It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Director Comey confirms probe on Russian meddling in US election and Trump Team links

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Gothmog

You did know that Comey answered 2 questions as no , right ?
Did the Russians influence the election in the 3 given states : no
Did the Russians influence the election process : no

Then I guess they're looking into other questions.

Should have ended there , but they have some very stupid folks digging trying to find anything

The investigation also has the chance of clearing Trump of any suspicion , important I'd assume given he's only been President a couple of months.

They have to try and preserve their precious Lefty Fascist Party and find some excuse for a Clinton loss Poor , poor Hillary .......

Yawn.

No soup for you....

It was Oxtail too !

Ooooh. I like oxtail soup. It has a real lot of flavor. I didn't get the oxtail with my half cow this year, although it might have been included in the soup bones packages. I ran out of soup bones already, it seems that I use those up quick.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Either Obama is an idiot, or the FBI is chasing ghosts. But you can't have to both ways.

Apparently they found time to locate Tom Brady's stolen superbowl shirt :

Tom Brady's stolen Super Bowl jerseys have been recovered

There are priorities ...

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
I like this one

11:03 AM: Schiff begins asking Comey to comment on Trump’s tweets alleging Obama ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower. Comey says there is no evidence to support Trump’s specific wording in those tweets.

no evidence to support Trump’s, "specific wording"

Damn I hate these people

Couple this with the quote above about "other forms of surveillance of Trump and his associates have not been ruled out."

It's very clear that they're using an absurdly specific definition of "wiretap" to claim that no wiretapping too place. I'll bet plenty of money that, by any reasonable person's definitions, Trump's conversations were being recorded, AKA 'wire-tapped.'

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I like this one

11:03 AM: Schiff begins asking Comey to comment on Trump’s tweets alleging Obama ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower. Comey says there is no evidence to support Trump’s specific wording in those tweets.

no evidence to support Trump’s, "specific wording"

Damn I hate these people

This is lawyer speak for "he was not wire tapped personally by Obama". Most ambiguous statement ever.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No. i think trump dont know what a wiretap actually is. He Is too out of touch with technology to know what he thinks is a wiretap. HE is stupid but id rather have him in there than that bitch hillary.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: odzeandennz

No. It was very illuminating in that it officially outed Trump as a liar about the wiretapping claim.

In this one situation, I honestly don't think it proves him a liar, as much as it proves him a naïve fool, who doesn't know enough to know how much he doesn't know.

He's impulsive, compulsive, and like a young teenager doesn't always have the mental development or emotional control to think through the consequences of his actions.

imo

Hmmm... Now what's worse Trump being a liar or Trump being what you just said? I don't think I'd like either answer...

I certainly didn't mean to imply he's not a liar!

Sorry. Sorry. Let's amend my question:
Liar, what you said, or all of the above? I think I just got a bit more depressed with that outcome...
edit on 20-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Earlier in the hearing, the chairman of the committee contradicted an assertion from Trump by saying that there had been no wiretap of Trump Tower. But Rep. Devin Nunes, a California Republican whose committee is one of several investigating, said that other forms of surveillance of Trump and his associates have not been ruled out.

hosted.ap.org...

However, it was also confirmed that Obama cannot order this kind of surveillance and that Obama nor the FBI asked British Intelligence for information.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

More like he just jumped the gun and made a bunch of idiotic tweets without thinking them through or verifying the claims internally first. Then when he got called on it he tried to move the goal posts back (hence the new claim that he used wiretap in quotes and really just mean surveillance in general).

PS: Hillary is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

He Is too out of touch with technology to know what he thinks is a wiretap.

Anybody who has watched a US cop show from the 70's or 80's knows what a wiretap is.
Donald did what Donald does , he misspoke.

The immediacy of twitter is the problem with twitter for a world leader , he should really step away from the keyboard.

Although I hope he doesn't because he will hang himself given enough rope.

edit on 20-3-2017 by gortex because: Yeah , spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

They were talking about FISA, not international surveillance.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Then when he got called on it he tried to move the goal posts back (hence the new claim that he used wiretap in quotes and really just mean surveillance in general)

These people must believe we are dumb enough to fall for such excuses. Spicer and Trump's supporters are making fools of themselves instead, because we're not buying the BS.
edit on 20-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

No. i think trump dont know what a wiretap actually is. He Is too out of touch with technology to know what he thinks is a wiretap. HE is stupid but id rather have him in there than that bitch hillary.

Trump always speaks to the public in broad and simple terms. Keep in mind the average American's IQ is 90 - 100.

Trump said he put wire taps in quotes for an important reason. The reason is that a more in depth explanation would be lost on most people.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Then when he got called on it he tried to move the goal posts back (hence the new claim that he used wiretap in quotes and really just mean surveillance in general)

These people must believe we are dumb enough to fall for such excuses. Spicer and Trump's supporters are making fools of themselves instead, because w're not buying the BS.

Okay then. What is your explanation for why Trump would take the time to put wire taps in quotes?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AutonomousMeatPuppet

Can you explain to me how Trump is talking something other than wiretapping with the following tweet?

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 4, 2017

It looks clear as day to me as to what he is talking about and why.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Lol.

And what exactly would you statists do if it were found the Russians did in fact hack the election?

Sue them?

Inquiring minds want to know. Start a war, o bastions of peace?

That's it, isn't it. You'd start WW3 because you lost an election.

You people are far more dangerous than the Russians ever could be.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutonomousMeatPuppet

originally posted by: introvert

These people must believe we are dumb enough to fall for such excuses. Spicer and Trump's supporters are making fools of themselves instead, because w're not buying the BS.

Okay then. What is your explanation for why Trump would take the time to put wire taps in quotes?

I'm not sure. Trump does many things that do not make sense.

For example: Why does a grown man that has been elected to one of the most powerful positions in the world go on twitter to complain about everything?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Holy strawman batman!

link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Lol.

And what exactly would you statists do if it were found the Russians did in fact hack the election?

Sue them?

Inquiring minds want to know. Start a war, o bastions of peace?

That's it, isn't it. You'd start WW3 because you lost an election.

You people are far more dangerous than the Russians ever could be.

No one is saying they hacked the election.

link   

Your specialty, I know.

How else would you care to deflect today?

Care to answer the question? What would you do?
edit on 3/20/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

Your specialty, I know.

How else would you care to deflect today?

Deflection? In the course of your first post you asked a hypothetical question and then assumed the answer for the people you were asking without giving them time to even answer. Then you ridiculed us for having this imaginary opinion. It's a textbook strawman.

Care to answer the question? What would you do?

Why should I since you seem to know so much about me already?
edit on 20-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join