It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was afraid to watch tonight presidential address

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
But I ended up feeling very good about it. Actually surprised at the quality of the speech and his presentation.
Disappointed to see Dems continuing to sit though an occasional dem stood esp when he was talking about American workers.

Some things everyone stood cause how could they not, albeit reluctantly.

Pleased to see so much smiling and near the end, even Democrats were standing.
edit on 28-2-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2017 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

I completely agree, and I was pretty dismayed that the Democrats were not budging from their seats. I cant imagine them not wanting what he hopes to accomplish. They showed little to no respect, and an unwillingness to work with him. So Sad.

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The Dems are missing the train. It's going to forge ahead without them. Trump was stellar tonight.

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When trump talked about obamacare they gave him a thumbs down on camera like it was a game show. Lol the american people witnessed all the nonsense!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
When trump talked about obamacare they gave him a thumbs down on camera like it was a game show. Lol the american people witnessed all the nonsense!

That is exactly what its all become

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: digital01anarchy

Glad I didn't see that. Thought he was right on with ambitions for healthcare. Still think many Dems came around in the end tho maybe reluctantly.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Thought he was right on with ambitions for healthcare

Yep, he reiterated the goal and implementation of the ACA. Incredible!

I found the tiny sound bites and pauses, waiting for constant applause, and the obligatory Republicans standing and sitting distracting, annoying and self-aggrandizing.

edit on 28-2-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I thought it was a good speech. Now if he can keep his fingers off of twitter he may be all right.

The Republicans tend to look way healthier, they got lots of exercise tonight, the Democrats now need to go home and get on their treadmills for an hour so they don't get fat.

McCain even seemed to be smiling a bit tonight, Trumps defensive tactics against the Trolls has been dominating everything lately. Lets see what twisting of this speech is done by those who hate Trump.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Yes, I have to agree with you. Don't recall so many smile in other speeches. A pat on the back but is there a pat on the president's back behind the cameras

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I thought it was a good speech. Now if he can keep his fingers off of twitter he may be all right

oh that aint happening

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Like a Boss. Like a Boss that cares.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy

Obama care is flawed, it needs to be fixed or replaced. But we do need to get something in place before tossing Obamacare out. Obamacare gave the Physicians and medical industry an open checkbook, that was wrong. They are now torturing all the people they once threw to the side because they ran out of money. Some of these people were better off without constantly going for tests and treatments that actually have severe side effects. I know from personal experience that having really good insurance makes many doctors and associated therapy organizations into vultures. I still have decent insurance but now try to stay away from doctors unless I need to go. I don't care if we have to pay premiums and don't use the insurance.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Glad to hear it.
We are all on this red,white,black,and blue
boat together.

Blessings to You.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

WE the People WILL make OUR Country Great Again. All those opposed will play their childish games and ultimately cull themselves into the dustbin of History during the next voting cycle. Nancy "Sh*thouse Rat" Pelosi and Elizabeth "Finger in the Dyke" Warren were completely lost Everytime the camera stumbled across their lifeless corpses. Was Hillaryarious watching the Libtards monkey see monkey do each other the whole time to see when to stand up or not. Worthless human detritus who can't even follow much less lead. They can all sit back and drink their latte whilst we go to work.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The Dems lost tonight not by sitting over bipartisan differences but rather, sitting on good points about all American people and things which would be good for all of us.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The smile you saw on McCain I saw as a bit of a smirk. Not often we disagree.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
The Dems are missing the train. It's going to forge ahead without them. Trump was stellar tonight.

Ohhhh, hello.

First time I've seen that pic.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Trump actually did pretty good, mainly by not acting like himself. As long as someone else writes the speech and he reads it off of a teleprompter, he doesn't seem as unhinged.

I can see it working as long as they keep cutting it into short sound bites with everyone ordered to clap after each one, like tonight.

There wasn't any details about anything at all, but I really don't expect well thought out plans from this admin.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Trump actually did pretty good, mainly by not acting like himself. As long as someone else writes the speech and he reads it off of a teleprompter, he doesn't seem as unhinged.

I can see it working as long as they keep cutting it into short sound bites with everyone ordered to clap after each one, like tonight.

There wasn't any details about anything at all, but I really don't expect well thought out plans from this admin.

well its not really possible to go into the details. i mean you could but whats the point? it would just bore the viewers and would take hours to get through one thing. speeches are for broad strokes in most cases

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I just remembered the ridicilous thread about the witches vs christian prayers. I guess the "attack" was repelled? I'm curious what they come up with next. Like i said nothing is going to happen and what a shocker it didn't. I hope everybody is fine though but the backlash wasn't severe i guess.

The Trump speech was pretty good and on point. The Dems really need to get their # together because the attempts to protest were all pathetic. They don't act like adults at all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join