It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey guys. Getting use to the icons and how this site works is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I basically came here because I make up a lot of conspiracy theories and sometimes it's good to see what other people are thinking. My favorite current idea is that the government monitors scientists and researchers who work on projects which could be converted to or developed into WMDs. It just seems odd that no significant WMDs have been developed in almost 100 years.

I have a few other theories that go into how long humans have been around vs how long we have supposedly had written language, how long it took us to go from pre industrial to post industrial. Basically possible archiological cover ups. Maybe there was a blip of hyper societal development thousands of years ago in part of the world and who knows what happened to those people.

I hope to find some interesting ideas on here.
edit on 24-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Tell us more later. Welcome to the world of possibilities.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What is a WMD?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DeezpokebawlzXL

It just seems odd that no significant WMDs have been developed in almost 100 years.

Yah, you make stuff up. All of the worlds most destructive weapons systems were developed in the last one hundred years.

But welcome anyway, we'll set you straight.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You must not have been around during the Bush administration to not know what a WMD is!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Refined sugar?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Ok so I google wmd and yes I was around during bush, but I live in a mostly peace loving country. We're you around for the SBTD
a reply to: darkbake

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

This is not quite a WMD but it is pretty cool...

ATS, Weaponry: The Navy's Giant New Electric Railgun.

Hope you enjoy your time here on ATS!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It just seems odd that no significant WMDs have been developed in almost 100 years.

Yah, you make stuff up. All of the worlds most destructive weapons systems were developed in the last one hundred years.

But welcome anyway, we'll set you straight.

What i mean is that the cat got out of the bag about nuclear weapons in the 40s and the H bomb was just an extension of that. I find it hard to believ that new domains of WMDs have not come about. I suspect that there are top secret bio weapons and also more explosives using our new developments in physics.

I shouldn't have said last 100 years. More like last 60 years.
edit on 24-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: Being specific

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I find it hard to believ that new domains of WMDs have not come about. I suspect that there are top secret bio weapons and also more explosives using our new developments in physics.

There are refinements to the machine gun, TNT, nuclear weapons (including Depleted Uranium) since they been invented, but really how much bigger destructive power do we need?

There are thousands of hydrogen bombs poised on rockets pointing at every major city on the planet.

The mind goes wink and shuts it out.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
So there are missile defense systems. It would be a good idea to come up with weapons that the enemy isn't ready for.

Nuclear weapons have a really negative stigma so it would be beneficial to develop weapons that could be deployed and not traced back.

I always look for a motive with my theories. There is plenty of reason to develop non nuclear weapons and keep them secret, and there has been much scientific development from physics to biology since the h bomb so I would expect that it had been done. Motive and opportunity.

*edit: the general population of the US these days is very soft win/win oriented so even in the most despirit of times I doubt the citizens of this democracy would stand behind a government that was dropping nukes. So it makes a lot of sense to develop other weapons that leave less evidence (plausible deniability).

edit on 24-3-2017 by DeezpokebawlzXL because: More detail

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

New weapons and weapons systems ave indeed been developed. But like in war the whole picture, including tactics, like surprise, attrition, infiltration and massive air strikes have to be used together in concert. Thats what war is. Not just any weapon system but all of them combined.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yes that's my understanding. These days there is great coordination and intel between the ground and air support.

Oh so I also believe that there are black ops economic warfare beyond just sanctions but I'll make a seperate thread for that.

Back to the topic what brought me here was that my friend was showing me a video of what was suppose to be an alien. My gut reaction was to doubt it and think it was silly but then I realized that I do believe there are aliens out there so maybe my beliefs deep down are not congruent with my day to day thoughts and reactions to conspiracy theories having to do with them. Made me think that I should come to terms with what I really believe about various conspiracy theories.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Made me think that I should come to terms with what I really believe about various conspiracy theories.

Stay tuned, you won't get any answers on the internet about that. Or rightly, there are millions of opinions, updated daily.

new topics

top topics

join