It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really think the moon is a sphere?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Ever since 2003 or 2004, I have been in love with researching conspiracies and just reading about them for entertainment. I'm talking about every evening instead of watching tv or whatever it is people enjoy doing in their freetime, I was reading about all these mysterious topics. I'm sure most on this site would say something similar. But I never gave flat earth even a second thought. It's preposterous and not worth thinking about. About four months ago something just kind of clicked and I thought "hmmm, that's strange." So I started researching everyday like I always have but now it was all about flat earth. I eventually started to go on the offensive and started trying to debunk the globe earth and the universe as we know it. For the past month or so I have officially joined the FE team. I can't even say if flat is the correct description because I am still in my toddler years of understanding it. I can say though that the moon is definitely not a sphere.

The next time you have the opportunity to watch the moon rise, do so and take a picture if you can. Do the same when the moon is overhead and when it's setting as well. Then try to understand why we see the same face and features at every angle that it is viewed from. A tidally locked sphere will give us the same features if viewed at the same angle everytime but it's not possible to see the same features when viewed from multiple angles. When I watch the moon set from my house, someone in Australia is watching it rise but we both see the same features.

I don't think I can say the earth is flat with 100% certainty, but I can say the moon is not a sphere.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
I don't think I can say the earth is flat with 100% certainty, but I can say the moon is not a sphere.

And you would be wrong to say both of those. Neither is a *perfect* sphere, but for all intents and purposes, they're pretty damn close.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I gave you a star and flag just as a bravery award.

This should be interesting.

It is good sometimes to go right back to the roots and flat earth and hollow moon are as rooty as one can get.

P

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

I assume it is an Imperfect Sphere , but I can Only base that Opinion on the Information provided to me . For Instance , this Apollo 11 Photo ..........Is this Just a Hoaxed Perspective , or is it Real ?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Interesting perceptions.
What is the benefit of lying about the shape of planetoids 1 wonders?

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Just put a basketball about 20 feet in the air and try to observe the same face of it when you walk a circle around it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Enjoy!

Here's some perspective for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
oh cripes...

Not another one..

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I sense a Spherical Image here , or is it just a manipulated 2 Dimensional Image ?

edit on 14-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Do the same when the moon is overhead and when it's setting as well. Then try to understand why we see the same face and features at every angle that it is viewed from. A tidally locked sphere will give us the same features if viewed at the same angle everytime but it's not possible to see the same features when viewed from multiple angles.

Not following you.
Can you expound upon this?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The point is that picture is what everyone sees at all times and all places. That's not possible on a sphere.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

How about this Perspective ?

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The point is that picture is what everyone sees at all times and all places. That's not possible on a sphere.

Why not?
Try rotating that basketball at the same rate that you revolve around it.

edit on 3/14/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

O.K. So when the moon is up, a person in say LA should see a slightly different picture than a person viewing at the same time in New York City?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've seen the 3 dimensional shape of the moon clearly during blood moons/lunar eclipses.

Not sure if it's a prefect sphere but it's definitely a ball floating above our heads.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Ive never gone to deep into the flat earth thing partly because I know its nonsense and partly because some of it makes a lot of sense.
The flight path thing is a real doozy.

S&F for being brave enough to admit youre a Flat Earther, would love to see a thread on what you think is the most compelling evidence

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

The flight path thing is a real doozy.
What flight path thing?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What flight path thing?

They are referring to the orbit. You knew that but had to be painful.

Try rotating that basketball at the same rate that you revolve around it.

That is some trick that the moon has or is there a reason for such a perfect system. Almost seems designed to do that? Strange!

P

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

They are referring to the orbit. You knew that but had to be painful.
What does a flat Earth have to do with an orbit?

That is some trick that the moon has or is there a reason for such a perfect system.
Yes. It's called tidal locking. All of the large moons in the Solar System know the trick.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
In my opinion, you can't know anything is 100% true until you see it for yourself. Not NASA putting out pictures of this or that or via the ISS or anything like that, but you, your eyeballs. I haven't been to outer space, so I don't know if the Earth is a square or on top of a giant turtle with a flat moon floating by and I will most likely never know ¯_(ツ)_/¯
edit on 14-3-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2017 by DarkestConspiracyMoon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join