It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW, what in tarnation is going on here. Most of you will get a kick out of this.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This is a warning.

As most of you guys know, i'm an Australian living in Australia.

But the F.B.I has just contacted me via email ( i know it's not really them ) but let me show you what i just received via email, BTW this landed in my INBOX......not the JUNK MAIL folder.

Here it is:

FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION WASHINGTON DC.

JAMES COMEY. (EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR FBI)

935 Pennsylvania Ave NW,Washington DC 20535 USA

Phone: +1 202-324-3000

Email: [email protected]

Dear Email Owner/Fund Beneficiary, Message From Federal Bureau of Investigation

How are you and your entire family, I hope you are all in a good present state of mind and health. In regard to the previous mail sent to you concerning your contract payment which was recently endorsed for disbursement by the United Bank For Africa, we were informed that from the records of the outstanding contractors/ beneficiaries, lottery winners, scam victims whom their fund is due for payment with the Federal Government of Nigeria under the present administration in Nigeria/AFRICA, your name and address were discovered to be next on the list of the outstanding contractors/beneficiaries who have not yet received their payment accordingly.

It might interest you to know that we have already contacted the new appointed UBA Director in charge of your payment in the person of the executive director of UBA (Dr. Kennedy Uzoka) and he assured us that as soon as his Bank hear or receive a mail from you they will start taking the next procedural steps regards to the release of your fund to you immediately.

We advise that you contact the UBA Executive Director immediately and ask that they attend to your payment file BEFORE THE DEAD LINE DATE. We have take out time in screening through this project as stipulated on our protocol of operation and have finally confirmed that your payment is 100% genuine and from all fact and of which you have the lawful right to claim your fund without any further delay via the office of the UBA DIRECTOR, Having said all this, we will further advise that you go ahead in dealing with the UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA accordingly as we will be monitoring all their services with you as well as your Correspondence at all level.

Note that the United Bank For Africa equally have their own protocol as stipulated in their banking operation, so we advise that you follow up their procedure as may be required from you as that will further hasten up the whole process regard to the release of your inheritance fund/overdue, compensation payment $10.000, 000.00USD (Ten Million United State Dollars) to you as instructed by the UN, IMF, F.B.I and Federal Government of Nigeria.

Also we want to use this opportunity to WARN you against some hoodlums/stupid folks that are impersonating my office and other government agencies for the purpose of extorting money from innocent CITIZENS like you. Be very vigilant and always forward to my office, any messages sent to you before replying to them so that we can confirm if it’s genuine or not. We are poised to taking this precaution so as to make sure you don't fall victim to those miscreants who are claiming to be who they are not, Like I told you before, we recently had a meeting with the Executive Director, UBA Bank prior to your case and they presented to us the real official contact information of the genuine United Bank for Africa (UBA) of which we have enclosed below for your observation and reference.

Director/CEO of UBA: Dr. Kennedy Uzoka

Office Address: UBA House,57 Marina,P.O. Box 2406,Lagos State,Nigeria

Postal Address of Headquarters: P .O. Box 2406, Marina, Lagos

Contact Email: ([email protected])or([email protected])

NOTE:

In your best interest, any message that doesn't come from the above official email address and phone numbers should not be replied to and should be disregarded accordingly for security reasons. The reason is because we received a fax today from the UBA Bank, stating that they have recently been informed through their under ground monitoring unit that some hoodlums are contacting you claiming to be from there Bank, just to collect money from you for no just course. Although, We have started our investigation on how to get this hoodlums and as well bring them to book and note that any information you send to us, will go along way in helping us track this fraudsters down. To this effect, we will like you to forward to us any of their contact information so as to enable us forward copy to all the relevant security agencies. Reconfirm your information details to the UBA DIRECTOR: Dr. Kennedy Uzoka via the above stated contact information. Your Fund ref number: 5763UBA13007AA16ZDX/NG.

Once again, we will advise that you contact the UBA Bank only with the above information as soon as you can because they have already started sorting our contract payments to serious clients and your case should not be exempted. This is all I can tell you for now until you have contacted them as directed. Like we also stated in the previous email which we sent to you, we will continue monitoring all the services of this project during and after your fund must have been routed to you as designated so you need nothing to worry about prior to that, All we just need from you is your utmost cooperation as it is our duty to protect your interest at all time.

Have a blessed day!

Best Regards

Mr. James Comey
Federal Bureau of Investigation

935 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20535
United States
Cc: CIA, Cc: INS

I know most of you will have a bit of a laugh at this, i did. At what lengths do these shifty little bastards go to in trying to bleed money out of what they believe to be stoopid people.
Sure, my family and i could do with some cash, but # me, this is desperate.

****** Beware of all emails**********

I have even had emails from friends on my list, that actually are not even them, arrived in my Inbox, not Junk Mail.

WTF. Thoughts ?
edit on 8/3/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Congratulations! Looks like your ship has come in

Edit: To add that yes, I was being sarcastic. This is a scam that will likely involve you being asked to send some 'good faith' money to a third party and well, that's really the only part of it.

edit on 8-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Nigeria, lottery, payments...

scam

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I do never trust random people sending emails about money for me.. but never say never.

It can be some hackers idea or a way to get your bank account. Very strange.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Yeah the Nigerian scam.

Spam it.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
When you have some time to kill, read this

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'd be careful with this. It doesn't sound legit to me.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thanks for the email addresses!! I now know what to use when I sign up to a website to read an article on S&M and what not! "UBA Director"... has a nice ring to it!

I wonder what they would think if I ordered a bunch of Ebola safe protective gear and ship it to Lagos? Prolly nothing!

A double-reverse troll on email scams! If I only cared enough to do that! LOL

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Its about as annoying as the craigslist people that text on your ad about sending you a certified check and when it clears your bank account their movers will be there to pick item up. Dont ever cash those checks, but it is fun to string them along for a while...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

$10 Mil is never legit.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth

I do never trust random people sending emails about money for me.. but never say never.

It can be some hackers idea or a way to get your bank account. Very strange.

Actually it IS some hackers idea to get your bank account or payment of some sort ..and its not strange at all...

OP, I would forward that email to the real James Comey ...I'm not saying he would prosecute though.. as far as he is concerned the scammer did not mean to commit fraud, so there is no crime.......

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington

Make some shelf space for that Nobel.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Somewhat more literate than most of them I get. I'm sure Comey says, "Have a blessed day!"

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You should head over to the nearest FBI office and demand payment, $20 bills in a brown paper bag.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Scamma-Lamma Ding Dong my friend.

On a good day I see about 5 of those BS emails...

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Yeah, i i know it's a scam, but if they really want my Account numbers, they can have the negative balance that comes with it......

***** Note*****

It could have had 12k in there yesterday, but the Secret Sound went off yesterday, i have updated that thread for all the members who chimed in on it over the last 18 months.

Bloody Breville Sandwich makers......

BTW, i was more alerted to the fact it bypassed my Junk Mail folder and landed directly into my Inbox.
edit on 8/3/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

So, you got a scam email claiming to be from the FBI and....you make an ATS thread about it?

smh.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Don't even reply to them, then they won't even know there is a living person behind the email address,

The dope who wrote the phishing email will sell the email address to the hackers online and spam you into a stupor, and if you shared the banking info with them they would then turn it into a spear phishing expedition and mess up your credit and anyone else's that is linked to it.

Don't play with these losers.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It may be from Comey but may not be legit.
Comey could be getting desperate.

posted on Mar, 8 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

So, you got a scam email claiming to be from the FBI and....you make an ATS thread about it?

smh.

As a WARNING, yes i did.

I also put it in Skunk Works.

And you replied.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join