It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Minor" psychic abilities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Hey folks,

Just wondering if others have had similar experiences as myself with respect to what I would call 'minor' psychic abilities.

I'm going to use a recent example to describe this, as I find examples help, and then explain more what I mean. Before I do, let me say I don't claim to be a prophet or any such sort of 'visionary psychic'.

The recent event of a tsunami in Asia was particular odd for me. I was sitting on the couch watching TV, having put the laptop away for the night (my nightly ATS surfing and office email checking complete). For some reason much later on, I picked up the laptop for no reason (other than an overwhelming need to check the monitoring site) and visited one of the quake monitoring sites. I actually saw the earthquake that caused the tsunami reported shortly after it happened and well before any tsunami reports came in.

Now at first this might seem like a co-incidence, but this sorts of weird 'co-incidental' things happen to me *way* too often. I *constantly* experience deja-vu, check on the servers at the office only to find they just died seconds ago (I check before I get any of the failure alerts, and checking the server's isn't my job, so it's not a 'normal' thing for me to do). It's a constant parade of weirdness, almost like a 6th sense.

So first thing I'm wondering is, is this a common thing? I know when I was a child (years ago, but not full blown 'many-moons ago'
) I was very much into ESP (still am to some extent), Astral Projection, and always would try and communicate with friends via 'thinking about shapes', etc. Never conclusively managed anything, but it was a fascination. Lately I've been wondering if perhaps we should have kept it up, if this is some kind of weird, residual effect of that, or I'm just 'lucky', or it's just natural.

What do you guys think?

Osiris

[edit] darn, just realized, I may have just tossed this in the wrong thread, sorry if I did [/edit]

[edit on 1-2-2005 by otlg27]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I believe that our subconsious mind is becoming more active as time progress, for some unknown reason, whether were getting closer to the 2012 marking point, or whatever. Our mind is just becoming more active.

I know I don't have any psychic ability (i wish, someone wanna email me some instruction), but anyways, all I know is that i have an enchanced hearing sense, cuz i can hear electrical frequencies or noise produced by any machines.

Just recently about 1 - 2 years ago, I started to think of the possibility of human capabilities, went through this personality shift (destroyed all bad habits, my pride, and my ego) with new set of moral belief. But, in the end it was for the good, i just have to work on a little things. I learn the basic of channeling energy to a specific point in the body.

Anyways, i slowly became more aware and aware of my surrounding, then all of this crazy things happened to me, i had more frequent lucid dreams,

and i remember this one time when i couldn't cod this java program, so i decided to take a nap, during my nap, i was able to write a program in my head within 15 minutes, and when i woke up and typed in the code in the computer and bam, it worked perfectly, all 200 lines of code, which is amazing. I believed it was my subconsious mind coding it, for all i could do was what is seem like to "look through the window"

So basically I slowly progressing, which is good, cuz i feel like these abilities are gonna come in handy in the future.

I'm still fascinated in ESP, Astral Projection, Telekinesis, Healing, and etc. But, I have to wait til summer before I have time to do anything. Stupid SAT/ACT.

I believe that our so called "power", or past knowledge is unlocked when, when something tramatic trigger us. Deep inside, i know that the death of my pet bird cockatiel, is going to trigger me, but right now, i'm not allowing that to happen, so i'm holding back, cuz i love my bird, in a sense i consider him part of my family, like my brother.

[edit on 1-2-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Highly interesting! I believe that if you were to try some exercises nightly to enahnce and sharpen these skills that you might be pleasantly surprised by your results after a few months! Try it with a pack of playing cards, just trying to guess suits as you turn over each card. Look up some other techniques on the internet. And post here to tell me if your abilities have strengthened!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
If you are familiar with astral projection, then you can acquire many abilities - for example, it is possible to travel backwards in time in the astral world, it will not be accurate, however, reality is much like layers of an onion, and you can actually exist in different time zones. Additionally, you can easily walk through walls in your astral body, fly, levitate objects, shape-shift as well as manifest objects in the astral world.

The amazing thing is, all you have to do is imagine it, the only barrier that exists is that we are not able to consciously believe that we can do those things in the real world, however, when those barriers are no longer in existence, we are able to become anything that we want to, indeed, if you develop your abilities when you are still alive and with free-will, your self will be imprinted onto a higher plane, and you will be able to maintain those abilities in the astral planes after your physical body has separated from your astral body.

The way I see it, spend 30 years acquiring energy and meditating, and you can enjoy 30 000 years with a positive afterlife.

top topics

join