It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Avatars and Backgrounds and Colors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

No, Try again.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good insight Nightstar. It began with me and eventually, as I got somewhat better, it became the world so didn't change it. No way to express my absolute despair for the world. But still, I do need something more upbeat just because it may effect me in some way.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
double....my bad
edit on 2-3-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Nice topic! I do love the avatars used on this site and tend to have a minor freakout when someone changes theirs up and I have to look at their name to figure out who they are lol

As for mine, I really love it because it's kind of personal. The elf part not so much personal but because I love elves and have had a few people tell me I resemble one, which at first I didn't know how to take lol.

The personal side comes from a dream I had two weeks before finding out I was pregnant. I was silently speed-flying through "space" chasing a little ball of light, popping in and out of invisible barriers until I stopped in the dark and woke up. The dream was just so strange and has really stuck with me so I provided a couple pics I liked to the amazing artists here on ATS and they created my lovely elven lady holding the ball of light. I love it and can't bring myself to change it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

I love your avatar! It would look great as a book cover. Inspiring!

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I say do it! Find something that inspires you or makes you smile whenever you look at it.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

My Elven Sister, I have always loved your avatar and the enchanting background!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
a reply to: savemebarry

No, Try again.

Bob. I bet it's Bob.

I've always thought Bob was the devil.

You see, B + O + B = 2 + 15 (+1 as there is only 1 name in Bob) + 2

2+15 (+1) +2 = 20

20 is associated as the numberer of the devil.

The German theologian and mystic, Jacob Boehme described the number 20 as “belonging to the Devil”

J. Boehme calls this number "the Devil", that is to say the material world opposed to the spiritual world.

And given that your join date is 5-11-2014 which adds up to 14 and renders to 5, and the repetition of the number 4 in that sequence, equates to 4 x 5, also 20, thus I conclude your name is indeed Bob.

Hey Bob !!

Or should I say, Hail Bobtanas.. Oo

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

When my daughter was not well, she enjoyed helping me choose and create avatars. It was fun for us and she expressed herself through my pics. As time has gone on, she has not felt the urge as often (to participate in the process) although, they both (my daughters) comment and give approval or not for my selections. For some time, the woman or the birds or both were in cages and that time has passed so...

I change it quite frequently (I think) and the change, usually, depends on mood or if I find a picture that I love and want to look at for awhile.

The theme will almost always involve a woman, not only because I am a woman ( I have quite a few times been mistaken for a man on ATS-no I am NOT anti-man) and am raising two women but, women are...well...beautiful to me. I have a life long affection for birds (even the ones that crap on my car!) and their freedom of movement and their song. The woods and nature are where I would prefer to be all of the time but, alas, work and home call and we can't play all of the time. Pfft!

I like the new avatar length in that it allows one to expand on their 'theme', whatever it may be, and instead of trying to fit it all inside a small box...one can now lengthen the story or have a bigger canvas in which to express that story.

Good topic Buzzy and I hope some of what I've written makes sense to you.

P.S. Wanted to add that I look at folks avatars also. I wonder why they chose what they did (If it's not obvious like politically motivated or a selfie)
I don't often view ATS on my phone (only to read if I do) and am usually on a computer so I see the avatars and associate them with the person not even seeing the name. Likewise on the phone, I can recall the last avatar when I see the name. It's a natural association, to me, to equate the post with a picture in my mind of the member.
edit on 3-3-2017 by TNMockingbird because: P.S.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
My avatar , i have had several since joining ATS and pretty much all of them revolve around Australias amazing critters such as the one below .

Why did i settle on a redback , honestly dont know , perhaps because kangaroo avaters were all taken up .

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My avatar reveals
1) That I don't have the youth obsession with avatars
2) That I never got around to mastering the technology of "uploading images".

My background reveals, in the first instance, that I want to be able to read my stats.
I created it because the stats, in their default colour, were very difficult to see against the default background of the time. I was particularly interested in the number of posts, because in those days members with more posts were able to post larger threads. I was writing threads on Revelation, and I needed to see how close I was to adding another thousand characters to my allowance.
So I lashed out 200 points on acquiring this background. Worth every point.

I also think it's a nice peaceful, relaxing colour. I well remember the garish light blue of the mystical monist who was one of my more irritating antagonists.

edit on 3-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

I have 30 rotating avatars based on how I feel that day or week, subject of the thread, my mood.. whatever. Some created, some downloaded, some I took, family, pets... etc.

I am more than 1 thing, and my moods and contributions change constantly as well. You personally speak of a lot of thought into one... If only one totally represents you? Fine... but as you check your thread replies here over the next few days... I will change mine every day or so... so you can see my point...

But that's just me...

MS
edit on 3-3-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'm glad you love it! I've always loved seeing yours too, she brings a smile to my face even though she doesn't look too happy.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

the card shows his title as Engineering Section Head/Industrial Division (LearJet).

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I have several dozen I've used over the years. I change them out as it suits my mood or taste. You'll see them change from time to time.

Also, I really like your current steampunk one. It's one of my favorites.

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I've gone through many different phases for my avatars.
Right now I have a series of three Oriental-themed avatars done by blend57.

My most recent avatars feature flowers, living things, and are often soothing.

I also have featured Emily, our dear-departed Husky.
And David Bowie.

I do holidays.....especially Halloween, Christmas and Valentines.

Nice thread Buzzy, thanks!

posted on Mar, 3 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Thanks BW! I recently grabbed 6-7 new steam punkers...and since you mentioned it....Ill rotate them this week!*

*PS On the side chance one may think having many instead of just one indicates a fractured identity-crisis? Ive been in bands my whole life and am fully aware of building on one name and creating a fan base as that band's reputation grows...

I just personally like to rotate my avatars!

Peace out..476 Clear......................

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join