It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Influenza 2017

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just getting over a bout of Influenza b. This was without a doubt the worst flu I have ever suffered. All organs affected it seems. Massive dehydration as well. Still coughing a bit of bloody phlegm and so on. This is day 9 for me. At the moment in my team of 14 people we have 7 that have either had it or are having it. Be safe and keep those hands washed kids. There is some nasty germs this year.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Feel better and so sorry. Influenza A ran through the community here and seems to be back for round two.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Yup, this year has been the worst. I got big time. I couldn't even tell you what year it was when I had a few weeks ago. Coworker fell down stairs from the bug, been working a whole lot of overtime and weekends from just so many people having it. So much for the flu shot this season

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Sorry to hear. Later this year you may consider getting a flu Jab but that is a lottery. I worry about h next influenza pandemic...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've not had a flu jab in some ten years, but I did get the flu a few years back. Only time I've gotten it since I was a kid, when I got my jabs every year.

Here's hoping it doesn't find its way around here... but a source in the medical field says it's full blown right now.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tiger5

Sorry to hear. Later this year you may consider getting a flu Jab but that is a lottery. I worry about h next influenza pandemic...

You can't make a vaccine for a virus that hasn't developed yet. Vaccines are made from existing viruses, and even then they can mutate.

You would likely have a better chance at immunity from the exposure you have with those that have been victims of the virus in your own community.

The flu vaccine is always a hit or miss, I personally think it is a pharmaceutical rip off.

I know. Like a-holes, will all have one.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You can't make a vaccine for a virus that hasn't developed yet. Vaccines are made from existing viruses, and even then they can mutate.

You would likely have a better chance at immunity from the exposure you have with those that have been victims of the virus in your own community.

The flu vaccine is always a hit or miss, I personally think it is a pharmaceutical rip off.

Well they only choose three strains anyway. If they get the right strains they can contain the genetic material that has a lot of the new strain so it is a chance. Any chance is better than no chance - IMO
edit on 28-2-2017 by Tiger5 because: edit

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Well they only choose three strains anyway. If they get the right strains they can contain the genetic material that has a lot of the new strain so it is a chance. Any chance is better than no chance - IMO

It depends on what you are betting on.

The disease you might get if you don't take the vaccine, or on of the fifty + side effects that you are guaranteed to get if you take the vaccine.

Everyone's odds are different, but after losing the use of my left arm for almost 6 weeks after taking my last vaccine, my doctor and I have decided that no vaccines is the best choice for me.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
On the news they say that the vaccines are a good match for the outbreak this year. Yet, there are a lot of people everywhere getting the flu this year, vaccinated or unvaccinated doesn't seem to make any difference either.

So if almost the same percentage of vaccinated get it as unvaccinated, how is it a good match?

I can't figure out how they lie so fluently. The press doesn't even check if it is true, they just parrot what they are told.

The devil would have you believe a lie.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I can't figure out how they lie so fluently. The press doesn't even check if it is true, they just parrot what they are told.

Because we have a history of being good little Doobees and believing whatever they tell us, even when commonsense tells you otherwise.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
On the news they say that the vaccines are a good match for the outbreak this year. Yet, there are a lot of people everywhere getting the flu this year, vaccinated or unvaccinated doesn't seem to make any difference either.

So if almost the same percentage of vaccinated get it as unvaccinated, how is it a good match?

geez.....maybe it's a different strain...maybe it's something that hasn't been discovered yet......what the hell do you expect the media to check if the medical establishment can't get a handle on it.....to blame the media is rediculous

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Because we have a history of being good little Doobees and believing whatever they tell us, even when commonsense tells you otherwise.

yeah...right....blame the media...with that type of ignorance, you must be a trump voter.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

yeah...right....blame the media...with that type of ignorance, you must be a trump voter.

You are quite right, in regard to my ignorance, as I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Again I confess to my ignorance as it seems I may have read the post wrong.

My bad. Sorry.
edit on 28-2-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Bad post. Faulty reading skills.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Just getting over a bout of Influenza b. This was without a doubt the worst flu I have ever suffered. All organs affected it seems. Massive dehydration as well. Still coughing a bit of bloody phlegm and so on. This is day 9 for me. At the moment in my team of 14 people we have 7 that have either had it or are having it. Be safe and keep those hands washed kids. There is some nasty germs this year.

Did you get your flu shot?

Better get them. Was just reading that one of the things that causes Alzheimers is the brains protection against microbes. More infections = more plaque that causes Alzheimers

Get your shots lower your risk of infection = lower your risk of Alzheimers

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: rickymouse

geez.....maybe it's a different strain...maybe it's something that hasn't been discovered yet......what the hell do you expect the media to check if the medical establishment can't get a handle on it.....to blame the media is rediculous

Well, how can it be called a pretty good match then. And how come the people getting sick are about the same percentage as the ones not getting vaccinated. When I say percentage, the Non vaccinating ones who get the flu is actually always a little higher than the vaccinated ones, maybe five to ten percent higher, that is normal. But the ratio isn't altered.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2

originally posted by: Fools

Did you get your flu shot?

Better get them. Was just reading that one of the things that causes Alzheimers is the brains protection against microbes. More infections = more plaque that causes Alzheimers

Get your shots lower your risk of infection = lower your risk of Alzheimers

Yeah, read that too, but that is not correct at all, I can't even see how someone would derive the conclusion from the evidence they were looking at. Any illness boosts the possibility of alzheimer disease a tad, but even a vaccination could probably accomplish that. That article made no sense at all. If the article you read is the same article I read anyway.

Increased dopamine levels without enough acetylcholine in the blood increases the odds of alzheimer disease way more, that is why Caffeinated coffee consumption helps to keep alzheimers at bay.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

No, I did not. My wife and kids did and none of them are sick. I will be taking the flu shot for next year. I have learned my lesson. :-)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I got it this year because I once again had an upper respiratory tract infection close to the season that irritated my asthma. So I played it safe not wanting to irritate my airways with another infection so close.

I usually don't bother with the flu shot though.

We've had a nasty something going around our office, so I guess I'll see how well this shot protects.

posted on Mar, 2 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I got mine via my employer. I always take it.

posted on Mar, 9 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

How are you feeling?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join