It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I have considered that Drake's career was given a boost due to social engineering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I feel like Drake put the last nail in the coffin of gangster rap and he may have had help with it. There are already theories that the FBI threatened NWA and Tupac.

In case you don't know, Drake is a rapper who is not very aggressive in his lyrics and real life.
edit on 25-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: More information

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DeezpokebawlzXL

He's not very good imo, he just kinda talks over beats, and his lyrics are simple and uninspired.

Gangster rap will live on without him.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeezpokebawlzXL
I feel like Drake put the last nail in the coffin of gangster rap and he may have had help with it. There are already theories that the FBI threatened NWA and Tupac.

In case you don't know, Drake is a rapper who is not very aggressive in his lyrics and real life.

Jewish was the correct answer your looking for

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

You almost got it right.

The social engineers use guys like "Drake" (aka Aubrey) to socially engineer the droves of people that clamor to the music with his name on it.

I say "music with his name on it" because not only does he not compose the music, he pays people for all of the lyrics too. He is nothing more than a performer, an actor (which is where he started his career)... kind of like Beyonce. These people are elevated to idol status, the people flock, and the engineers flow their message though them.

The model looks something like this: Disney. Funnel in talent. Develop a fanbase. Once fanbase is established, initiate agenda/message to masses. (Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus) Remember when those two were innocent and respectable? All a ploy to develop the fanbase.
edit on 26-3-2017 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

You almost got it right.

The social engineers use guys like "Drake" (aka Aubrey) to socially engineer the droves of people that clamor to the music with his name on it.

I say "music with his name on it" because not only does he not compose the music, he pays people for all of the lyrics too. He is nothing more than a performer, an actor (which is where he started his career)... kind of like Beyonce. These people are elevated to idol status, the people flock, and the engineers flow their message though them.

The model looks something like this: Disney. Funnel in talent. Develop a fanbase. Once fanbase is established, initiate agenda/message to masses. (Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus) Remember when those two were innocent and respectable? All a ploy to develop the fanbase.

The hype machine was in full effect before "his" first album was even released.
I remember hearing about how Drake was "the next big thing" before even listening to anything released.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yeah I mean there seems to be a correlation between socially positive music and drake but the third variable could just be social progress on the macro scale. In any case I was playing overwatch and drake was on in the background and I just couldn't play. That guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. A couple catchy songs but mostly just chalkboard scratching.

On another point of view it seems to me that aggressive music and violent media could be useful in venting pent up # but then could also fan the fire of aggression and violent ruminations. So which is it? I would say either depending on the person and circumstances.
edit on 26-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Hotline bling = worst song ever created by anyone. Ever.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Of course Drake is just a puppet, clearly he didn't get to the level he's at because of talent. I do like "One Dance" though, very catchy, not that Drake had anything to do with creating it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Freddie gibbs is stopping putting out music. In between arrests. So no gangster rap is not dead. Maybe it will just move off top 40.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyosaurus

Gangster rap IS dieing. They gangster rappers are gravitating to comedy movies. Ice cube, snoop, etc. those guys are silly(osaurus)
edit on 26-3-2017 by Idreamofme because: I cant spell worth s##t

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

Hotline bling = worst song ever created by anyone. Ever.

Well this all seems very clear cut to me because you know what they say about that hot line bling..

That can only mean one thing

Really though.. violent media is a big force in our society and I think it's unstable and unpredictable in its effects. The likes of Kanye and drake pushed 50 cent and even Eminem away from many peoples ears and club speakers. I don't mean to say that gangster rap isn't alive I just mean it's influence is weaker.

Im a big believer in the unconscious mind and unconscious bias. If you listen to songs every day about objectifying women and it even somewhat affects your own values or automatic thoughts that's too much.

edit on 26-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: Trying to balance genuineness with not getting too serious

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Are you secretly That Comic Book Guy off the Simpsons.
;

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Too late to edit. He is still putting out music. And if you have never heard of him he tells stories of his life, doing real #. And he is so talented. I saw him with madlib basically accapellaing the whole album( madlib would drop in for five seconds at a time to show they are still in sync with each other). I think he still just does gangster # for fun.

To the point of nwa... I mean they just wanted to be rich right? They won. Dr DRE sold some headphones and became the richest rapper ever. With a production company to boot. Ice cube is hallarious tho. Yea he is paid well more than me but doing Disney movies is a far walk from his roots.

But drake is a Disney production. It's more amazing to see how that group corners the market on the radio. But I don't know anyone who would call him a rapper.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
edit
edit on 26-3-2017 by mericks74 because: Accident don't feel like correcting

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Gangster rap was just a passing moment in rap. Those people were doing something they believed in... it was inspiring, exciting, new, a movement, dare i say it a cultural phenomenon. Young people coming up in the world have heard that and want to do something different. Sure gangster rap of the sound that you might love has had its day, maybe gangsters themselves have changed too? I know students have and rock music. But rap is still going strong! Just young people are doing different things. Look at ghostmane for instance - cool!

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I reckon hes got 1 good song and Rihanna carries him for most of it, the rest are complete tosh and he sounds terrible

edit on 26/3/2017 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Drake is absolute garbage, the fact that he is considered by some to be good at all is a horrible state for this place to be in.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Drake is a pop artist not a rapper, you should google rap cops, you will find that there's is a special unit of cops that follow rappers.

Oh and no ganster rap is not dead, its just not as popular these days.
edit on 26-3-2017 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join