It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHORT STORY WRITERS CONTEST for March 2017 - [WINNERS LISTED]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wow!! This has been a great contest. Thanks to AugustusMasonicus for heightening my awareness.

I don't think I've read one yet that wasn't multi-flag worthy. So sorry I have but one to give.

Cheers all!!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hey Snarl! Good to see you here!

I'm trying to get through all the stories. They are GOOD!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Does the voting that matters take place after the 23rd?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
Does the voting that matters take place after the 23rd?

Hi shred,
The votes are cast by Flagging and/or Starring your favourite story or stories.
This can be done at any time before the contest is complete.
(Flags are worth 2 points, Stars in the initial story post are worth 1 point, subsequent stars for additional story posts are worth 0.5 points.)

Many writers don't like reading the other stories before completing their own entry (in case they are influenced OR PUT OFF!! by them) so we allow an "extra" week for reading and voting, after closing the contest to new entries.
The contest is closed to new entries on 23rd March, and we will accept stars and flags as votes for the entries up until 30th March (which is one week later).

Here are the relevant parts of the OP for clarification:

The contest will run from NOW to Thurs 23rd March 2017. (Any submissions after that date will be disqualified.) A period of ONE WEEK after the closing of the contest will be provided for voting.

Flags will be worth 2 points each. Stars will be worth 1 point each. *Stars for subsequent posts (ie. additions to the story after the initial story post) will be worth .5 stars.

kindest regards,
G
edit on 14-3-2017 by Gordi The Drummer because: grammar

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

ok thanks Gord, so the stories already posted are already accumulating the flags and stars needed to determine rank?

sorry if I am being slow...I have my moments......
edit on 14-3-2017 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
ok thanks Gord, so the stories already posted are already accumulating the flags and stars needed to determine rank?
sorry if I am being slow...I have my moments......

They are indeed already accumulating points.

Moments? No, don't worry about that!! It's probably just the way I worded the OP!!
(It's hard to cover all the bases clearly in an OP that is simple and short enough for everyone to read properly!! - That's why I'm around here when I can be, to answer any queries... and new ones do crop up all the time!)

Thank You for the query, it will help me to make the next OP a wee bit clearer!

kindest regards,
G

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Muchas Gracias Gordito

So I better get my sheeit together and finish my silly story if I want a chance at winning.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yup...or casually slip me a wad of cash in the Shed canteen!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I casually slip a wad of two dollar bills, a Canadien quarter, two wheat pennies, and a tiny meteorite that blasted through the driver's side window of my 1995 Honda Accord and wrapped itself in molten glass during the 2005 Leonids (pause for breath... fffF haaa...) into the Shed canteen.

I turn to walk away when a mind spark, not dissimilar to the kind that nearly explodes the brains of every anime character who ever sensed a large power source, stops me in my tracks.

(A breeze turns into a wild wind in order to dramatically maintain the energy in the scene for those with a touch of the ADHD.)

And then silence.

"What am I thinking? Am I crazy?"

I turn back towards the canteen. I fiddle around until I finally extract...

!

!

!

The Canadien quarter.

Then I run out before anyone can see me.

edit on 3/14/2017 by TarzanBeta because: I casually slip back in whistling in order to correct my thought grammar.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

I fiddle around until I finally extract...The Canadien quarter.

Then I run out before anyone can see me.

jacy runs into Shed canteen, pushes TarzanBeta to the floor and steals Canadian quarter...runs into Tim Horton's to buy donut.

Sorry friend.
All is fair in love and donuts.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Noooo! What're yu ahn aboot?

Oh well.

Sulks out of the canteen, not even acknowledging the dirt all over his suit or the blood running into his eye from his forehead, mixed with tears of disappointment, running down his neck and down his body, staining his last nice shirt, which he foolishly wore to perform a stealth operation.

"I'll get another Canadien quarter if it's the LAST THING I DO!"

Walks into an Upstate New York McDonald's and purchases a meal in order to certainly protract some form of Canadien currency.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Oops, I'm so sorry! *applies hankie to head wound*

I was only coming in here to remind people to vote, lol...and I couldn't resist the opportunity.
You should come play in The Shed. Apart from the random acts of violence, it's mostly fun.

Hey, while you're there could you grab me a Happy Meal please?
*dabs club soda on stained shirt*

I don't think anyone will notice.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

That's what I was doing. I was hoping to be clever instead of asking outright for people to read my piece.

And thanks. For cleaning my shirt, here's a Chicken Sandwich, a medium fry, and a medium Sprite.

Not giving caffeine to those with enough energy to make me bleed, though.

Oh my goodness. So I went back and grabbed you a Happy Meal, too.

I think it's one of those toys that has to be assembled, though... It's some alien with a bo-stick. I didn't know what else to do.

Since I got you the chicken sandwich, I went ahead and got the burger this time. You'll have to pull off the pickles, though.
edit on 3/15/2017 by TarzanBeta because: I almost forgot.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

*sluuuurp*
Thank you, very considerate of you!

Yeah, I don't know about those toys...I try to put them together but always have pieces left over.

There's nothing wrong with *bumping* your story...in fact, I'm going to go find it and bring it back to the 'recent' page now. See? I'm always grateful for food, lol.
(plus when Gordi sees us chatting and eating in this thread he will likely yell at us, and with his Scottish accent, sometimes I misunderstand and just cry!)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Marty walks in and looks at the carnage.

Eh, this wasn't bad at all, Marty shugs as she sprinkles some pixie dust in the air and
*flippoof
edit on 3/15/2017 by Martin75 because: It's my party I will cry if I want to

ETA: Shamelessly bumping my story

edit on 3/15/2017 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

Marty walks in and looks at the carnage.

I KNEW he had spies in here!

*pretends to mop up mess*

Just supporting my fellow writers...nothing to see here folks...move along...
(and don't forget to S&F the non-writer writers!!)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
...now where did I put my tool bag? It looks like I need to build a "Naughty Step"!!! LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
BUMP!

Oops! I just, um, accidentally bumped my story!

Truly, it is languishing out there, all alone... *snif*

even more shameless bump of story...plus begging...PLEASE...come read me...just. click. the. link...

*ahem*

Did I say that out loud? Aha... *blushes and leaves quickly*

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Thank you for all the hard (and tedious) work
for this contest guys!

So many entries...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Nice. Honestly, I wish we could all share our stories and have them be collected and read in one thread that would be posted and reposted so that they would all have the same exposure.

But, if anyone would like to visit my little fictitious story I will leave a link.

Lead me to death

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join