It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope Sandoval

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hope is probably one of my favorite female singers. She got her start many moons ago in the mid 1980's within the "Paisley Revolution" of southern California that eventually spit up a few bands that became famous. I suppose the Bangles were the best example of this "movement". However, Hope came into a band named Opal just as it was falling apart that eventually became Mazzy Star. Mazzy Star managed to score several indie hits in the 1990's. "Fade into You" is probably the best known. Anyway to get to the point, she never stopped and has released several solo albums since that time. At the moment I am listening to one named, "Through The Devil Softly". I don't think I have ever been so internally calmed and bemused by music - at least not for some time. Have a listen yourself:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I saw her perform solo at the black cat in DC. She had big comfy couches everywhere and it was all candlelit. Great show. That must have been around 2003.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I saw her with Mazzy Star I think around 1993-4, it was a really good show. She is so petite and pretty and humble. But that voice, man that voice is so different and mysterious. Smokey and sweet. Childish but sultry.

I have decided that if she still tours, I will make every effort to see her once more.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

You may get your chance

consequenceofsound.net... listen/

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Love her collaboration's with Massive Attack, especially Paradise Circus:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Wow thank you.

It's amazing how much good music I do know, and how I'll somehow never know it all even though I spend hours a day finding new music.

This seems like something that should have never missed my radar from the jump.

I also just figured out who mazzy was only like a month ago.

edit on 28-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

link   

Muzzy star brings up my most distinctive memories from my early teens. The emotions just come flooding back. It's crazy

link   
Now listening to her newest work, "Until The Hunter". Wow, just wow....

Example:

edit on 28-2-2017 by Fools because: ..

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yeah, me to.

Hopefully they tour with this album soon.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

It will be worth every penny. Which is a rarity. Plus this softness I know my old ears can handle. Such a shame what aging (and ear abuse) does to ears.

If I were to become bionic, I think having bionic ears would be one of my first choices.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

It will be worth every penny. Which is a rarity. Plus this softness I know my old ears can handle. Such a shame what aging (and ear abuse) does to ears.

If I were to become bionic, I think having bionic ears would be one of my first choices.

I'm hoping to get something to fix my left ear. I don't have stereo sound in headphones or in 3D life so much.. It's kind of one sided. Someone calls my name I usually do a 360 before I notice who it was..

not my fault..

but if I could go to my younger self I'd be like stop starring at computer screens in the dark dude.. Stop listening to music at full volume. Stop going to all those hard core shows and standing near the speakers.

haha.. I just finished typing that, and "Hope sung.. "Count your blessings.. on your wa a aaayy down.. Count your blessings on your wayy down."

I am grateful hope. it's like she's in my head!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

excellent op thanks for sharing...!

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I think we could all benefit from being slightly bionic in some way.

I'm sure they will come up with all sorts of advancements that we will be to old to qualify for.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I think we could all benefit from being slightly bionic in some way.

I'm sure they will come up with all sorts of advancements that we will be to old to qualify for.

Like.. Computers and spell check and google and wheel chairs and hip replacements?

we are already bionic..

I just hope we stay human.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hey Reverbs, all

I agree we all need to stay human.
Humanity rocks. (yes there's the darkside too but when it's good, it's really good!)
OP, great thread, thank you!
edit on 28-2-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I wish my broken back was bionic ;(

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It is isn't it?

Humanity.

Consciousness.. Art... My mind has been blown from other humans so many times.

I get why people have a romantic idea of not hurting other animals, but it is silly to think like that. Life eats life. We are all vampires.

And our particular brand of cow eating OR plant eating our life stealing brand makes things that no dog or horse or dolphin could ever make..

The things that make it worth living. We are too smart, and then art takes us back to magic or gratitude.. For me anyway.. It's all so awesome when you appreciate what you have.

Like holy #.. Humans are beautiful animals.

And don't you guys ever forget it.
edit on 28-2-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I wish my broken back was bionic ;(

me too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You said it perfectly, my friend!

top topics

<<   2 >>