It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom and Gods Kingdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I just wonder how many can call themselves free, i like to use the parables of gypsy tales, and i will in fact use gypsies as a parable from now on to rely imply what freedoms means for the majority of people and a single individual who is glorified.

Most of people dont understand the simple word of freedom, for most people it means doing choices of greed, and cloud it in ideals without a moral responsibility that follows, soulless creatures would be more likely the right term.
I know that most people would not know what to do with freedom if it was offered, yet some think its a God given grant, by state or institution.

Ive seen the stereotypes people place on the Gypsy culture, they steal, they kill, they murder, they rape, well according to the stories they are a crime to society and shouldnt be allowed to breed.
This is what freedom means, the wandering jew and no place in Gods Kingdom.

Or you want to see another Culture without the boundaries of modern society, but i guess most of you wouldnt choose to be Amish, or am i wrong? No, its the modern hypocrisy that places things very wrong.

Walls, rules and boundaries are only meant for the sheep, i want the privileges,my birthright gives me that right, is all that you can hear from left and right, but back to the gypsy story.
Being free, means picking the garbage, the waste of society, sleeping out in the cold wilderness, no medical care, nothing. But being free is important isnt it, especially for those who never knew what freedom means if it isnt in a fairy- tale.

Farming on a Warlords land without taxation means surely a crime and a piece of paper means its your land? The Warlord will most likely think otherwise.

I could say it as simple as a dormleade in a hallway, and his/her simple watch dog that does a simple biding for keeping things in places, where freedom is taken for granted.
Freedom offers very little to those who never lived outside Gods Kingdom
--

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

True freedom only exists within oneself.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

True freedom only exists within oneself.
Amen to that ...Being free from false ideas .

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
What is freedom? Is it freedom to do whatever you want including murdering and stealing? Because I think that would quickly devolve into the survival of the most violent and immoral.

Is there a human on earth that is truely free? The Gypsy example might be the closest, but they sometimes find themselves in jail which is no longer free. The Amish certainly are not free as they have many rules in their culture.

Can you have freedom of religion when one religion wants to kill other religions?

My answer is that nobody here on earth is truly free.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

We are all burdened by others and a way of life.

To consider the gypsy, they may be considered "free" compared to the cultural and lawful norms of the society within they roam but are they not constrained and/or expected to behave within the boundaries of their own culture, customs and beliefs?

How free are they to walk away from their culture?

Sometimes assimilation is forced, others it is chosen. Ironically in this nation many "Gypsies" have homes, cars and jobs. All received lawfully.

I know others live as free men and women off the land, plundering the well-being of others such as the theft and destruction of livestock and land. I know this isn't done by all, as I said some have mortgages...

Freedom is an illusion.

I can hold my hand in boiling water as much as the next man, we are all free to do that. Though admittedly our conscience stops it for the most part, we all pull out eventually.

Freedom - The ability to do what you want, however you want, whenever you want?

Nobody has that, there's only one thing true of all people.

Nobody makes it out alive.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

A Zen aphorism says, "Sickness and Medicine cancel each other."

Another Zen Aphorism says, "The same hand that gives you sickness also gives you medicine."

Here is an example:

Fatigue (sickness) ----- Rest (medicine) ----- Bliss (result / virtue / state of being)

Now, to your point. What is freedom by the same aphorisms?

Bondage (sickness) ------

Fill in the rest. If freedom is the virtue, what is the medicine?

Second question: Who owns the hand that gives both sickness and medicine?

If you answer honestly, I will then give you an entire list of virtues with accompanying sickness and medicine. I'll show you true freedom and how it arrives. Suffering is the path to the removal of it. No freedom if the sickness and medicine are not neutralized from a state of polarization.

posted on Feb, 27 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

None of the statements you made are zen aphorisms, a zen aphorism is merely a logical statement in a philosophical western culture, where the first is hope/dream and the other reality in a single sentence.

"I heal souls, where spirits are broken" is a zen aphorism i just made, by using no more than Christian values and ideologies.

Freedom is not a virtue, virtue is a trait, a principle and moral choices, to put it simple;" Its character within "

You look for means to justify your belief based on your own subjective reality.

Reaching Buddhahood, means shattering illusions, not creating new ones.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Both aphorism come straight from the Koans. Sitting and realization is only half of the picture. The other half come from the world to come, which is not visible from sitting alone. Absorption in the world to come is ending the suffering of this world. We work to gain our noble voice. This is the 31st degree of Buddhism and the Bodhisattva returning to gain an assembly. Most who find Zen fail to realize its foundation and stop at selfish desire for self. Sitting is only half. There is a Hidden Zen beyond this world.

RUMI on Meditation

The upshot of these words is this: absorb yourself
with the World to come so that World will
pursue you. “Sitting” means to sit detached from
this world while being absorbed in the affairs of
the world to come. Those who run for the sake of
the other World, they are truly seated. If they are
seated for the sake of the present world, they are
running.

Paul called it running the race. Paul was a Bodhisattva. So was Jesus, John and Rumi.

edit on 28-2-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

Now it's opinions, isn't it? I don't believe there is a hidden zen behind anything. Using your brain for what it is intended for is not transcending, listening to a evolutionary warning system based on 4,5 BYA of evolution is not transcending. Knowing that everyone is driven by simple urges, is not transcending.

You are using words from others to fill your narrative

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

What would you say the responsibility of an enlightened person is in relation to suffering people?

join