It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs About Faith

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
"Faith" by George Michael is my favorite for personal reasons. I remember the time period when the song was a hit as being one of the happiest times of my life. I also love the iconoclastic aspect of the song because I generally despise the concept of faith.*

* "Faith is a device of self-delusion, a sleight of hand done with words and emotions founded on any irrational notion that can be dreamed up. Faith is the attempt to coerce truth to surrender to whim. In simple terms, it is trying to breathe life into a lie by trying to out shine reality with the beauty of wishes. Faith is the refuge of fools, the ignorant, and the deluded,not of thinking, rational men." - Terry Goodkind

www.youtube.com...

I don't know if "Jesus, I / Mary Star Of The Sea" by Zwan was intended to be an indictment of Christianity (and probably faith in general), but that's how I interpret the song. That's one reason I love it.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 22-2-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I flagged you for the sole fact this isn't an anti-trump thread. Surprisingly.

Also RIP George

posted on Feb, 22 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Here's one. Not sure if it fits or not but here goes

Hope ya like it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
I kinda like Caedmon's Call. My only pet peeve with these Christian Bands is they make it sound like a love song the first time I hear it.

DC Talk is also good.

I'm a fan of the genre, from Jeff Buckley's Hallelujah, Jar's of Clay, Switchfoot etc. to J.S. Bach. Maybe one of the best way to convince an atheist to be open that there is some sort of God is to listen to Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 2, either conducted by Lorin Maazel or Leonard Slatkin. Herbert von Karajan's take lack balls.

My two young daughters like:

On account that I played it over and over again for a couple of days as a favor editing the songs for an event.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

top topics

join