It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revised: What's your favorite horror movie thread.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
In the Mouth of Madness
Susperia
The Serpent and the Rainbow
Picnic at Hanging Rock
All great movies, as well as many others already mentioned!

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
In the Mouth of Madness
Picnic at Hanging Rock
!

Both underrated masterpieces.
'Videodrome' still holds up. That movie creeped me out.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Borat was definitely a shocking horror of a movie

I liked this one, i like lots of horrors but this one will affect sleep for a long time especially if you are a kid losing your teeth.

posted on Mar, 6 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

'Videodrome' still holds up. That movie creeped me out.

I've never seen it! I know which you're talking about though, read reviews and it always looked compelling. Will definitely watch now, thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm not too big on horror usually, but Suspiria is an exception. It's brilliant.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Gremlins is a scary flim or no?

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

Eh, some would classify it as "horror." I personally view it more as a comedy, but I am pretty sure if you were to buy it, it would be in the horror section

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadHerring
I'm not too big on horror usually, but Suspiria is an exception. It's brilliant.
I tried watching it years ago. I just couldn't really get into "Suspira." No offense, it's considered a horror classic, but it just wasn't for me. Thanks for the input.

edit on 7-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SpeakerofTruth

Perhaps I'm a little biased. It is my best friend's favorite movie after all. I wonder if I'd like it as much if I wasn't enthusiastically introduced to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadHerring

Well, like I said, it is considered a horror classic. You hear it typically mentioned along with "The Exorcist," "Omen" and "Amityville Horror." So, it's a movie considered good by most. Something about "Suspira" just never grabbed my interest... Maybe I should revisit it. It has been many years ago since I tried to watch it.
edit on 7-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The Blair Witch Project (while the film itself isnt great the viral marketing that built it up was awesome)

For me, this was fantastic for the following reasons....

Before it came out, there was a (bogus) documentary done on the Sci-Fi channel that delved into "the case" and treated it as if it were real. It was really a mockumentary before there was such a thing. Seeing this first, really made you think this whole deal was real....so when seeing it in the theater (the first day, so before the spoilers), it was a completely unique experience in terror, because we fell for it.

Only researching it after the movie, did I realize I'd been had...hehe.

I love horror movies though, and there are SO many good ones. Recently, Insidious has really impressed me.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Agree all around. I also thought Sinister was effectively horrific.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Yep, another good one.

I especially love Biblical horror movies though too, like the Omen, the Exorcist, etc. Seventh Sign was another underrated one.
I loved Prince of Darkness too (think that was the title, John Carpenter). Of course the Shining (though slow in the beginning), Poltergeist, etc.

The Ring and Ring Two really creeped me out also. Darkness Falls was excellent too. Kind of sci-fi, but I always see Event Horizon as a horror movie. Glad someone mentioned Mouth of Madness.
edit on 9-3-2017 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join