It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort denies links to Russia after FBI director's testimony

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
thehill.com...

President Trump’s former campaign chairman on Monday denied any ties to or contact with the Russian government after the FBI confirmed it is investigating Trump allies’ alleged links to Moscow. Paul Manafort said he “had no involvement” in Russia’s intervention in the 2016 presidential elections, including its email hacking of prominent Democratic groups and figures, and never spoke to Russian officials who claimed to be involved...

The former top Trump campaign aide broke a period of silence after FBI James Comey made the explosive revelation about the Russia inquiry earlier Monday while testifying before the House Intelligence Committee

"Despite the constant scrutiny and innuendo, there are no facts or evidence supporting these allegations, nor will there be," Manafort said, calling the story a "blatant attempt to discredit me and the legitimacy of the election of Donald Trump."

Paul Manafort, who resigned back in August over reports that he was set to receive millions from a Ukrainian pro-Russia party. Apparently this guy has a past working in such areas with connections to Moscow. At least he didn't receive a Russian friendship medal, slacker! In any case, he's back because there's some new documents released by a Ukrainian lawmaker showing Manafort laundering money from said party using offshore accounts in Belize and Kyrgyzstan. You can bet that Ukrainian's parties opposition released these new documents.

And now this,

Sen. Mark Warner: We have to talk to Paul Manafort

Virginia Sen. Mark Warner pledged on Tuesday that he would press President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort for answers. The Democratic senator and ranking member on the Senate intelligence committee said on CNN's Erin Burnett "OutFront" that allegations about Manafort's dealings in Ukraine and other open questions meant that the committee would speak with him as part of its probe into alleged Russian interference in the presidential campaigns and collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

It's amazing how many Russian connections we keep running into these days!

edit on 21-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If there are any english speaking russians on ats i would like to personally say "i'm sorry". Not all americans think yall are monsters. So apologies from me.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Are you implying I think all Russians are monsters? Either way, stop being so ignorant because that's an ignorant statement.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Mannafort, like most connected to Trump, is full of it. His connections to Moscow are obvious and egregious. I can't believe he thought he was going to skate by with no one noticing.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
If there are any english speaking russians on ats i would like to personally say "i'm sorry". Not all americans think yall are monsters. So apologies from me.

I second that.

Russia as a nation and the people of Russia have made an amazing transformation in the last 20 years.

America is much better off with Russia as a friend than the other way around.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
thehill.com...

President Trump’s former campaign chairman on Monday denied any ties to or contact with the Russian government after the FBI confirmed it is investigating Trump allies’ alleged links to Moscow. Paul Manafort said he “had no involvement” in Russia’s intervention in the 2016 presidential elections, including its email hacking of prominent Democratic groups and figures, and never spoke to Russian officials who claimed to be involved...

The former top Trump campaign aide broke a period of silence after FBI James Comey made the explosive revelation about the Russia inquiry earlier Monday while testifying before the House Intelligence Committee

"Despite the constant scrutiny and innuendo, there are no facts or evidence supporting these allegations, nor will there be," Manafort said, calling the story a "blatant attempt to discredit me and the legitimacy of the election of Donald Trump."

Paul Manafort, who resigned back in August over reports that he was set to receive millions from a Ukrainian pro-Russia party. Apparently this guy has a past working in such areas with connections to Moscow. At least he didn't receive a Russian friendship medal, slacker! In any case, he's back because there's some new documents released by a Ukrainian lawmaker showing Manafort laundering money from said party using offshore accounts in Belize and Kyrgyzstan. You can bet that Ukrainian's parties opposition released these new documents.

And now this,

Sen. Mark Warner: We have to talk to Paul Manafort

Virginia Sen. Mark Warner pledged on Tuesday that he would press President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort for answers. The Democratic senator and ranking member on the Senate intelligence committee said on CNN's Erin Burnett "OutFront" that allegations about Manafort's dealings in Ukraine and other open questions meant that the committee would speak with him as part of its probe into alleged Russian interference in the presidential campaigns and collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia.

It's amazing how many Russian connections we keep running into these days!

Some one knock deep in the conspiracy, denies being involved in said conspiracy..

Also breaking news , water is wet...

If trump didn't make a deal all of THESE (multiple) events being a coincidence has got to be as rare as a unicorn lol!!

The hilarious part to me is how all these conspiracy theorists , who were happy to believe literally ANYTHING about the clintons (up to and including them being interdiminsonal child rapists...im looking at you Alex Jones lmao).. can look at this mountain of totally unexplainable things and assume "nothing to see here..."

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: AJSuperFan1776
Mannafort, like most connected to Trump, is full of it. His connections to Moscow are obvious and egregious. I can't believe he thought he was going to skate by with no one noticing.

What "connections to Moscow"...?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Oh give me a break. Nobody is blaming the Russian people for anything. We're talking about Russian Oligarchs and Ex KGB and the corrupt super wealthy that control Russia and actually rule over the people there. I'm sure they dislike them as much as any of us or more.

We have nothing against the Russian people themselves. They're in no better position than most American Citizens. They're being ruled over by a small group of Super Wealthy douche bags that get rich off them. They have their power elite just like every other nation. Theirs can be quite brutal to it's citizens just like ours can be to ours.

Don't confuse who it is we're talking about.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Oh give me a break. Nobody is blaming the Russian people for anything. We're talking about Russian Oligarchs and Ex KGB and the corrupt super wealthy that control Russia and actually rule over the people there. I'm sure they dislike them as much as any of us or more.

We have nothing against the Russian people themselves. They're in no better position than most American Citizens. They're being ruled over by a small group of Super Wealthy douche bags that get rich off them. They have their power elite just like every other nation. Theirs can be quite brutal to it's citizens just like ours can be to ours.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme

I'm pretty sure you are the only one referring to any Russian as a monster...

Even if it is all true, Russia did exactly what they should have, exactly as we would do if given the chance to buy the next Russian president.

As an American who's loyalty should be to us , this would 100% fall at the feet of Trump.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Mannafort is huevos deep in this, his ties to the Russian Oligarch are well documented and have been reported.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Surprise , surprise the same people saying "look the FBI said Russia didn't hack our voting machines" as proof trump didn't make a deal with Russia , when no one ever even said the Russians hacked the voting machines..

Are the same ones pretending people are saying it is Russia's fault if trump commited treason...

Deflection and propaganda 101

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Even the russian powers that be wouldn't have been doing anything the we wouldn't have in their position...

This would fall squarely at the feet of Trump..

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
First the MSM tried to spin Manafort into being a Russian agent.

Then, when it is pointed out that he had ties to Ukraine and not to Russia, they take it one step further and insinuate that because the group in the Ukraine is pro separatist then that means pro Russian.

Meanwhile, the MSM never once calls into question the connection that HRC's campaign manager John Podesta has to Russia.

The double standard is 'yuge' if you ask me.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
First the MSM tried to spin Manafort into being a Russian agent.

Then, when it is pointed out that he had ties to Ukraine and not to Russia, they take it one step further and insinuate that because the group in the Ukraine is pro separatist then that means pro Russian.

Meanwhile, the MSM never once calls into question the connection that HRC's campaign manager John Podesta has to Russia.

The double standard is 'yuge' if you ask me.

He is connected to the pro Russian faction of Ukraine...

You now the one who wants to rejoin Russia..

www.politifact.com...

They didn't need to investigate podestas Russian ties, because podesta wasn't the guy Russia was trying to help win the presidency..

Pedestal didn't fire 2 guys once the press figured out they were tied to Russia.

Podesta didn't hire a Turkish agent as his military advisor..

Podesta didn't change the DNC party platform to help Russia...

Posestas top aids didn't lie to congress about shady Russian meetings..

The FBI is not investigating podesta for colluding with an opposing country to swing the US election..

edit on 21-3-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

No ones looking for another war, especially with Russia, whether cold or hot! I think I can safely say most, if not all Americans are war weary and do want anymore. So stop with the rhetoric.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

ATS lag is strong with this one. One day you may be a master.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

If Clinton became president maybe they would have or maybe they still will but the sitting president gets first priority.

Besides, Trump already promised he would lock her up so if there's anyone to blame it's Trump for not pushing that query. He's got Bannon, the ultimate right wing conspiracist BS artist in his ear, what's Bannon waiting for?

edit on 21-3-2017 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join