It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insulting The Prophet Mohammed, and Others

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Let me be the first... because I don't discriminate when it comes to my prophets, messiahs and saviors.
Superstition is for primitive fools and it's time to graduate from such nonsense.

Religion is manmade HOGWASH... it's HORSE MANURE. You fools believe any story that sounds good.
There is no God for starters... not a benevolent one, anyway.
No so-called "God" in its right mind would allow for the rape of infants and children in ANY culture for ANY reason.
The corruption of innocence and the overpowering of the weak serves no end purpose. It's unnecessary. It's childish at best, psychotic at worst.

For that matter, no God would allow a bunch of talking monkeys to have free will to begin with. It's a recipe for suffering.
If I am wrong, may God strike me down before the end of 2017. I fear no such, so-called "God." (Come, at me bro! Come at me!)

Same with your angels, demons, witches, shamans, bodhisattvas and all that other BS. You don't exist, therefore I am your God. You exist if I mentally allow you to. The simple truth is, humans lean towards feelings that can be repeated... such as a church visit, or inflicting abuse on someone else.... whatever gives them a sense of power or energy, much like rats to "coc" "aine", humans will repeatedly press the bar for the next treat. We are pleasure and power addicts by nature. Our mammalian and neo-cortex layers only cover the reptilian brain, it doesn't negate it.

Let's face it, most people are concerned only with their own survival, bankroll and personal power trips.
Those of us who have accepted our own mortality can already see past the BS of manipulating others to "get ahead"... get ahead of what? You're going to die, moron. Get over yourself. Get over your concept of souls, eternal life, eternal punishment and eternity itself. You're a walking corpse, I would advise you live life accordingly.

The only law is change, and that's only if there is enough physical matter to even make a difference in the grand scheme.
Everything else is but a wisp of smoke, nothing more than that.

My bottom line; Society is sick... even primitive cultures which we deem as "pure" have their own messed up rituals.
We are the walking dead. Yet, so many act as if the will live forever.

What a ship of fools... of mortal fools. No real power, only attitude.
As usual, I may respond or I may just see you next thread. =)

edit on 21-3-2017 by DeReK DaRkLy because: typing is hard

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DeReK DaRkLy

Main thread idea: Be a jerk to those who have a religion.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Feel better now?
So the point of your op was what again?

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Not sure I agree with every thing you said, but by god! (heehee) I will support your right to say it!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeReK DaRkLy

There is no God for starters...
Same with your angels, demons, witches, shamans, bodhisattvas and all that other BS. You don't exist,
Get over your concept of souls, eternal life, eternal punishment and eternity itself.

We are the walking dead. Yet, so many act as if the will live forever.

You make a lot of bold claims. you got some proof of these claims, or you just basing all this on your feelings?

(post by DeReK DaRkLy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You make a lot of bold claims. you got some proof of these claims, or you just basing all this on your feelings?

Check the forum, Mr. Scientific Method... this a rant. Have a clue, they're real tasty!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Check the forum, Mr. Scientific Method... this a rant. Have a clue, they're real tasty!

Ahh, so substance free nonsense / quasi religious yapping that is meant to only aire out your assumptions posed as some sort of fact.
well since its a rant forum.....

I am an agnostic/atheist.
I am also curious because I have firsthand experienced some events in my life that I nor others have been able to help me debunk.
I would suggest people who are immediately dismissive of things they never experienced before simply because it doesn't conform to their belief of the universe are absolutely no different than the most deluded cultist out there...a closed mind on either side of the spectrum is a void of intellect.

enjoy your rant.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

a closed mind on either side of the spectrum is a void of intellect.

I disagree... reaching conclusions is the final stage of intellectual maturity, IMO, not wallowing in the "what-ifs"...
But enjoy your own views as well. ;-)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Main thread idea: Be a jerk to those who have a religion.

Wonder of wonders, I agree with reldra AGAIN! You, OP, really have no idea of what you are talking about. Your reaction to religion is simplistic and superficial. You don't have a handle on reality any more than anyone else, and your need to lash out at religion says a whole lot about your level of maturity. There's more to this "religion thing" than you can see right now, and if you ever applied yourself to attempting to understand what the issues are, you might even learn something. And BTW I'm fine with insulting prophets. That part works for me.
edit on 3/21/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Do you feel better now?

Everyone is entitled to his/ her own opinion.

It is my opinion that you went on this rant as an attempt to get someone to argue with you because you are unhappy with yourself at this time and wish to take your frustrations out on someone by belittling their beliefs rather than looking yourself in the mirror and trying to understand yourself. Most people who rant and rave against the evils of religion or the stupidity of those who have religious beliefs are acting out due to mistreatment at some time in their lives by those claiming to be religious.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Careful there...or else it might snow black flakes in your bedroom. I try to not insult anyone's beliefs...

Today...I was speaking with a Muslim and a Christian....and Im just learning the Muslims have a general word respecting all religious beliefs for a "supreme being"...that offends no one, because it refers to THE Being in general...which I thought was cool. Not Allah, Jesus, Krishna, Jehovah....

Im learning a bit of Arabic for my job in Dearborn...and when I get it right, Ill pass it on here. And I think when you dont believe in any God or Gods....well...go BUILD ME A BIRD and make it fly...

Peace.....*As mentioned....no reply necessary or expected. Rant on brother...rant on

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

respecting all religious beliefs for a "supreme being"

The only thing supreme in this world is pizza, my friend. ;-)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It is my opinion that you went on this rant as an attempt to get someone to argue with you because you are unhappy with yourself at this time

Close.. but I really don't like what the human race has "accomplished" so I'm ranting about that.
I dig myself. More so than I dig the rest of you, anyway. Imagine that!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Your reaction to religion is simplistic and superficial.

As are all human endeavors.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Oh, by the way, dear God... Supreme Being with Anchovies...
If you won't take me out by the end of 2017, at least take out Glenn Danzig. I think we've all seen enough of that.

Now, let us PREY for our PROFITS...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Let's face it, most people are concerned only with their own survival, bankroll and personal power trips.

The simple truth is, humans lean towards feelings that can be repeated... such as inflicting abuse on someone else.... whatever gives them a sense of power or energy, much like rats to "coc" "aine", humans will repeatedly press the bar for the next treat. We are pleasure and power addicts by nature. Our mammalian and neo-cortex layers only cover the reptilian brain, it doesn't negate it.

How fitting

Abusing those you disagree with

Just another fundamentalist atheist preaching their faith on the net without the capacity to self reflect, ho hum

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Abusing those you disagree with

Another empty accusation. After 7 years on this site, I've come to expect little to nothing more. =)

Another snowflake who can't discern between a solid opinion and said "abuse".
Then again, I suppose snowflake is now an abusive word isn't it? Oopsie me... what a rugged man I be!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Attention.....

All rules for polite debate will be enforced. Rudeness and snark is not allowed.
Community Announcement re: Decorum
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
And yes, I think humans are fools, en masse... it's like a plague on the earth with little to no hope in sight.
I don't like people. It's not a reaction, it's a cultivated distaste. Especially (for example) many of you smokers, who flick your cigarette butts out of your car window like you own the deed to the Earth. Scumbags. Smoke 10 packs day starting now, please!! Rip off the filters! =)

That's right. Humans and your made up pantheon of gods.. big deal. Mammals gone wrong.

So righteous, yet so afraid, so warlike yet so vulnerable.
What a friggin mess. Opposable thumbs and flapping lips sure have sunk a lot of ships! Lmao.

You guys are so afraid of mortality but will think nothing of getting on an airplane for example.. LoL
(Whoa! Flying monkeys.. talk about tempting fate!)

And I don't care about your responses. Go ahead, yak it up. I do it too.
Just post away like any of it matters. =)

It doesn't matter. It will never matter. And I say that with much calm and acceptance.
The Buddhists didn't get it all wrong, after all. =D

Have I insulted your humanness?
It's okay.. have a McNugget and dip it three times.

And yes, I always feel better after a rant.
Why would you even ask that?

Oh yeah.. because monkeys.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join