for natural gas processing.

He added: "Among the tracks is the only confirmed evidence for stegosaurs in Australia. There are also some of the largest dinosaur tracks ever recorded."

It was almost lost, with the Western Australian government in 2008 selecting the area as the preferred site for a massive liquid natural gas processing precinct.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Its a ROCK a reply to: seasonal

no food shortage for the cavemen and cave erm women

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Can you imagine how much food went down throat?

It would have been a site to see these things walking around. Must have been an awesome site.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
We know absolutely nothing really do we a reply to: seasonal

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
Its a ROCK a reply to: seasonal

no food shortage for the cavemen and cave erm women

Seems to me that a man would be like a cow eating a grasshopper. Cows do eat bugs you know. Even these vegetarian dinosaurs probably sucked up a few monkeys or humans in the trees.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Oh I would imagine they would swallow anything that fits in their huge mouth.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
That picture of the man laying inside the footprint is amazing!
Can you imagine jumping in a time machine and hoping out with them walking around!

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The three images in the link donna match the story. The first is vaguely 'like a print' if it wasn't outlined.

The second looks like two prints, one partially obscuring the other. The third is more 'real', but hard to determine if the animal momentarily stepped there or stood there for a while, making the 'impression' appear larger than the foot size.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Let alone how much the ground would shake when they lumbered around, it would be like a heavy train running by at full speed.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wonder what dinosaur tastes like? Maybe chicken? Maybe humans actually evolved from small raptor dinosaurs, we lost our tail though. Since we do not have a protein sugar profile similar to other animals, except for one monkey and a mouse, maybe our bird/reptilian like protein sugar is from something like a dinosaur. Also humans brains are wired like a bird but similar in structure to a pig.

So maybe humans were around back then, just not human looking at all.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

no dinasaur ate a hominid or monkey - but you knew that right ?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think climate change will encourage larger growth out of the species on earth. The warmer it gets, the more carbon that becomes available, which means more vegetation converting it to oxygen, which makes animalia larger.

Since the end of the last ice age humans have consistently gotten larger/taller. Its how the Earth self corrects. As the larger creatures and plants die, they lock carbon up into the soil.
edit on 3/27/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

no dinasaur ate a hominid or monkey - but you knew that right ?

From seeing pictures of carvings of rock and ancient drawings that looked like dinosaurs, I question if that is right. There are too many to discount them all. I actually think there were dinosaur like creatures they refer to as dragons within the last five thousand years too.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
I think climate change will encourage larger growth out of the species on earth. The warmer it gets, the more carbon that becomes available, which means more vegetation converting it to oxygen, which makes animalia larger.

Since the end of the last ice age humans have consistently gotten larger/taller. Its how the Earth self corrects. As the larger creatures and plants die, they lock carbon up into the soil.

Yeah, you should see the rats in our subway system. Big as cats....

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I wonder how climate change will affect electronics. The increased oxygen level would have to also create more static to deal with.

While pondering that I kept imagining dinosaurs with horns and spikes looking like tesla coils. Farfetched, but entertaining to think about.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

How do you BBQ that kind of beast? Or just a slice of it, a steak. The T-bone piece must be size of a house.

Some incredible challenges those times.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Can you imagine jumping in a time machine and hoping out with them walking around!

Hopefully you adjusted the flux capacitor appropriately on the time machine, so you wont travel back to point where you end up under one of those foot as its walking.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Well you also had giant mammals; pleistocene megafauna and then it was very cold.

But I rather think you would have just another mass extinction when global warming gets serious.
Then after god knows how many years (ten of thousands, a hundred of thousands or even longer?) when plants thrive again, then probably you would see new species emerging in a new world- that or who knows earth just becomes another Mars (most likely Mars was just like this planet).

So that's why it's kinda sad imo, god knows how long we could have got this stable climate, if we just where more cautious/careful, or maybe we get lucky with the help for example the quantum computer, which comes up with a solution.
Already countless of other species are dying out in a VERY short time period... don't think we are immune for the same fate at some point.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Pluginn

The megafauna were due to the lack of species to fill niches, combined with relatively higher O2 levels at the time. Think about it: how much more carbon was not locked away? Every generation of death, prior to us burning fossil fuels, locked that much more carbon away into the earth.

Im not entirely convinced that this is all that good, either. It has to cycle, right? Maybe that is our niche: carbon recycling. Who knows.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Looks to be part of the Titanosaur family.
I don't even think humans can comprehend what it would be like to feel so insignificant in the presence of something like this.
Can't help being reminded of the new Playstation VR game Robinson.
"The name of the game is lets not get squashed."

<<   2 >>

join