It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury convicts 2 of conspiracy in Oregon standoff at Malheur refuge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Finally some justice. I'm glad at least some of these degenerate criminals are getting some punishment for their armed takeover of a Wildlife Refuge. Two were convicted of conspiracy and two more for destruction of government property. They tried to claim that they were just protesting, but an armed takeover is not a protest, it's an act of revolution. I'm still disappointed that their leaders weren't convicted as well, but at least this is progress.

www.seattletimes.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Is this a joke? How much money was wasted 'persecuting' these _attention getters_?

Stung by their defeat in the Bundy trial, prosecutors hired an outside consultant to help with jury selection for the latest trial. Barrow and Knight emphasized to jurors that a conspiracy doesn’t require a formal or written agreement hashed out in secrecy.

How much more is gonna be spent 'taking care of them' while they're in jail?

Some *win*.

ETA:

Fish and Wildlife officials said the occupation cost the federal government $4.3 million, including restoration and other expenses.

edit on 1132017 by Snarl because: Ahhhhhahahahahahaha!!

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Um, didn't the feds try and steal their land in a giant land grab?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
Oh please if were a BLM,or Muslim "attention getters" that did the same,You would have a different tone..

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

They tried to claim that they were just protesting, but an armed takeover is not a protest, it's an act of revolution.

Over reactionary, Civil disobedience is a form of protest, not revolution. Go taze a grandpa for spitting on the sidewalk.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Yeah they shot the lead guy like a dog as an example

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: CB328

They tried to claim that they were just protesting, but an armed takeover is not a protest, it's an act of revolution.

Over reactionary, Civil disobedience is a form of protest, not revolution. Go taze a grandpa for spitting on the sidewalk.

so...you wouldn't mind all the black lives matter protesters to be armed?....

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Actually I agree with CB this time. Of course because they are "right wing" he is vehemently against them. Would you advocate the same for the pipeline protesters then? Remember they left several garbage trucks full of trash behind, including a few dogs. I'm guessing you'll find some sort of "difference" to make THOSE protesters justified in their social justice zeal.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: greydaze
Oh please if were a BLM,or Muslim "attention getters" that did the same,You would have a different tone..

My 'tone' is generally consistent: You want attention? Here's some grazing machine gun fire to help you clear up your decision making skills.

The government prosecuted the whole lot of this group. Why don't they prosecute all the BLMers and the Muslims. I fully believe in equality under the color of law. Don't you?

Haw-Haw

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Yeah they shot the lead guy like a dog as an example

That'll teach 'em to drive carefully. -snicker-

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: greydaze

right, but these men did not actually commit a single act of violence now, did they?? Nearly every BLM protest with over 50 people ends up with some white person being dragged and beaten, especially in an urban environment.

Lynching is ok when dark people do it to light people.

Mwahaha, the occupation of the wildlife refuge was a technical success then. Very few people were convicted of anything, although one hero lost his life during a roadside execution. When can we start occupying the IRS ??? Or can we burn it down and get a free pass if we scream "BLM!!!!" and beat up some of our fellow white people?? It should work right?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Is this a joke? How much money was wasted 'persecuting' these _attention getters_?

Stung by their defeat in the Bundy trial, prosecutors hired an outside consultant to help with jury selection for the latest trial. Barrow and Knight emphasized to jurors that a conspiracy doesn’t require a formal or written agreement hashed out in secrecy.

Some *win*.

ETA:

Fish and Wildlife officials said the occupation cost the federal government $4.3 million, including restoration and other expenses.

You know what wouldn't have caused any money to be wasted on the occupation?

If there hadn't been any occupation.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Some *win*.

ETA:

The Bundy Ranch was 'occupied' for a while. The government killed quite a few cattle too IIRC. I could have cared less if they got even by occupying some Fish and Wildlife building. Shoot, for 4.3 million dollars they could've built a whole new building and laid in a new road to boot.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When have Armed BLMtrs,or muslims taken over a government sanc for months?..And if they did they would be smoked out,and executed within days..And guaranteed You wouldn't have a prob with it..
He-Haw

edit on 11-3-2017 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Some *win*.

ETA:

The Bundy Ranch was 'occupied' for a while. The government killed quite a few cattle too IIRC. I could have cared less if they got even by occupying some Fish and Wildlife building. Shoot, for 4.3 million dollars they could've built a whole new building and laid in a new road to boot.

And I could care less that these asshats tried to "get even" and lost. Them's the breaks. Don't do # that requires a government response and then try to whine about the government responding. And lets not try to pretend the Oregon standoff happened because of the ranch standoff. It was because something else happened that they didn't like and they decided to do their "no step on snek....plz send snax" routine.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

The whole lot of 'em are a bunch of chuckle-heads. I don't care what they do to each other ... as long as my tax dollars aren't being 'blown' to perpetuate it.

Neither group has the balls to pull the trigger on the other. Neither group is worthy of respect. But ... I have hope.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Finally some justice.

How is it justice when 2 are convicted while the rest get off ?

If you wanted justice then everybody would have been given the same verdict

prosecutors hired an outside consultant to help with jury selection for the latest trial

What exactly does this mean ? They rigged the jury ?

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

The whole lot of 'em are a bunch of chuckle-heads. I don't care what they do to each other ... as long as my tax dollars aren't being 'blown' to perpetuate it.

Neither group has the balls to pull the trigger on the other. Neither group is worthy of respect. But ... I have hope.

And yet...you'll complain about the response and not the catalyst.

Whatevs man.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Everyone of them should have been charged with terrorism and sent to Gitmo for "enhanced interrogation". It's funny how these right wingers cry for the law to be followed until some nut from their party starts acting up.

posted on Mar, 11 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Um, no.

What started as a local protest over the imprisonment of the Hammonds (for arson) was usurped by the Bundites to promote their own agenda.

edit on 3/11/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join