It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AMERICAN HEALTHCARE ACT is Replacing the Affordable Care Act - aka Obamacare.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: carewemust
Thank you! I was hoping to read through this.

At 123 pages, even Nancy Pelosi will be able to read it BEFORE voting. No doubt she'll vote "NO"...but she's powerless this time around, thank God.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Kali74
I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in Feb. 2016... I've been unable to work since then. My FMLA has run out and it is unlikely that I will ever be able to return to work. Luckily, my state has amazing state healthcare that I really hope won't be effected by this nonsense, because I will literally die without it.

During my 1st treatment last year, I was put on 4 rounds of chemo... each round consisted of 3 days of infusion, the 1st day was 1 6 hour drip of Cisplatin and Etoposide plus steroids, anti-nausea drugs and the fluids the chemo had to drip through. Day one of each round was 30,000 dollars... not a typo. Can anyone tell me what a 14,000 dollar tax credit is supposed to do towards that?

Are/were you a smoker?

Do you breathe air and walk out in the open, because last time I checked, there is a chance of getting cancer from solar radiation and air borne particulates?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I am truly sorry to hear this. My family has far too much experience with lung cancer. Non-small cell to be more precise. The advances in the last decade have me hopeful. If I can pass on any experience or anything else, feel free to contact me.

I wont patronize you with platitudes. All the best.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I wonder what they plan to do with Obama's billion dollar website?

I found out last week that parts of the back-end of Healthcare.gov are already being disabled. The back-end is where actuaries, brokers, insurance personnel, etc.. log in to access and update information.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in Feb. 2016..

During my 1st treatment last year, I was put on 4 rounds of chemo... each round consisted of 3 days of infusion, the 1st day was 1 6 hour drip of Cisplatin and Etoposide plus steroids, anti-nausea drugs and the fluids the chemo had to drip through. Day one of each round was 30,000 dollars... not a typo. Can anyone tell me what a 14,000 dollar tax credit is supposed to do towards that?

Why are you asking about a $14,000 tax credit?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer in Feb. 2016... I've been unable to work since then. My FMLA has run out and it is unlikely that I will ever be able to return to work. Luckily, my state has amazing state healthcare that I really hope won't be effected by this nonsense, because I will literally die without it.

Are/were you a smoker?

#. You.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Thanks, really I just want people to have an accurate picture of what this can mean. It's easy to say well if had only worked hard or worked harder, you could afford...

Clearly that is untrue, well maybe if you're Donald Trump you can afford to get Cancer or any other life threatening illness.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Did you read the GOP link you provided?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

a reply to: Bone75

I didn't conveniently leave out anything and personal anecdotes can often make people think versus react. My story has been up on the boards for a while now, I wasn't hiding anything. Can you tell me, what exactly being protected from being denied insurance is going to do when one day of medical care can cost 30,000 dollars? What's the co-pay on that?

Did you see my last post before this one? What do you think about it a 30% surcharge for anyone that went longer than 63 days without healthcare?

Did you ever stop to think maybe they are charging 30k for a day treatment because they can, and have been getting it from Obamacare? Just like the cost of infant formula, when subsidized by the government the cost went so high that wage earners couldn't afford it. Greedy corporations will take every penny they can from the tax payers if govt programs are rigged in their favor.

Sounds like excessively charging the tax payers, it probably costs one tenth of what they currently charge. The government can easily step in with policy saying to these health providers, you will treat these patients and you will get paid fair market value.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Some of their proposals are pretty troubling. I took a look at some other news stories that reviewed them.

Now, I realize that my reaction here is because *I* have a dog in this fight, but I don't like the cutting back of the expansion of Medicare.

Around 20 million people who are now covered will not be covered. (here)

More troubling is the agency that states will be given here. Texas already has the highest maternal mortality rate in the United States and frankly I don't see Abbot and his team doing anything to change this.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

From your comment, it is abundantly clear you have not even taken the time to read the summary of the new plan before declaring it superior to the old one.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Are/were you a smoker?

#. You.

No thanks... I prefer the real thing.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Shame on you and the two people that starred your piece of %#%# post.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Medicine is always going to be very expensive.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

It's not a "Mandate", it's a 30% Penalty that levied against those who do not maintain continuous health insurance coverage.

Medicare works similarly...only worse. There are 3 (THREE) of them, and all 3 can be applied simultaneously!

Medicare Part-A/Part-B/Part-D Penalties Explained: www.medicaremadeclear.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Come on. No it's not a "mandate", you won't be penalized through your taxes but really it is... unless you don't want health insurance ever.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

It's not a "Mandate", it's a 30% Penalty that levied against those who do not maintain continuous health insurance coverage.

Face it... it's a mandate. The Republicans are bending over for the insurance companies just like the Democrats did.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

From your comment, it is abundantly clear you have not even taken the time to read the summary of the new plan before declaring it superior to the old one.

"Superior" is relative to the consumer in question. The VAST MAJORITY of Americans who now have ObamaCare, OR, who have to pay any of the 26 taxes/fees imposed on them by ObamaCare, will find American Healthcare Act and/or the lack of ObamaCare, to be SUPERIOR.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Come on. No it's not a "mandate", you won't be penalized through your taxes but really it is... unless you don't want health insurance ever.

You're right, Kali74. Those who don't enroll in health insurance, or Medicare, will never pay an enrollment penalty.

Thank goodness the days of being forced by our government to pay a 2.5% income penalty to the IRS, because we don't want to buy a health insurance plan, between the ages of 18 and 65, are almost behind us. FREEDOM is American and good!

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

A vast majority of Trump voters voted to repeal Obamacare but wanted to keep the Affordable Care Act. You'll have pardon me if I don't want to rely on the opinion of the consumer in question.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join